Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just Mumming Along (viroids 2)

(894 Posts)
Eskarina Mon 14-May-12 20:10:19

Tried to post on the original thread and my post got rejected as its full! Have copied and pasted below....

Congrats on the job offer ttl...hope the other one comes up trumps for you too.

Dd isn't quite crawling yet, but would very much like to. She is the queen of the Klingons at the moment, and has a meltdown the second I put her down, look in the opposite direction, or if someone else so much as looks at her. Not all the time thankfully, but definitely for part of every day.

On the bf thing, it's so personal.....I've just dropped doing the afternoon feed myself be cause dd is so distractible that she bobs on and off, which I don't like around other people, and now she finally has teeth the constant latch on/off was really hurting. I just bf once a day, our morning snuggle when she's nice and calm. I would be sad to give that one up just yet.

tiredteddy Tue 21-Oct-14 14:05:53

Congrats cookie. Glad all is well.

Does anyone check this thread anymore?

cookielove Sat 06-Sep-14 16:04:49

Hello, is this thread still active?

Erm well incase it is just thought I would pop on and let you know that little Elijah came 6 weeks early smile a surprise for every one!

Curiouslygrumpycola Fri 08-Aug-14 21:38:30

Going to have to have a nosey as I totally lost track of this thread. Has everyone disappeared to Facebook?

Curiouslygrumpycola Fri 08-Aug-14 21:36:50

Esk! Can't believe you have had twins. I'm baby2b under a new guise. I have nearly three year old and a 14 month old. Life is crazy but good.

How are things now you are a SAHM again? Dare I ask if you get any sleep?!

BicycleGasoline Sat 05-Jul-14 20:17:55

Ooh I've just spotted this! T'is Esk under a new guise. Dd is 3 next month and in my long absence from the JS/JM thread I have produced twin boys who had their 1st birthday last month. All madness here, but it's fun. I tried going back to work after maternity leave but it's not really working out so I've handed my notice in.

Pineapple80 Tue 27-May-14 07:37:11

Hi Wing! Your DD sounds like my DS with being into everything! I am trying to use methods of distraction, kitchen utensils to play with, anything that will allow me to chop an onion or finish cooking our meal grin.

It is really lovely to hear about the new babies on the way. It has made me think about when would be a good time for our next one etc. we are not in a hurry but I think to be trying again in a year would be good but DH has said we will decide when it's the right time! Who ever knows when the right time is, but for now we are having a lovely time with DS and enjoying every moment. smile

How is work going Wing? Work is going fine for me, the 4 day week is a good balance for us.

Wishing everyone well smile

WingDefence Tue 20-May-14 20:05:59

No way - I can't believe he'll be one soon!! Little cutie smile

We're fine here. DD is a proper little toddler and she becomes more and more child-like every day. She's behind on where I think DS was speech-wise which I'm trying not to be worried about but DS was also very advanced in speech.

She is so totally different to DS. She's into everything, cupboards, DVD boxes etc whereas DS was an angel baby and we didn't have to childproof the house at all. She also cries at the slightest thing so I sense we may actually reach the terrible twos with her - again, DS was a dream and hasn't really ever had a tantrum!

Anyway I'm meant to be working so best get on! Love to all - especially those who are pregnant again grin

Pineapple80 Fri 16-May-14 04:18:33

Wow I've been away far too long!!! How are all mums and babies? DS is going to be 1 in less than a month. Can't believe it! He has been doing well. Has been braced for dysplasia in left hip for about 6 wks now and a review in July to see how development has been. Fingers crossed all will be ok.

smilesmilesmile

WingDefence Sun 30-Mar-14 08:20:06

Happy Mother's Day all!!!

thanks
cake
thanks

tiredteddy Fri 21-Mar-14 18:04:56

Hi wing! Yes very quiet in here isn't it! How's the lent thing going...? Shame your dd is poorly but hope she will be better by her birthday. Well here dd is properly walking now crawling has disappeared and she's totally climbing everything too. I found her stood up on the buggy a couple of days ago, have to watch her like a hawk now. she's teething a lot, though still only actually had 2 teeth. It's been waking her up which I'm not used to as she's always slept so well. I've started going to a couple of toddler groups now as in aware most my mum friends have dc similar ages to the boys and I need some pals for dd and me when the boys are older and of to secondary school. I had a vision of dd starting school and knowing no one at the school gates any more.

WingDefence Fri 21-Mar-14 13:01:07

Tumbleweeds blow...

Well DD has been ill again - mild dose of conjunctivitis last week and dodgy nappies and two random upchucks of milk this week so she's not at the CM today and I'm failing to get my work done.

She's a year old in 8 days time! I have not really planned anything although we hope to go to a theme park with family on the actual day (29th) and I'm taking birthday cakes to church on Mother's Day too.

I bought a few presents for her at Christmas but haven't got anything really exciting. I think she'll have DS's wooden trike too and his Happy Land later in the year.

She had taken a few tiny steps this week but with all the grumpiness she hasn't done as much since. But I hope she'll be walking properly by her birthday grin

WingDefence Fri 28-Feb-14 11:02:01

Well work last week seems a long time ago as I have naughtily put my feet up a bit metaphorically speaking!

DD has got hand, foot and mouth but doesn't seem to be suffering, although she does look like a mediaeval plague victim shock The CM still took her on Wednesday and today as it's not strictly an exclusion disease and she would have been most infectious (or contagious, I get confused) before the spots came out on Tuesday evening anyway. She's managed to escape the mouth ulcers though which is a relief - well I think she has but given she won't let me look inside her mouth and is eating and drinking fairly well, it can't be that bad if she does have the odd one.

She's 11 months tomorrow! All of our babies are turning 1! Is the JSing thread even still going and is the grads thread filling up? We had such a great lots of grads around the same time on our thread, didn't we?

Hope you've all got lovely weekends planned smile

tiredteddy Mon 17-Feb-14 20:38:31

Ah sounds he's having a great time! I quite fancy the lego movie, it looks very funny. Hope you day at work was ok?

WingDefence Mon 17-Feb-14 16:48:38

That sounds great tired - my church only does holiday club in the summer hols smile

My DPs have had DS all today and took him to the Lego Movie ("brilliant" they all said) and out for tea tonight, then he's staying over at theirs and tomorrow too. Lucky thing grin

tiredteddy Mon 17-Feb-14 11:20:10

Hi wing and everyone,

It's half term here so the boys are going to the church holiday club 10-12 each day. Then we will be seeing friends and things in the afternoons and hoping for some let up in the constant rain!

Hope everyone is happy and healthy x

WingDefence Mon 17-Feb-14 06:45:36

Morning all! I'm at the station one my first of two trips down to London for work this week. Yawn!

Hope you're all doing well? I just can't believe that DD will be 11 months old next week shock

WingDefence Fri 07-Feb-14 20:13:45

Haha I haven't gone back to all the JSing threads I was on apart from around when I suspected I was pg and then when I got my BFP. Happy days smile

vallinnapod Fri 07-Feb-14 11:27:45

Tell me about it. DS is 2.5 at the end of the month!! I read the JS thread and the pregnancy one I was one I was totally mental

WingDefence Thu 06-Feb-14 21:15:26

Hi vallinna grin

Join in!

I've just been reading back through my posts on here and I love reading all about DD in the early days, weeks and months. Can't believe the past 10 months has gone so quickly though. I can't even really remember what it was like to breastfeed now and I did that till mid-Oct which isn't that long ago hmm

Right, tons of work to get on with so best stop bloody procrastinating...

vallinnapod Tue 04-Feb-14 20:09:46

<<slinks in, realises it has been so long that I don't know any of the viriods smile>>

Feij, cola, nickel if you are lurking hiya!

WingDefence Sun 26-Jan-14 20:17:53

You two are both such jet setters wink

We didn't do BLW but have given DD finger foods from an early age. She's getting so independent now (almost 10 months shock) that often she screws her little eyes up and shakes her head when she's had enough of being fed (it makes me and DH laugh!) and I'll just give her the spoon herself or something she can pick up herself on her highchair tray, she has a break and feeds herself and then we go back to spoon feeding. It's very cute smile

Pineapple80 Sat 18-Jan-14 23:34:47

I have totally neglected this thread confused! I hope everyone is well!!! Will pop in again to write more bit wanted to say hi! My DS is 7 month old shock. Where did the time go? I'm back to work no which has been fine bit tiring...DS is sleeping thru the night (sometimes 12 hrs but lately waking earlier at 4 or 5am!) which has helped.

Happy birthday mini Tired!!!

Hooya I think Something did BLW with her youngest DS from memory. We are doing a mix of purees and finger food. But mostly purees and lumpy mashes...he loves it and recently doubled his intakes grin.

Hooya Sat 18-Jan-14 13:22:40

Hello everyone, and happy new year! I suppose it's a bit late to be saying that, on the 18th of January!

Things have been crazy here - Christmas in the UK, New Year in northern Japan, then back at work, getting used to the nannies, recovering from a broken foot!

Wing I think I'm still with you re having one carer for DS, but DP prefers two nannies and I said I'd defer to him on this unusual occasion! They seem to be doing great, and DS is still thriving. I am really struggling to express enough milk though but fighting supplementing for now - would love to make it to 6 months exclusive BFing...

Has anyone here done baby led weaning? I seem to remember someone had but can't remember who! Any advice? I am quite excited about it!

WingDefence Mon 13-Jan-14 11:47:39

Wow - it really has gone quickly hasn't it? smile Happy birthday MiniTired! cake

DD has been suffering with teething recently. She popped THREE on the same day and now has two in the front middle and her top two incisors. I keep calling her my little vampire grin It's meant that we are getting broken nights as she tosses and turns and groans. I probably jump out of bed far too quickly to go and settle her and I should let her grumble (it's not full-on crying).

Such a different experience than with DS. He has probably woken in the night fewer than 10 times in his whole 5 years and never suffered with teething at all. All we'd know is dodgy nappies and red cheeks and that'd be it. We didn't even really need to put dribble bibs on him. DD is a proper dribbly grumble monster. In fact, she's so textbook I am already dreading the terrible twos as that's something else DS never went through so I bet she's going to be a right madam!!

Okay, I should probably get on with some work...

tiredteddy Sun 12-Jan-14 22:02:51

To Mumsnet more????

wink

Hi all it's been a bust Xmas with three dc. Happy days. Well tomorrow dd turns 1! I can't believe it! I'm busy making her cake now. No doubt I'll post some pics on the FB page tomorrow. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now