Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2008: I'm four and 'they're all mine!'

(647 Posts)
latrucha Thu 01-Mar-12 20:19:27

Sorry Simposn. Just couldn't resist. grin

simpson Fri 22-Feb-13 21:56:25

JKS - sad 2 of my best friends are getting over breast cancer and it has been a tough ride the last year but they are now clear and my best best friend finished chemo 3 weeks ago.

Glad you had a fab time (I saw some of the pics on FB).

H is surprisingly behaving himself so far although I did not see him for that long and now won't see him as I am at mine and he is at my mums with the kids. But so far he is sober and engaging with DC which is all good Joshua has been very excited about the visit so I hope it goes well. ExH goes back on Sunday afternoon (they are all taking the kids to a petting farm tomorrow). I just hope the kids are not too upset when they come home on Sunday.

LaTrucha Sat 23-Feb-13 11:16:03

Jumping back on to come back later.

LaTrucha Sun 24-Feb-13 20:38:41

Filly - What a horrible shock. Is there any news. I am really hoping for the best for you.

How are they Simpson? Did he manage to get through one trip without being an arse?

JKS - How lovely of you to offer. Even if she doesn't take you up at first, keep offering. People tend to rally round at first, ad then get shy of asking. I imagine you could work that one out for yourself.

I think Madmouse is getting ready for her move. If you're there, MM how are things?

simpson Thu 28-Feb-13 20:18:26

Filly - how are things going? I have been thinking about you....

LaT - how are you getting on?

All good here. J is about to start playing football on Saturday mornings (early) so there go my lazy Saturday mornings grin

M still being a handful and she is starting g to be a little bit of a handful at school too I think, so the teachers are upping their game and encouraging her to play outside more (which she hates) and providing more 121 work.

Still doing my placement in a reception class and loving it, but my god I am knackered when I get home!!

LaTrucha Sun 03-Mar-13 13:49:46

Hi Simpson,

Glad to know it's going well. I am allergic to Saturday morning activities grin It's strictly pancakes and pyjamas in this house. I do realise I only get away with this as S as yet has no idea there are any activities. She knows her friends go to ballet, but the details are hazy for her.

I am tired. Danny is getting out of bed lots and generally being mischeivous.

LaTrucha Sun 03-Mar-13 14:31:32

Any news, filly?

JKSLtd Sun 03-Mar-13 20:30:36

Sunday is our lazy day here.

H does football on a Saturday and recently moved up a group so instead of a 10am start, it's 9am. Getting not so fun every bl**dy weekend!

Filly - thinking of you too.

Hungover today, not good, i'm too old for late nights & too much wine...

LaTrucha Wed 06-Mar-13 08:59:33

I think I have finally broken through the reference problem. I've been offered A'level examining work this morning. smile Sometimes beating your head against a brick wall pays off!

So, on the to do list:
pass driving test
buy shiny second handcar
take the kids for picnics in the country smile

Home front looking good too.

Note to self. It's good to be stubborn.

LaTrucha Wed 06-Mar-13 10:07:16

p.s. you've probably seen on FB but Madmouse is in hospital

Fillybuster Wed 06-Mar-13 11:43:40

thanks for all the love....sorry I've not been on here for a bit.

so, my mother has been diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma in her brain. not particularly good news, but apparently she has managed to get the only type of malignant brain tumour which is remotely treatable, so a small sigh of relief on that score.

treatment starts next week. 6 sessions of v v intensive chemo over the next 12 weeks, 2-3 days in hospital each time. then we'll see whether radiotherapy is requied...i suspect it will be, the the doctors are sticking with the "lets start with x and then deal with everything else down the line" position.

have to work out what to tell the dcs...

apart from that, all good with us. feeling rather overwhelmed by everything at the moment tho. and passover is looming <groan>

what happened to Madmouse? Not been on FB this week...

LaT - T does ballet on a Monday night, in order to protect weekend mornings. is that an option? maybe once you get the car?! wink
Well done on getting the A level marking work smile smile

LaTrucha Wed 06-Mar-13 12:17:24

Filly - I'm sorry your mum is so ill, but glad it may be treatable. What an awful time for you. My policy on telling DCs things is keep it simple, don't tell them thing they don't need to know, don't lie. I think it's a very personal decision though.

Madmouse - Possibly gall stones. Very painful.

I am SO going to be the taxi driver once I've passed. We're going everywhere: Zumba, gym you name it until I get sick of it

madmouse Fri 08-Mar-13 12:33:47

Hi guys sorry I don't MN anymore and at some point the window with this thread ended up closed and I lost it blush. Glad you're still here especially LaTrucha as I never see you on FB xx

Yes I have gall stones, am now at work again feeling a bit yuk and tired and with strong painkillers handy. Waiting for an op to take the gallbladder out. Could be a few months. Day surgery (keyhole) but a few weeks to recover which is eeek when you have a child with physical disabilities...

Off to catch up now xxx

madmouse Fri 08-Mar-13 12:36:33

Filly sad

Hope they manage to do something. It sounds so scary xx

madmouse Sat 16-Mar-13 17:16:28

I think I shouldn't have come back, I've killed it now!

JKSLtd Sat 16-Mar-13 17:40:38

Haha, no chance! It had dropped off TIO though which is where I usually check.

Filly - I think of you & your family often and hope things aren't too awful, I know next to nothing about Hodgkin's - didn't Charlie have it in Party of Five? blush - but hope it can be treated successfully & without too much awful medicine.

MM - how're things?

I'm knackered, not sleeping well, DH keeps waking me up snoring/coming to bed late/etc.
H isn't too early atm, 6ish. What seems to have worked is taking away his light! He hasn't asked for it and as he can't turn it on as soon as he wakes he seems to stay quiet for longer. Can't be sure he's asleep for longer but quiet is fine by me!

M is fine, a right handful though, driving me mad at every opportunity, very bossy which can be cute but also infuriating. She already asks to go to school, think she'll love it when she starts in Sept. shock that it's so soon but at the same time it feels ages away! Need to get her sorted with nappies, she won't take long I'm sure once she's had the first success, and the weather warms up enough to do some trouser/vest/nappy-free time.

Seeing as i'm updating, T is fine too, had a friend round to play today, they were both very good. He is getting excited about his birthday already! not til May but we're contemplating a party at home for him, lego-themed is my preference smile He wants the Skylanders game, which is easy at least for present sorting - & adding to later on.

Think that's it from me, hope everyone's healthy & happy smile

JKSLtd Sun 17-Mar-13 15:16:06

Happy St Patrick's Day! shamrock

simpson Sun 17-Mar-13 22:19:22

JKS - J is very into skylanders too. I just bought him the sticker album today which has kept him happy smile

Filly - How are things? Am thinking of you xx

All good here really. DC happy. Molly has started football training with J on a Saturday morning (and is totally hopeless at it!!) but loves it!! It is very good for her physical co-ordination etc.

The good news is that she has been discharged from OT/physio and her teacher at school now reports no major difference between her and her peers which is good smile Although she is never going to be sporty....

JKSLtd Wed 20-Mar-13 19:40:27

Simps - tips on what to get for Skylanders? Starter Giant pack plus what else?
Yey for Molly!

Filly - still sending positive thoughts x

simpson Thu 21-Mar-13 13:06:01

You need the pack with the portal which I think is the main starter pack.

You also may find a skylander 2013 annual cheap somewhere which J loves as it tells him who is who.

I did not get him anything else but but gave him some money so he could then choose his own figures (which you can buy individually).

JKSLtd Thu 21-Mar-13 13:15:36

Thanks Simps - will look for that annual on ebay.
I was going to get the starter pack, then maybe tell grandparents if they wanted ides to get certain other characters.
T can always save up pocket money/tooth fairy! money/etc to choose his own afterwards. How many does J have?
There are 3 in the starter pack, how many more does a person even manage to play with? (though I confess to being a collection-completer if at all possible!).

Lots I'm meant to be doing in M's naptime, it always seems to end up being laptop & tv time on the sofa blush hmm

simpson Thu 21-Mar-13 15:54:06

There are loads of them but I think J only has about 8. He has got into the sticker album in a big way too.

He has some money my mum gave him so will probably take him to buy another in the holidays.

LaTrucha Sun 24-Mar-13 19:52:49

I'm in total shock and need serious hand-holding.

S has a wobbly tooth!

How dare she lose her baby teeth. Each one cost me agony! I am going to have it gold plated.

I hope you are all doing ok if you have snow. We have been incredibly lucky here and avoided it.

Great news about Molly. I'm really happy for her. I keep wondering if I should do more for S. The dreaded sports day is coming up. I wonder about the osteopath as the paediatrician cleared her. They are just so damn expensive.

JKSLtd Mon 25-Mar-13 20:20:56

Nooooo LaT!!! T is only on his third lost tooth! Can't be having H losing them as well. Apart form the fact he'd have no clue what's going on.

LaTrucha Mon 25-Mar-13 20:52:32

grin It did make me gulp down emotion, in fact, which is silly. I thought I had about another year to go. But no. It is wobbling. She is completely thrilled.

simpson Fri 29-Mar-13 20:11:08

J has already had his sports day but reception have not had theirs yet....not looking forward to it either sad

Day 1 of the school holidays and they have not stopped fighting all day <<sigh>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now