Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

A new place to chat about our beautiful babies growing and playing

(979 Posts)
KLou111 Thu 23-Feb-12 17:56:38

A new place to meet ladies smile

KLou111 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:43:14

I was going to say teeth iwish he looks very rosy on his photos!
Canines are meant to be the worst too......still not through here yet.

I don't normally like the snow, love the look of it etc, but just the look of it just makes me want to stay in. Although seeing the look on Euans face when he saw it, and him playing with Bella today was just beautiful smile

KLou111 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:44:33

Oh, and just dyed my hair brown. Not as dark as I wanted, only a non permanent, but was scared!! Love it though. Getting the chop Wednesday x

lizandlulu Mon 14-Jan-13 21:50:54

Your hair looks good klou!! Wat kind did you get? I used a loreal one, can't remember the exact name, but it was chocolate truffle. I wanted to go darker too, but like your was scared of what it would turn out like! I might go a shade darker next time. There was one alled iced chocolate which I'm going to try.

Ah iwish, I hope you et a good night sleep ASAP! It completely wears you out after they have been sleeping through!

I ment to tell you, I got 2 maclaren seat liners yesterday from t k max, £3 each!! They are boys ones tho and I was sure they would sell straight away on Facebook, but the bloody tight buggers want me to give them away! I asked a tenner inc postage for them and thought hat was goods I paid £15 for mine! Going to try eBay I think, I have got a pile of stuff that wants putting on there, but can never find he time or energy to do it!

KLou111 Tue 15-Jan-13 14:07:06

I got clairol nice n easy golden brown non perm. Will get a darker one next week when it starts washing out.
They are tight arses Liz!! You bloody got them. Stick on ebay like you said!

Well I've got the chop, love it. Looks better than the photo on Facebook, will be a lot easier to manage too. My hair was really dry, like rats tails, more silky now smile

lizandlulu Tue 15-Jan-13 20:41:11

It reminds me of a certain wig you wore the other week??

My god there must have been something in the air last night! I went to bed t 11 . Violet woke crying at 10 past, and didn't go back to sleep till 2am! She was crying a lot, but every time I picked her up she'd stop, I calpoled her, but still didn't make a difference. About 1.30 she wanted to play and read a book!i put one in the cot and went back to bed, and she went off.

Then i went on Facebook first thing, like you do!, and every other status was, I can't sleep, I havent slept, worse sleep ever!

lizandlulu Wed 16-Jan-13 17:44:22

Still Mardy and temperamental in this hous and that's just me!

KLou111 Wed 16-Jan-13 18:25:58

Ha ha!! What's up?
How's violet? Is she sick?

Euan woke at 5.30 so I got into bed with him and his hands were freezing!
Just got his curtains up, so hope that helps.

Yes, hair like my wig smile love it, should've gone dark years ago! Bought a permanent dye today, dark golden brown nice and easy one, so the same one, just a shade darker.
Been to get my nails done today, had shellac put on. They keep breaking, so hoping they'll get stronger. Only had clear put on.
Coffee with my 2 neighbours tomorrow who've both got 9 month old boys, then coffee with a friend Friday morning, busy week!!

lizandlulu Thu 17-Jan-13 19:25:50

No she's not sick really, just off it and abit fussy. She's still got this cough, not half as bad as it was tho, she's full of snot and phlegm, and it's not nice being stuck in. I'm trying not to go out very much as I don't want her to get worse. We did go to toddler group this morning, but that's it. I had my hair cut this aft and mum came to look after her.

How did coffee go with your friends? I bet their babies seem really babyish compared to Euan! I held a four month old today at toddler group while his mum got a bottle, and he was all wobbly!

That's shellac is ment to be really good! Is it dead shiny?

KLou111 Thu 17-Jan-13 21:54:26

Tbh I think the shellac is shite. Peeling off last night already!!! I can buy cheap mail varnish that lasts longer and it wouldn't cost me £18!!!! Just ordered some nail hardener off Amazon for £5 that has fantastic reviews. Wish I'd done that first!!

Sorry violet all snotty, poor little thing sad Awful isn't it esp as you can't get then to blow!!

Did you have much cut off?

Coffee was nice, yes their babies are like proper babies!!! Very strange!! Of course they could just sit and relax, and Euan was into everything so I was constantly up and down! My neighbour said it was good as she could see what needed babyproofing ha ha!

Was nice though smile Thing is Euan just kind of sits when and where he wants to sit, and a couple of times that was on a babys head, hard not to giggle, felt a bit bad grin

KLou111 Thu 17-Jan-13 21:56:16

Oh, what's the snow like? Snowing and settled here already!
Shamed we didn't get Euan a sledge. We have a box, so may stick a rope to that lol!!!

KLou111 Thu 17-Jan-13 22:01:43

Me again. Dyed my hair this morning with the permanent one. Must admit it's gone a bit dry sad Prefer the colour as a bit darker, and in certain lights has an auburn twang which is nice.
However, I got out the shower, and my forehead and round my hairline was still stained. I had to scrub with a towel to get it off....a bit too much on my forehead, it feels raw, thank god I have a fringe!!
My mum told me off as you're meant to put vaseline around to stop that, obviously I didn't think it actually would stick.....wrong!!!

lizandlulu Fri 18-Jan-13 09:07:27

Ha ha oops, I didn't bother ith the Vaseline either, but if I go for permanent I know I will have to!! Yes I. Ad quite sbit cut off, the hairdressers all remarked on he amount of hair on the floor!

No more snow over night, but it's ment to be coming this afternoon, I hope it's not too bad as I'm ment to be taking lulu to. Roller disco in Lincoln.

I know what you men's bout them sitting and relaxing. As you probably know from my Facebook, I go into costa every week, and it used to be a lovely relaxing experience with violet sitting and munching on her wafers like s good girl, not she constantly wants to be out of the highchair, walking in front of people with trays of coffee nd generally wanting to be tripped over. It's more stressful that anything else, but I love the coffee!!!!

lizandlulu Mon 21-Jan-13 17:28:43

I want this snow to feck off!!!!! Yes it's pretty, but it's also cold and wet. We have had about 5-6 inches in total, spread over a few days and more forecast tomorrow. Whoopee do

KLou111 Wed 23-Jan-13 17:33:17

Had e-frikkin-nuff now!! and it's started again arrrrrrgh!!!!!

Well, we've booked a holiday yippee. 4 weeks tomorrow!! Going back to Egypt where we went last year. It's the Holiday Village place which is fab for kids.....probably more when Euan's older, but there's a creche so we can have some time off when needed!!
Can't wait. We were above some swim up rooms last year which were great as only the people in those rooms (about 10 rooms I think) can use that pool. It's runs the length of all the rooms. We tried to upgrade when we last went but hotel was full. We were gutted cos we didn't want to be stuck on the balcony for 2 hours while Euan slept, not getting any drinks etc, so this way we get served drinks, we're still by a pool, in the sun while Euan sleeps smile
It's quiet too, so will be able to relax, then head to the main pool in the afternoon.

Probably will be our last holiday til September time, and had enough of being cold!!!!!

lizandlulu Thu 24-Jan-13 16:03:37

Oh my god, swim up pool!!!!! THat sounds amazing!!!! I also have visions of having to swim out the pool to get out the room :D not so good if your going out for the day!!!L but I do imagine you will also have a door? I hope so!

You best get your suit case out the loft!

I have booked my girlie break away! Going with some of the same girls I went to benidorm with last year, again to benidorm in a different hotel. Going Tuesday to sat! I am so so excited

KLou111 Sat 26-Jan-13 11:43:20

Ooooooo when you going Liz? Wish o had some girlie friends like that. You know we've been back almost 7 months and I've not had a single girls night out??? My friends are so shit!

New suitcase just arrived. Robs got a hard case with 4 wheels and so much easier to handle than mind with 2 wheels (one has a flat spot too so it makes and clunk clunk clunk nouse!)
I've bought a cheapy one from sportsdirect, was only £25. Might not last long but I wasn't going to spend a fortune on one.

I feel knackered. I'm not sure if it's Euans teeth, or the bed thing, but he is up and down all night sad
He's been fine since 5th Jan, but the night before his mattress arrived, he clicked he could get out of bed! Since then, I've had to stay til he falls asleep, but as soon as he realises I'm gone, he crawls out, even with his sleeping bag on!
So I slept on his floor from 1am, am knackered! Might get a gate for his door and take him out of his bag so at least he can get back to bed if he gives up. Need this sorted before hol really.
Thought we'd cracked it sad

lizandlulu Sat 26-Jan-13 14:57:33

Mum and dad have one of them 4 wheel cases, they are ace! Dead easy to push.

I am going last week in June, I have a big squashy bag on wheels, it's lighter than a proper cars and can fit loads in it. Just got to be careful with breakables.

Yes sounds like a gate might be the best idea. Even if he does get up,Chen he can't get out the room. I know it sounds harsh but they have got to learn to stay in bed. That's when I am planning to do when our time comes. I'm going to try one of them long bumper things I posted on here the other week. If hat doesn't keep her in bed, then gate it will be.

She's got her bad chest again, up every hour or so. So not happy.everytime she lays down she starts to cough and struggles for breath. No, actually it's not hat she's struggling, more just finding it harder than usual.

KLou111 Sat 26-Jan-13 17:18:42

Poor violet!! Has she got something for it? Do you know what it is? Bed you're knackered!

Euans climbing over the bumper! I trapped him in and I didn't think he would! I've managed to sort the door thing and going to jam a broom under the door handle, so that'll sort it for now. Have also taken him out of his bag again so he can get back in bed if he gets out. Was quite funny at lunchtime him getting up and coming downstairs himself (we heard the thud of him getting out of bed!)
Hopefully we'll get a quite night although his teeth are really bothering him as he's hardly eating. Toast and crumpets he's had today!

Bet you can't wait to go away now it's booked!

The big thaw is finally happening here woohoo!!

KLou111 Sat 26-Jan-13 19:53:02

Bit of controlled crying going on here.......not liking this at all!!

Had to leave his lamp on so he can find his bed cos I can't find the plug in light arrrrgh!!!
I kinda want my dinner in peace tonight!

KLou111 Sat 26-Jan-13 19:59:17

Alls quiet....
Could do with a video monitor!!
My monitor not working, the adapters have all blown and the rechargeable batteries won't charge! Keep having to go into hall to listen.

KLou111 Sat 26-Jan-13 20:49:38

Me again, just checked. Fast asleep grin let's hope it stays that way all night.....knackered!!

KLou111 Sun 27-Jan-13 11:19:32

Well, all as quiet til we went to bed. Euan started screaming, crying and trying to open his door at 12.10, at 12.25 I said to Rob about going to give him some teething stuff and he said just leave him a bit longer. At 12.35 he gave up, then up at 6.30.
Fingers crossed it gets longer.....

lizandlulu Sun 27-Jan-13 16:00:06

Oh is he tired nd Mardy today? I bet you are!!! I hope he gets the hang of it soon, for your sake!

Well it hammered down all night nd the ice and snow is completely gone, you would never think it had been here yesterday. Spose we will have to prepare for more floods too now it's all thawed.

Last night with violet was better, 11 and. 5.30 but back to sleep father her inhaler and she got up just before 9.

I have had to do something I have never done before. I had to get the morning after pill today. The condom split last night, and it's right before my period is due. Trust it to happen to me. I just can't deal ith the wait and worry, so had to go and get it, £26!!!!! Less expensive than abortion or a baby, but even so! £26 for one little pill?
I am going to go back on the pill I think, I don't want to risk that happening again, I stopped taking it cause I was forgetting too often, but I think if I put it somewhere in sight every morning I should be ok.

KLou111 Sun 27-Jan-13 18:10:25

£26!!! I thought they were free!!! But yes totally worth it if you don't want the little spermies to reach their aimed for destination!!
I think I would shit myself at the moment, so tired that I doubt I could actually go through all this again!

I've been thinking of changing from the pill to that injection. So sick of taking the pill, and I just want to not think about it. I think iwish had the implant and had it removed.

Glad violet feeling better. Poor little mite sad

Euan has just had his first proper meal for 3 days (shepherds pie) so fingers crossed it helps him sleep! Been chewing his fridge teether all day poor lad. Must be awful sad

Hammered it down here too, thankfully all gone, but drove Rob to the pub earlier and the field he cuts across home wad flooded with swans swimming!!

lizandlulu Sun 27-Jan-13 18:25:15

Poor Euan, have you still got some of those powders?

I completely forgot about the injection, is that just a simple injection? No implants or anything like that? I can't stand the thought of having something in my arm that you can feel! I will go to the family planning clinic and enquire. Only problem is its only open on a Wednesday evening, so will have to make app Wednesday evening for the Wednesday after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now