Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

A new place to chat about our beautiful babies growing and playing

(979 Posts)
KLou111 Thu 23-Feb-12 17:56:38

A new place to meet ladies smile

Iwish Wed 29-Feb-12 20:25:25

Awww yeh it was so cute. She was trying to hold his hand lol.

Our usual swimming baths don't have anything like that!! But the one I'm going to go to this time hopefully will have.

I can't believe our boys know where their willys are already!! Just like daddy eh! He grabbed it earlier then had a wee!! Lol

KLou111 Wed 29-Feb-12 21:05:13

Yes, just like daddy!! Rob used to get told off by his nan at about 9 for playing with his. He used to sit crossed legged with his pjs on so they were pulled tight across the crotch area iyswim, and he used to sit playing lmao!!

lizandlulu Wed 29-Feb-12 21:52:43

wooo iwish!!!! yeyyyy for you!!! but i cantsee the dress!! comes up server error or something like that.

klou i bet your 7 ton of gravel doesnt look that much. we had loads and loads on ours, you dont get alot for a ton do you!!

good news our end, all that to do with dad and chris and the police at work has finally ended. they answered bail today and no charges were brought against them. we knew there would be as they hadnt done anything wrong, just the police barking up the wrong tree, but chris has been worried about it, so its a weight off his mind.

have been for a facial, eyebrow/lip/chim waxing and lash tint and curl this evening! was very odd. not sure i would do eyelash curl again, it hasnt made a great deal of difference. but booked in for a massage in 4 weekssmile

oh, and got offered free holiday tonight, benidorm at end of march. mil and fil booked it, but fil is drinking again and spending all day in bed, so mil isnt going to go with him and asked if we want to go while she comes and looks after kids. we cant go, but nice idea. shes going to ask her mate if she wants to go with her. god he is a fucking twat

KLou111 Wed 29-Feb-12 22:32:29

Yeah that's great news Liz re the bail.
Shan't about the hol.

We had 18 ton at our last house and had to use a digger to spread it. No it doesn't look a lot, hit bloodthirsty back breaking when you've got to nice half 50m!!

KLou111 Wed 29-Feb-12 22:33:19

*move

KLou111 Wed 29-Feb-12 22:33:46

*bloody!

lizandlulu Thu 01-Mar-12 07:33:28

i knew what you ment klougrin

iwish whats the dress like? are you having flowers?

Iwish Thu 01-Mar-12 14:58:44

Thanks liz! The dress is strapless and comes below the knee. It's white and has detail in the bust. It's lovely and is only £63!! I was thinking about having 3 roses to symbolise me, nick and Joshua.
Fab about bail!! Bet there are sone happy faces now!!
Oooh massage. I would love one!! How violet?

klou lol at rob when he was younger!! How's Euan today?

Been to get Joshua weighed this morning and he's 14lb 14oz. He's 23w4d.

Iwish Fri 02-Mar-12 17:34:39

Hi everyone!!

How are we all? Weekend is here and in going ring shopping tomorrow grin

KLou111 Fri 02-Mar-12 18:10:07

Evenin smile
Bet you're very excited iwish!! Have fun, and piccy would be good!!

The 3 roses sound a beautiful idea smile
Skinny monkey Joshua!!

Saw a newborn, 2 week old yesterday in a coffee shop we were in, I can't imagine Euan was ever that small!! This baby was 9lb 10 born! Gorgeous little boy. Made me want another now....

Anyways, not sure if you've seen on my fb, but Euan is cutting his first tooth!!! I noticed it when giving him his lunch. It wasn't there yesterday as I check every day, just a tiny slit on his bottom left. Sooooo exciting!! Doesn't seem to be bothering him at the moment, hopefully it stays that way!! Ooooooh my little baby is growing up <3 x x

lizandlulu Fri 02-Mar-12 18:30:38

klou i have seen the pic but cant reallu make it out! is htere just the one? violet still hasnt got any come through! there was a white bud months ago, under her gum, but now its gone!

iwish how lovely! have you got an idea in mind?

its hard to imgine ours were that small isnt it! i stil lthink of violet as being small, but compared to new babies shes huge.

KLou111 Fri 02-Mar-12 19:04:06

It's just one, his bottom left, it's not a great piccy, took a cracking one, but he moved! If you look slightly to the right of the piccy, on the front of his gum, it's a slight different colour smile
He never had any white, which is why I was so shocked when I saw it!

KLou111 Fri 02-Mar-12 19:06:05

Just looked, it looks slightly blue on the pic. Where the shiny bit is on his lip to the right, is directly in front of it x

Iwish Fri 02-Mar-12 19:37:48

I am excited klou. Just makes it a bit more real when we can't actually go looking at stuff smile.
Bless him getting his first tooth! Glad it's not bothering him tho, the last thing he needs is it being sore! I can't see on the pic but I use my phone so I dont know if that's why.
I was sat next to a lady with a newborn at our baby sensory class and i was a little broody lol. And I watched OBEM the other day and I cried as usual and got a bit broody then. Someone give me a virtual slap!

liz I think we are just getting plain ones but we are thinking 18ct white gold. Would like platinum but it's too expensive.
How's violet?

How much do you both this is an ok price for a wedding ring? I'm clueless.

KLou111 Fri 02-Mar-12 20:05:32

Well, we got ours made in Thailand while we were there with family. I designed them, and robs Thai sil's bro was an accountant for one of the jewellery factories out there that makes a lot of stuff for john Lewis, debenhams, and jewellery for some of the big jewellers. Shows the mark up cos we got engagement ring and 2 wedding rings for £300!! They are 18ct 1/2 white, 1/2 yellow. Got to go in the factory too smile
Word of warning, make sure you get solid, not plated, my cousin got plated and ended up taking them back buying platinum as the colour rubbed off!!

I wouldn't really like to say really. My engagement ring is very simple, single diamond. I prob wouldn't like to have spent more than £500 here, and perhaps £200 each on wedding bands? Not sure what you can get for that? I didn't look so you might have to double that for what you want lol.

lizandlulu Fri 02-Mar-12 21:56:53

depends what you are looking for. gold is a really good price at the mo. (good if you are selling, not so good if you are buying! mine is a plain gold band with like a ridge round both sides, i would expect to be able to buy something plain ish for about £80.

do you want matching? i personally would go to an independant jewellers rather than a place like h samuels. you will get better quality gold

violet is ifne thank you, she was perfectly happy at nursery and when i picked her up she had done some painting. i was like 'okkkaaayyyy, shes 7 months!!'grin but she did hold the brush and do a few linessmile

KLou111 Sat 03-Mar-12 13:54:34

Lol painting Liz bless her. She will be wanting to paint at home too smile

How's the ring shopping iwish?

Nothing to report. Euans tooth no different to yesterday. Dug out the toothpaste out the bounty pack. Also got paste and brush from hv at his 16 week appt so found that too smile

Iwish Sat 03-Mar-12 16:08:09

BOUGHT OUR RINGS!!!! Eek!! So excited. They will be ready in 6 weeks. So expensive tho, couldn't find any cheaper ones unless they were only about 1mm!! The ones we have we're £450 for the pair. 18ct white gold and are v v pretty. IM SO DAMN EXCITED!! Haha.

Was her picture pretty that she painted liz lol? Can't believe they paint with them at 7 months, bet it was fun for her tho.

klou we got a little tooth brush for Joshie off the hv too. It's so tiny. I asked the dentist about brushing and he said you don't need to use a proper brush till he has a full set of teeth. Said you can clean with your finger before that.

KLou111 Sat 03-Mar-12 18:23:14

Yey!! So glad you got them!! Bet they're gorge!!

Read you could use a bit if gauze for teeth too smile

Iwish Sun 04-Mar-12 13:07:29

Wish it was before June now lol! Only need to get dress, shoes and bag. We already booked with the registry office tho and our whitnesses have booked the day off work.

Has Euans tooth cone through any more klou? Has it only just poked through or has quite a bit of it come through?

liz melly gruff madkatz how are you?

Joshua has slept crap the last few nights. Friday night he was is bed at 7:30, up at 2:00 for milk then up at 4:00-6:00!! His nappy leaked so he was wet through and I had to change him at 4:00 but then he thought it was time to get up. Was not pleased. Then last night he was in bed at 7:30, up at 10:30 for milk. Awake at 3:00 whinging so I went to him and calmed him. When I was walking out the room he did a massive shit so had to change him then he was up at 5:30 for a feed then back down till 8:30. He did wake crying 5 mins after I put him down from his 5:30 feed.
He needs to stop these middle of the night shits!!

lizandlulu Sun 04-Mar-12 14:59:12

ohh get you iwish 18 ct white gold!

what you all doing today, we have been swimming with one of lulus friends, althoug could have just spetted outside the back door, the rain hasnt let up all day!

well, i went out last night, didnt get home till 1.30, wasnt drunk so dont feel rough. but lack of sleep is doing my head ingrin couldnt get to sleep till 3.30, then the baby coughed and sounded like she was choking, so went to her, then she kept me awake coughing. and finally up at 8.

oh, and you could use a muslin cloth wrapped round your finger to clean their teeth

KLou111 Sun 04-Mar-12 16:55:13

Bet June can't come quick enough for you now iwish I remember when Rob proposed Dec 05, I wanted to get married Sept 07 as our 10 year anniversary. Everyone was like why are you waiting so long, I wish we had done it quicker, as it felt an age waiting!!
Sorry Joshua been, ahem, shitting overnight lol! His body sounds topsy turvy bless him! Hope he settles for you soon.

Hope you had a good night Liz regardless of lack of sleep!! Can't wait for a good night out smile
Great tip with the muslin and teeth smile

Well, been out for a meal this aft, been lovely here, although a little windy and the wind is cold.
Euan had a bit of my yorkie ous and carrots. I'd bought him some biscotti things to keep in my bag, so he had one of those too (he'd already had his lunch, but he has started saying dada in the last couple of days, and once he starts, he doesn't shut up lol.
Was a nice afternoon.

Re his tooth, I just had a look by the window, drying it off with a muslin, and you can see the top coming through but you still can't feel it a it's still low. It's got a teeny tiny flap of skin where it's coming through too. It doesn't look white either, it's practically see through. Can't believe how long it is taking to co me lol!
It's not bothering him either, but he has TOTALLY gone off his milk, which I'm a bit worried about, he will have his bottle in the morning, and maybe 3 or 4 oz throughout the day, so I'm not sure if it's because of his tooth or he's gone off milk. He's fine drinking juice out the sippy cup, so I put milk in that, not interested. He's probably only having max 12oz per day, which when he's meant to have at least 18 is a bit concerning. He will eat anything you give him though.

Iwish Sun 04-Mar-12 19:55:03

Ooh not much sleep liz! You poor thing. It's horrid trying to function of practically no sleep. Does violet enjoy swimming? We had a bit of snow today!! Only for about 15 mins tho.
Good idea about a muslin. They come in handy for all sorts don't they. We have about 15 of them. Need loads because Joshua is sick about 20 times a day!

Strabge about his milk again klou. Could you give him something else high in calcium? And speak to your hv again? Or try a diff formula for a diff taste lol. Bless him saying dada too. Growing up so fast smile

Well today I went to church - walked there in the pissing rain. Then my friend came at 1:30 and left at 4:30 ish. Then just did the usual washing, entertaining Joshua, bath etc. nick was at his mums fitting CCTV.

KLou111 Sun 04-Mar-12 20:48:50

I gave him 2 yoghurts today, one at lunch, aswell as his lunch, and one for tea, aswell as his dinner. Apparently each one us around 3oz equivalent. But they don't have everything that the milk does. Tbh I think he would be quite happy to bin the milk altogether, he's really not interested. I've been trying to mix it in with things, but obviously beef stew wouldn't taste great mixed with milk!!
I'll see how he goes this week, as it may be something to do with his tooth.
And snow?????

Iwish Sun 04-Mar-12 21:01:24

Yeh snow. Crazy isn't it!!
I did think maybe it hurts his gum/teeth but doesn't explain why he will take juice out of the same cup. He might be his usual self taking milk in a few days.

Did you use formula to mix with the baby rice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now