Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just Mumming Along (viroids 2)

(913 Posts)
Eskarina Mon 14-May-12 20:10:19

Tried to post on the original thread and my post got rejected as its full! Have copied and pasted below....

Congrats on the job offer ttl...hope the other one comes up trumps for you too.

Dd isn't quite crawling yet, but would very much like to. She is the queen of the Klingons at the moment, and has a meltdown the second I put her down, look in the opposite direction, or if someone else so much as looks at her. Not all the time thankfully, but definitely for part of every day.

On the bf thing, it's so personal.....I've just dropped doing the afternoon feed myself be cause dd is so distractible that she bobs on and off, which I don't like around other people, and now she finally has teeth the constant latch on/off was really hurting. I just bf once a day, our morning snuggle when she's nice and calm. I would be sad to give that one up just yet.

cookielove Tue 25-Nov-14 16:51:17

We used the nipple sheild's it was the only thing that helped Eli feed. I actually thought we had cracked it bit sadly he was already addicted to the bottle so it was a lost cause!

So definitly use them if they help!!

JuniDD Sun 23-Nov-14 19:23:06

Yikes furry that sounds painful. Are you managing to do lots of skin to skin with her? I hope the midwife is helpful. Do you sort of "grip" the back of her neck to put her on? She'll get there, stay as calm as you can.

I think my DD is in a growth spurt and that can make the latch go a bit crap so I'm sore too. sad Lots of Lansinoh being applied here and unlatching. MrJ has taken her upstairs for an hour as we're in the evening screamathon, really gets me down as she screams so much and refuses the breast. At least she's fed a lot during today so I know she's not starved. Hope your nights are ok. x

Nessalina Sun 23-Nov-14 19:13:02

That's not good Scoob! confused
I've currently decided 'sod it' about the nipple shields. It hurts quite a bit without them and he's cluster feeding confused Plus he's only going on without the shields 50% of the time! He's getting weighed on Tues, and I figure if he's putting on weight then ma what's the harm in using the shields??

FurryScoob Sun 23-Nov-14 17:37:13

I have a nocturnal baby that's forgotten how to latch on sad got to see a midwife tomorrow for help, my nipples have gone purple!

Can you fix things with pelvic floors juni I'm too chicken to investigate the fanjo damage at the moment!

JuniDD Sun 23-Nov-14 12:29:57

I was feeling shortchanged! But did feel "pushy" at points in the labour and did push a few times as it helped with the pain. It's pregnancy though, not labour that's made it low. Lots of squeezes!

I can't advise on the nipple shields but take it feed by feed and do what feels right rather than what you think you should do. It's so up and down but the ups get longer and the downs easier to deal with.

I got the ring sling going last night. It's brilliant. DD is an evening screamer and it's so much easier to soothe her in it. Well, tonight she may hate it but last night was a lot calmer. smile

Nessalina Sun 23-Nov-14 03:00:59

Glad there's nothing serious to be sorted Juni! I didn't even realise you could get a prolapse with a CS! shock

Welcome Scoob! How's your little one getting on? smile

J has been a cluster feeding nightmare all yesterday... I felt like a milk machine. Eleven feeds!!
He had his tongue tie snipped on Tues, but I'm failing at weaning him off the nipple shield. It's so much easier for both of us feeding with it, that I can't decide if I should just leave well alone and carry on with it... It's so hard to know what's right! confused

JuniDD Sat 22-Nov-14 11:00:22

Congrats furry and welcome to your brand new DD! thanks thanks

Dr said cervix is low but that's normal. Think she did give it a shove when she rummaged as it feels better now!

Rough night here, intending to sleep as much as possible this afternoon. confused

FurryScoob Sat 22-Nov-14 04:51:49

Morning viroids, one sleep deprived, sore nippled new mum moving in!
shock heel prick test sounds horrible ness
flowers hope whatever's come out can be shoved back in juni

JuniDD Fri 21-Nov-14 14:58:57

Hi, hope you're getting on ok. Things are ok here although DD us a bit if a screamer. sad

Doctor later as I think I have a prolapse...not fair as I had a section! But things are definitely Not Right. sad sad

Nessalina Sun 16-Nov-14 16:26:42

Hey hey smile
I'm so crap at keeping up with MN now - how dare J steal all my browsing time?? grin
Just been for his heel prick test and he bleed loads poor thing! Not sure how I'll cope if they snip this tongue tie! shock

cookielove Fri 14-Nov-14 14:59:05

ness it is amazing how quick you survive and actually live on so little sleep!

JuniDD Thu 13-Nov-14 14:00:44

Aw cookie, hugs to you.

DD is going nocturnal, noooooo! Sleeping loads during the day then feeding loads at night. Just got used to a bit more sleep. sad

Nessalina Thu 13-Nov-14 11:14:51

First non-meconium nappy smile And DH had the joy of changing those, so my first poo experience, lol.

Nightmare night. Fed every hour 1-7 at which point I had to pass him to DH to take him downstairs so I could sleep confused He entertained him for 3hrs, so I'm feeling a bit more human now!!

cookielove Thu 13-Nov-14 08:00:46

Yes that is true Ness

Eli enjoyed weeing on us in the early days. I don't think he's done it for a month!

First dirty nappy at home or first dirty nappy ever?

Nessalina Thu 13-Nov-14 04:08:34

Just changed my first dirty nappy grin And got fountain weed all over - it's lucky he's cute smile
BFing ongoing is going to depend on getting James' tongue tie seen to - at the minute he can only latch on with a nipple shield, and I'm a bit worried that when my milk comes in properly that it's going to be a bit of a challenge... We'll see!
It's funny really cookie, I bet I'll be pretty jealous at times of you bottle feeding too - there's a lot of benefits to both at the end of the day smile

cookielove Thu 13-Nov-14 03:59:25

Hmm so jealous of you lot breastfeeding, I've gotta let it go, I realise!!

JuniDD Wed 12-Nov-14 13:23:00

Glad to hear J is on the boob! Lansinoh is the shiz, smear it on all the time. I use it frequently to keep things happy!

Nessalina Wed 12-Nov-14 01:44:29

Wakey wakey! grin
Just checking in. James is currently happily on the boob - yay!
With four of us recently graduated and many more on the way we can totally get this moving.
JSing solidarity!! grin

JuniDD Wed 12-Nov-14 00:19:47

Bumpity bump! Let's wake this thread up.

tiredteddy Tue 21-Oct-14 14:05:53

Congrats cookie. Glad all is well.

Does anyone check this thread anymore?

cookielove Sat 06-Sep-14 16:04:49

Hello, is this thread still active?

Erm well incase it is just thought I would pop on and let you know that little Elijah came 6 weeks early smile a surprise for every one!

Curiouslygrumpycola Fri 08-Aug-14 21:38:30

Going to have to have a nosey as I totally lost track of this thread. Has everyone disappeared to Facebook?

Curiouslygrumpycola Fri 08-Aug-14 21:36:50

Esk! Can't believe you have had twins. I'm baby2b under a new guise. I have nearly three year old and a 14 month old. Life is crazy but good.

How are things now you are a SAHM again? Dare I ask if you get any sleep?!

BicycleGasoline Sat 05-Jul-14 20:17:55

Ooh I've just spotted this! T'is Esk under a new guise. Dd is 3 next month and in my long absence from the JS/JM thread I have produced twin boys who had their 1st birthday last month. All madness here, but it's fun. I tried going back to work after maternity leave but it's not really working out so I've handed my notice in.

Pineapple80 Tue 27-May-14 07:37:11

Hi Wing! Your DD sounds like my DS with being into everything! I am trying to use methods of distraction, kitchen utensils to play with, anything that will allow me to chop an onion or finish cooking our meal grin.

It is really lovely to hear about the new babies on the way. It has made me think about when would be a good time for our next one etc. we are not in a hurry but I think to be trying again in a year would be good but DH has said we will decide when it's the right time! Who ever knows when the right time is, but for now we are having a lovely time with DS and enjoying every moment. smile

How is work going Wing? Work is going fine for me, the 4 day week is a good balance for us.

Wishing everyone well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now