Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just Mumming Along (viroids 2)

(931 Posts)
Eskarina Mon 14-May-12 20:10:19

Tried to post on the original thread and my post got rejected as its full! Have copied and pasted below....

Congrats on the job offer ttl...hope the other one comes up trumps for you too.

Dd isn't quite crawling yet, but would very much like to. She is the queen of the Klingons at the moment, and has a meltdown the second I put her down, look in the opposite direction, or if someone else so much as looks at her. Not all the time thankfully, but definitely for part of every day.

On the bf thing, it's so personal.....I've just dropped doing the afternoon feed myself be cause dd is so distractible that she bobs on and off, which I don't like around other people, and now she finally has teeth the constant latch on/off was really hurting. I just bf once a day, our morning snuggle when she's nice and calm. I would be sad to give that one up just yet.

cookielove Wed 24-Dec-14 21:36:02

Oh how nice for you juni

Eli slept 8.40pm-7.00am last night! shock
grin

He's been down since 7 but woke at 7.15 and 7.30. We then woke him at 8.40 to bring him home but he stayed asleep in the car. Got in and he woke up he has taken 4 and 1/2 oz and is back asleep gonna put him in bed in a min and fx he sleeps through again!

JuniDD Wed 24-Dec-14 07:14:57

She needed a big poo. Which she did all over the changing mat. shock

JuniDD Wed 24-Dec-14 06:37:47

How's it going everyone? DD just woken an hour after going down. She did six hours before that though so mustn't grumble.

cookielove Mon 08-Dec-14 09:02:54

Ahhh he only managed two nights of sleeping through and has gone back to waking at 3-4. FX he starts again soon!

JuniDD Mon 08-Dec-14 08:54:43

So glad I read they are less hungry before a growth spurt. Feeding DD is not easy today!

JuniDD Sun 07-Dec-14 21:23:29

Well done Eli!

S has been sleeping well too bit fear it's about to change with the next growth spurt. Making the most of it!

cookielove Sat 06-Dec-14 09:29:05

OMG he slept 12-8 tis amazing!

Nessalina Fri 05-Dec-14 14:49:24

Good god! Jealous! grin

cookielove Fri 05-Dec-14 13:59:46

I have two medela swing pumps! Very good! When I was using them. I don't think my boobs were made for pumping though!

Eli slept 10.00 - 6.00 then 6.40 - 10.00!

Nessalina Wed 03-Dec-14 23:48:05

I've got the Phillips AVENT electric pump! Middle of the range price-wise, and I've heard good things about it.
Bit nervous about giving it a go!

JuniDD Wed 03-Dec-14 22:50:42

Heh cookie, I have wondered about that!

No cluster feeding tonight so DD is asleep on me with a dirty nappy as I assumed I would be up shortly for a change of scene! Quite comfy though. wink

I am thinking about expressing...what pump have you got ness?

Nessalina Wed 03-Dec-14 22:22:04

You see! We said there'd be a point that you'd be happy about bottle feeding! wink
I unpacked my breast pump today, it's all sterilised and ready to go for me to give it a stab tomorrow! smile

cookielove Wed 03-Dec-14 17:58:31

You don't get that with a formula fed baby!

Nessalina Wed 03-Dec-14 17:23:16

Cluster feeding is a bugger confused I feel like J has been on the boob all day!

JuniDD Tue 02-Dec-14 16:17:27

hello, she's been much better since then but it's a shocker when you think you can grab a sleep and the baby has other ideas!

She is now six weeks and I can't wait for the evening cluster feeding to stop. Got a lactation consultant coming tomo to check latch etc.

Nessalina Tue 02-Dec-14 03:22:15

Sorry, she not he!!

Nessalina Tue 02-Dec-14 03:21:56

Oh god you poor thing! How is he tonite?
This thread dropped off my list! I need to post more often!
J has a horrible cold - I just bought myself a snot sucker on Amazon shock

JuniDD Sun 30-Nov-14 19:39:28

OMG this is a real growth spurt. No sleep for me tonight! Put her down after a massive feed and she only did 45 mins sleep. Yikes!

cookielove Tue 25-Nov-14 16:51:17

We used the nipple sheild's it was the only thing that helped Eli feed. I actually thought we had cracked it bit sadly he was already addicted to the bottle so it was a lost cause!

So definitly use them if they help!!

JuniDD Sun 23-Nov-14 19:23:06

Yikes furry that sounds painful. Are you managing to do lots of skin to skin with her? I hope the midwife is helpful. Do you sort of "grip" the back of her neck to put her on? She'll get there, stay as calm as you can.

I think my DD is in a growth spurt and that can make the latch go a bit crap so I'm sore too. sad Lots of Lansinoh being applied here and unlatching. MrJ has taken her upstairs for an hour as we're in the evening screamathon, really gets me down as she screams so much and refuses the breast. At least she's fed a lot during today so I know she's not starved. Hope your nights are ok. x

Nessalina Sun 23-Nov-14 19:13:02

That's not good Scoob! confused
I've currently decided 'sod it' about the nipple shields. It hurts quite a bit without them and he's cluster feeding confused Plus he's only going on without the shields 50% of the time! He's getting weighed on Tues, and I figure if he's putting on weight then ma what's the harm in using the shields??

FurryScoob Sun 23-Nov-14 17:37:13

I have a nocturnal baby that's forgotten how to latch on sad got to see a midwife tomorrow for help, my nipples have gone purple!

Can you fix things with pelvic floors juni I'm too chicken to investigate the fanjo damage at the moment!

JuniDD Sun 23-Nov-14 12:29:57

I was feeling shortchanged! But did feel "pushy" at points in the labour and did push a few times as it helped with the pain. It's pregnancy though, not labour that's made it low. Lots of squeezes!

I can't advise on the nipple shields but take it feed by feed and do what feels right rather than what you think you should do. It's so up and down but the ups get longer and the downs easier to deal with.

I got the ring sling going last night. It's brilliant. DD is an evening screamer and it's so much easier to soothe her in it. Well, tonight she may hate it but last night was a lot calmer. smile

Nessalina Sun 23-Nov-14 03:00:59

Glad there's nothing serious to be sorted Juni! I didn't even realise you could get a prolapse with a CS! shock

Welcome Scoob! How's your little one getting on? smile

J has been a cluster feeding nightmare all yesterday... I felt like a milk machine. Eleven feeds!!
He had his tongue tie snipped on Tues, but I'm failing at weaning him off the nipple shield. It's so much easier for both of us feeding with it, that I can't decide if I should just leave well alone and carry on with it... It's so hard to know what's right! confused

JuniDD Sat 22-Nov-14 11:00:22

Congrats furry and welcome to your brand new DD! thanks thanks

Dr said cervix is low but that's normal. Think she did give it a shove when she rummaged as it feels better now!

Rough night here, intending to sleep as much as possible this afternoon. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now