Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March 2010 - Our Terrific Terrible Twos will be big siblings

(336 Posts)

I hope nobody minds, but I went and started a new thread blush.

Sorry, headgirls!

smile

MummyElk Thu 08-Nov-12 23:38:35

p.s. small panic but i haven't said a word on facebook yet so don't ask me too publicly how i am....
i will do tomorrow but it's all too vague.
i know we don't check this board so much any more but you know me and my paranoia/control freakery smile

scooby26 Fri 09-Nov-12 10:09:47

Ooh exiting!

I don't think for a second they will leave you there a month- you are in advanced pregnancy and there should be no problem delivering a baby at 36 weeks- they may keep you there til 37 weeks If not concerned about you but any concern at all and you will be Induced! Won't be long - yay! X

Rindercella Fri 09-Nov-12 11:06:45

Hi Sarah, MumyElf wink and Scooby, thanks for the welcome back.

Mummyelf, good luck. I am sure you will be fine. You're not stressed and you're in the best place. I bet DH is grateful for the king size bed! When I was pregnant with DD1 I was sent to hospital as my bp was through the roof and protein in my urine was high, etc. I was monitored and it returned to normal. I now put it down to the fact I had a huge latte the day before and it gave me a massive migraine <non-medical person here, so actually am clueless whether or not that's the case>. I haven't been able to drink coffee since sad But good luck and your two gorgeous little girls will be so excited to meet their little sibling! Mum's the word on FB, I promise wink

DD2 is an absolute amazing, incredible, fantastic and beautiful little girl. She's funny, smart and so easy. Very few temper tantrums and just absolutely charming. Everyone who meets her falls in love. One of DD1's friends had a bugs & snakes <yuk> party a couple of weeks ago. DD1 and her friends all sat away, scared of the bugs. DD2 was there, hand out wanting to cuddle everything from stick insects, to lizards, to tarantulas. At one point she was 'cuddling' a tarantula and turned round to me saying, look Mummy! I nearly ran a mile!!

We really are doing okay. Mostly. Of course, it's different. And can feel ever so relentless sometimes. But I have some fab family and friends and the girls seem to be really happy.

It's good to be back posting on here smile

BlueyDragon Fri 09-Nov-12 22:38:08

That's not good news, MummyElk, but at least you are in the right place and scooby is right, it might mean you are holding an elklet before too long because I can't believe they'd leave you lying around making the place look untidy for a whole month. I hope you got some sleep.

sarah, Elliott is such a star! A needs to be told to go, he hasn't quite made the connection between needing to go and actually taking himself off yet, but the boy has a bladder like a camel's and he can go for hours without a wee. His nappies are dry overnight, even. So we're getting there. Scooby, there are loads of potty training threads on here and there's a list of signs that they are ready - can't remember them all but I found it really useful with DD to know when she was ready.

I want a girl again though. Boy terrible twos are worse than girls', I've decided. Admittedly now is not a great time to be battling with anyone for me though, and he's soooo cute sometimes too, that may be we'll keep him a bit longer.

Big hugs, Rinders, it's so nice to see you! Erm, I can't help much on the catch up side except that it's quiet round here mostly. There are a couple of new babies around/imminent and a couple of house moves. It's good to hear you've got help and support around - we're here if you ever need to let off steam too.

Marking spot. Various house shennanigans to update on including roof has three leaks, melted transformers in the wiring and other disasters adventures, but just don't have the time to type it all out!

I have posted in diy and property to ask about mother of pearl tiles. Anyone here have experience? I'm lusting but unsure how wise it'll be confused

Arcadie Sat 10-Nov-12 23:55:10

hey there - figured I'd come say hello on here as well as FB.... Melk - legs crossed eh, there's a dear, I'd rather 12th Nov was international Arcadie day and not shared with your DC!!!! wink

MummyElk Mon 12-Nov-12 21:59:29

Girls.... that's rkd's gentle reminder to say (even if you've done it on fbk - unlike me, soz).....HAPPY BIRTHDAY RKD!!!!!!! grin Glad you had a nice day and a decent sandwich - always a good thing....
No Elklet diluting the Rkdianness of the 12th, I promise. I am home for the moment and hoping to get to SAturday at the very least before anything interesting happens. As you all say though, it does mean I'll be cuddling a baby very soon, so that's nice. Can't complain, really.
Glad the various March toddlers are keeping us on our toes, and happy. I do like the 2s - i know they can be a pita but they are generally very funny and entertaining.... and the language is evolving every day. Even if DD2's response to "be a good girl at grandma's today" was "I WON'T say bugger off, or pantsy-pants, or bum-bum"
Me: "no, dear. None of that" hmm

Arcadie Tue 13-Nov-12 19:00:12

Why thank you MELK and thanks to all the FB using ladies who wished me well there. Lots of clothes shopping for me to celebrate the (still wobbly but firmly a) size 14 bod.

And happy birthday to smac if you're still out there.

EarnestDullard Wed 14-Nov-12 15:20:07

Happy belated birthday to Arcadie and Smac, hope you were both spoiled rotten.

Hope you're hanging in there MummyElk and taking it as easy as you can. Looking forward to an announcement of the new Elklet's arrival in the next few weeks. And baby Smac too, not long now!

Rinders lovely to see you smile

We're muddling along here, things are going fine but I'm keeping expectations low, i.e. if we all manage to get dressed and fed all day that's enough for me. My parents have been helping a lot now that they're living nearer, which is great. Eleanor is 6 weeks old today and has been giving us big gummy grins for the past few days, often at 3am nice that one of us is happy at that time of day at least. Feeding is going ok; mixing BFing with expressing seems to be working so I'm sticking with it for the moment. And I breastfed in public for the first time ever yesterday!

Izzy is by turns hilarious and infuriating. Mostly hilarious but she does. Not. Listen! Or do as she's told until the third repetition, by which point my sleep-deprived patience has run out and I often can't help shouting blush She's 90% delightful though, and has an amazing imagination; I'm relieved to see that the recent too-much-CBeebies watching in early/late/ who am I kidding, middle as well pregnancy and new baby haze hasn't broken her brain grin

Arcadie Thu 15-Nov-12 13:58:33

Ditto to everything about Izzy but for Sim.

And grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin for you Mummyelk

Ahem.
Advice please here

simplysarahandco Tue 27-Nov-12 10:46:00

WOW OMG! smile

NorthernNumpty Tue 27-Nov-12 10:54:38

Woohoo!

FlipFantasia Tue 27-Nov-12 14:49:02

Siamese A line is a line! Yay! Congratulations gringrin

Melk so glad to see on FB that your gorgeous little man has regained his birth weight smile

Smac not long for you now!

Big waves to everyone else smile

Omg.

BFP

<faints>

evitas Tue 27-Nov-12 20:45:15

Fantastic news Siamese!! grin

FlipFantasia Tue 27-Nov-12 21:08:17

Siamese gringrin a MASSIVE congratulations! Just in time for a nice sober Christmas gringrin

BlueyDragon Wed 28-Nov-12 06:57:41

Brilliant news, siamese!

How many sticks have you peed on now? grin

scooby26 Wed 28-Nov-12 10:50:15

Yay siamese! Another kitten! Well done your patience has paid off. See u at the 2013 delivery room ;-)

X

Sariska Wed 28-Nov-12 22:23:31

Siamese - woo hoo! Congratulations to you! (So glad I popped onto the thread this evening.....)

Arcadie Fri 30-Nov-12 23:40:58

Wooop wooop Siamese!!! Well done yoU!

EarnestDullard Sun 16-Dec-12 21:40:01

Hello, how's everyone doing? The thread's gone all quiet again after Siamese's fab news grin

Busy trying to get organised for Christmas here. Tree is up, shopping mostly done, and we're going to my parents' for Christmas dinner so that's one less thing to worry about.

Flip, Christmas in New York (well, near NY), I'm very jealous. DH and I went there for Christmas 5 years ago and it was lovely. The big tree and ice rink at Rockefeller Centre, all the window displays in the department stores.

Uh-oh, littlest is grizzling, gotta go. Hope everyone's well x

BlueyDragon Mon 17-Dec-12 03:27:31

We're finding Terrible Twos a bit tough here, but that might be coloured by waiting 13 hours for the out of hours doctor overnight Saturday/Sunday (DD has a chest infection but also a sore neck so I wasn't taking any chances) plus Alex Will Not Nap so is shattered by 5.30 and then, rather than slowing down, seems to get wilder and wilder. Aaaggghhh, it's all different shades of tired clashing. As some wise women said on here once, TTSP, right?

I'm looking forward to Christmas though, they both sort of get it which is lovely. The chocolate advent calendar may have something to do with it blush.

How is everyone else?

Ah, Christmas in NY - you may recall me getting snowed in Christmas 2010!

Well, things are still not finished at the house. The hope plan was that we would move in at the weekend buuuuut apparently that's looking unlikely. Must take a couple of pictures of the bathroom which is very nearly done, though, as I started a kinda photo reportage of turning it from the hideousness it was into something I can bear to go in to...

Even when we move in, still lots to do; things I don't feel comfortable making a decision about until I'm actually living in it.

So Christmas feels in limbo - I mean, I can't put the tree up as it takes me hours and hours to put up (likewise to take down). Those individual branches to give a 'realistic' effect seemed liked such a good idea O_o And many of my baubles are glass so need to be unwrapped/wrapped... all bought pre DS2/3 of course. No tree means it doesnt remotely feel christmassy. Even though if I ask James who is coming soon he'll tell me 'Bubba Christmas' (and upon further enquiry as to what he'll bring him, I get told a burger. Wondering if Mcdonalds is open on chrismas morning... seriously, though, he eats for England. And now that he fairly regularly poops in the pot, I can see he does scarily adult sized poo!)

siamese YAAAAY for your good news!

What kind of a bitch is insomnia for being with me at the moment when I am BEYOND exhausted? Gah.

FlipFantasia Sun 23-Dec-12 15:27:46

Just popping on to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and a wonderful new year grin. Or happy holidays as they say out here in Americaland gringrin

Things are feeling quite jolly with us. We're spending Christmas eve/morning just the 4 of us and then off to the inlaws on Christmas for the rest of the week. Having spent nearly every Christmas dividing our time between Ireland and the US I'm unbelievably happy to not be schlepping about with planes etc this year. Makes for a more relaxed time. I've been making mince pies for the festivities and even managed to buy a tin of Cadbury fingers in the local supermarket!

We're debating whether to bother heading into NYC for Christmas. We were there a couple of years ago and I think the Rockefeller centre is a gateway to hell - so many crowds & tourists! It's officially A Bloody Nightmare with a buggy. But I love Bryant Park, which also has skaters apparently, and I think DS would enjoy seeing window displays so maybe we'll hop on the train between Christmas & New Year and see some seasonal stuff.

Hope all the new babies are well - lots of first Christmases to celebrate. And the pregnant ladies are well too!

Smac if you're lurking, your brand new DD is just divine - you make gorgeous babies! Bet the older girls are delighted with her smile

Melk your DS is also just delicious! The pics on FB are beyond cute smile

Can't believe our Mar 10 babies are turning 3 in 2013! OMG (as the youth say) where is the time going?!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now