Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

A new place to chat about our beautiful babies growing and playing

(979 Posts)
KLou111 Thu 23-Feb-12 17:56:38

A new place to meet ladies smile

lizandlulu Sat 08-Dec-12 22:00:15

Yes she is. Scared of her own shadow sometimes!!!

Hey just cause she didn't get out of bed till hen doesn't mean I didn't!! I had the other brat in my ear every 2 seconds, 'can we gt up mum, can we, I want to open my advent calendar, can we get up, how long till we can getup '. It's like mental torture!!!!

Oh and had abit of a heartattack last night. In the middle of the night I heard his banging sound, like someone banging on a window or door, both me and Chris shot straight up to see what it was and it was only violet kicking the end of her cot!! Proper freaked me out!!

Yes I am hoping she doesn't wake up in the night. Occasionally, before, of she hadn't had her milk she would wake up in the night wanting it, but she's slept through without it for a few nights, so am hoping she will be ok. Also if she hasn't had a proper sleep in the day, she might wake up at night which is odd, but fingers crossed!

Chris is going racing tomorrow and ith violets chest. I don't want to be spending too much time outside, so I don't know what to do tomorrow. She is a lot better than she was. But still don't want her to get worse.

Iwish Sun 09-Dec-12 19:11:11

Lol @ Violet kicking her cot!! Bet you shat yourself. Things are always louder and scarier in the night.
How did she sleep last night? Joshua woke crying a couple of times then was up at 6:30 sad. His teeth at the side bottom are coming through. Not got the ones at the side of the bottom front 2 yet tho.

lizandlulu Sun 09-Dec-12 20:05:54

She slept through and woke about 8 ish, and she's gone to bed with no bottle tonight. Although not asleep yet.

I don't know if she's got more teethvcomingbthrough, she seems to be chewing her fingers a lot. I can't see where tho. She seems to have a mouthful of teeth now! I was so preoccupied when she was I'll with her chest for what seemed like ages, they all must have come through without me even noticing!! She does have 4 on the bottom front and 4 on the top, plus 2 back ones that I can see. I wonder if the middle ones are coming.

I must say, all of our kids are very cute! From the pics on fb, your Joshua looks like he belongs on the front of a catalogue! He's such a cutie! That pic of him asleep with the reindeer is so sweet!

Iwish Sun 09-Dec-12 20:36:25

Aww thanks liz. I do agree that we have some gorgeous children. I think there would be a fight between Joshua and Euan for Violey haha.

Joshua was in bed at 7:40. He will prob be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow.

Violet is so good with her teeth isn't she. Does she need calpol for it?

Well I'm off work till Xmas eve and I've got soooo much to do. Shopping days and lots of trips to see people.
Are you off over Xmas?

lizandlulu Sun 09-Dec-12 21:03:52

We are only off Christmas day, boxing day and the next day. Work on Christmas eve till about 3 I expect. I don't mind, too much time off and I get bored!!! We are going to mils after work Christmas eve and probably coming back boxing day.

Yes she is fairly good with her teeth. I don't really have to give her calpol for them. She just drools a lot!

Iwish Mon 10-Dec-12 11:59:45

Urgh I feel like I've not slept for a week. Joshua had me up at 12:00, 3:00,4:00, 5:00 and up at 5:55. So tired my patience has gone and he's being so naughty because he's not had enough sleep

Anyone want another child for the day?

Do you get on with your mil?

lizandlulu Mon 10-Dec-12 17:22:36

Oh no!!! Cause of his teeth? Is he crying every time or just awake?

Yes she's not too bad, I think they all have annoying ways but she's not too bad.

Iwish Mon 10-Dec-12 20:22:13

Yeh he's crying every time and doesn't shut up till I go to him. He's being awful to get down at night too. Normally he goes to bed at 7:30 and is asleep with no crying but now he goes to bed at 7:30 and screams for half a hour or more. Shoot me now!

lizandlulu Tue 11-Dec-12 09:23:42

Ah bless him, it won't last long, hopefully x x x

When violets I'll nd I can't put her down all day and al she wants to do it sit on my knee, it fees like I'm going to be stuck like it forever, but then they get batter and get moving again and it all goes back to normal. Hope it's the next day or two for ŷou x x
Oh andi. Ave put violet in nursery on Christmas eve, they are open till 1 and I will go to work in the morning. But the lady who runs it just said, 'oh just to let you know, christmas eve, violets the only one here'! She didn't mind as they have got to be there to ake decorations down anyway, but I feel abit mean being the only person putting their kid in nursery on Christmas eve!!!

Iwish Tue 11-Dec-12 20:09:38

Well he slept through last night and was up at 7:10 but was still tired and when he did go to bed last night he just screamed for about 40 minutes then fell asleep.
i put him to bed at 7:45 tonight and he's still crying unless we are in his room. Am getting really pissed off with it to be honest.

Don't worry about putting her in nursery, if you are working she has to go. I'd put Joshua in if xmas eve was a Wednesday and I was working.

And my car has died. Think it's the battery but I can't be sure

lizandlulu Wed 12-Dec-12 07:39:15

Keep persevering with it, you don't want it to become a habit like I did with lulu. Remember, before I had the baby I had to stay in her room with her holding on to my arm while she went to sleep! Ffs, why ever I didn't sort it out sooner I don't know! But I leart my lesson and would rather let them cry for abit.
Although with Joshua being poorly, it's prob not best to let him cry. Ok if he's better tho!
Have you got the car sorted?
And it's been a week now that she hasn't had any bottles, think I a going to put them in a cupboard now out of the way! Then chuck them to the charity shop in a few weeks time.

Iwish Wed 12-Dec-12 20:41:37

No he's not poorly. I think for memory he did this a few months ago.
I know exactly what you are saying, I really don't want to be holding his hand for years lol. He went down better tonight anyway, 10 minutes of whinging/crying.

The car is ok now. Took it for a couple of long drives so keeping my fingers crossed its ok.

How old was lulu when she stopped having bottles?
My friends LO is 17mo and stopped having bottles completely at 14mo. She sometimes has a banana before bed as supper.
Maybe Violet is going the same way?
How's violets chest?

lizandlulu Wed 12-Dec-12 20:48:15

God lulu was nearly 3!! I had this conversation with mum today, I am so so pleased violet has done it herself really. I am anything for an easy life. But lulu didn't want to give it up. I remember mum saying that lulu was going to be having a bottle when she was at school! But a friend had a baby, and I said, ' right, let's pack all these bottles away and give them to the new baby' which she accepted and didn't really complain.

Violet doesn't really have anything between her tea at 4,30 and going to bed about 6. I did think that of she woke up hungry, then I would try giving her supper, but so far she hasn't needed it. She eats quite alot during the day so that might be enough for her.

Her chest is not too bad, abit rutly but ok.

Glad your cars ok now, just what you don't need before Christmas!

Just put he tree up, I hope violets ok with it in the morning

lizandlulu Fri 14-Dec-12 21:32:31

Well well well! Violet has totally surprised me by not touching the tree hardly! She's had a little poke, but not pulled anything off it.

Iwish Mon 17-Dec-12 18:47:56

Is Violet still doing ok with the tree liz? Joshua was good for a few days but now he keeps pulling baubles off. He pulls them off then gives them too me and says taa lol
Has age been ok with no bottled still too?

klou how are you?? How was your holiday?

All my Christmas shopping is finally done woohoo!! Just need to wrap it all now lol.
Joshua is ok. Been sleeping ok for the last few nights too. Hope it continues.

Iwish Mon 17-Dec-12 20:05:19

Spoke too soon. Sleeping has gone to pot again.

lizandlulu Mon 17-Dec-12 22:10:30

She still doesn't take too much notice of it, I have been brave and put some presents under it. Will have to see what she thinks tomorrow.

I have wrapped a load tonight too, god it takes forever! And I don't even do anything fsncy with ribbon or anything, just wrap in paper.

Yes she still fine with no bottles, thank god! I am so happy she's decided to do it herself, just another ting I don't have to worry about when she's older.

I have bought violet mostly second hand stuff! All stuff I wanted to get her, that people had for sale on Facebook, plus some books from the charity shop! Yes I am tight!!!! But she loves books, it's so adorable they way she picks what she wants, and just sort of plops down on her bum to look at it. I have got some lovely Usborne books for pennies.

Her speech is coming on loads too. She has started to say all sorts, kind of says la loo, for lulu, but tries to copy loads of words. And is obsessed with the horses in the field next door and always says bobbo and points to the window.

How come his sleeps gone to pot?

lizandlulu Mon 17-Dec-12 22:10:57

Cme on klou, we want to hear about your hol

Iwish Tue 18-Dec-12 08:52:15

He just kept waking up screaming again, he sounded frightened tho and would calm down as soon as I went in his room. He woke up a couple of times last night and woke up at 6:45 despite him not getting to sleep till 8:45 last night. He fell asleep on our bed for an hour from 7:30 ish so not long been awake.

We havnt wrapped prezzies yet, need to get a wriggle on tho, think we will do it tonight.

And no you are not tight. If you have seen what she wants cheaper then go for it!

Having my hair cut and coloured today and Joshua is having a cut too. Can't wait, my hair is a mess!

lizandlulu Tue 18-Dec-12 20:25:03

I wonder what's waking him? I have a friend whos little boy has night terrors, but he's 7, I don't know anything about them, or even if babies can get them? Or if he's just having bad dreams? Do babies dream?

Violet has started thrashing about quite slot just lately, we have got used to the sound of her kicking the end of the cotvand don't bolt up thinking its someone trying to get in anymore! But she is getting her legs stuck more! The other night she was crying, but I left her sbit, but she didn't stop and got more worked up, so I went in and her leg was sort of bend backwards through the cot bar and wedged in between the cot and chest of drawers!

How's you hair look? Better?

Iwish Wed 19-Dec-12 19:06:25

I'm not sure what's waking him. I keep thinking teeth but no more have emerged since about July.
I think he did have a form of night terror the other day but it was after a day time nap. He was screaming and was so scared. He just threw himself on the floor screaming and wouldn't even go near me. Although in a way it was almost as if he didn't know I was there, didn't know that I was mummy. It went on for 20 minutes then all of a sudden everything was ok and he was smiling at me and playing. I was scared to death and so upset.

Aww bless her getting her legs stuck between the bars, bet she wasn't at all impressed.

Yeh my hair is so much better, got a few colours put in and had some chopped off. Joshua had his cut too, looks so cute.

lizandlulu Wed 19-Dec-12 19:41:46

You could try starting a thread in the behaviour section? See if other people have had it? Better than googling it.

No sleep at all for the baby today. She nodded off in the car on the way home from town at dinner time, so I woke her to say we having dinner first, then bed, but I put here own after dinner and she had no intention of going to sleep. I missed my hour of relaxing!!!

Iwish Thu 20-Dec-12 20:46:56

How's everyone today?

I havnt looked in the behaviour section yet, might have a nosey.

Joshua went to bed last night at 7:15 and didn't get up till 9:20 this morning!!! Omfg!!

lizandlulu Thu 20-Dec-12 22:00:57

Wow, he must have needed that long sleep!!!!

I have had to go to work today, another day for violet in nursery, tomorrow too. And gotto go to work for 8am!!!L not entirely sure how I m goingto get me nd 2 kids ready, took to nursery nd at work for then, but hey Ho, I will give it a go!

Iwish Sat 22-Dec-12 10:28:47

He slept till 8:30 today. Happy days grin

Did you manage getting both kids ready and get to work for 8?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now