14 quotes that prove the nasty party is still just as nasty as ever(205 Posts)
Weve all heard nasty quotes from Tories such as Hang Mandela, The homeless are what you step over when you come out of the opera etc etc which prove just how nasty the nasty party really can be. But those quotes are all pre-Cameron who likes to claim his party has changed.
Well, here are a selection of quotes from Tories from the Cameron era which prove the nasty party is alive and kicking and just as nasty as ever:
1) Neil Burden Tory councillor in Cornwall and lead member for Childrens Services referred to the expense of keeping handicapped children alive and said there were too many disabled children who cost too much.
2) Steve Hilton - senior adviser to David Cameron and Tory strategy director said the government should boost economic growth by abolishing all working mothers maternity leave and rights.
3) Iain Duncan Smith Tory Work and Pensions Secretary quoted the Nazi slogan above the gates of Auschwitz Arbeit Mach Frei (work makes free) when he said about the governments workfare programme that work actually helps free people.
4) Iain Duncan Smith again - this time on how lazy disabled workers are: Is it a kindness to stick people in some factory where they are not doing any work at all? Just making cups of coffee?
5) Philippa Stroud senior Tory strategist and adviser to Iain Duncan Smith said that poverty, sexual abuse and homosexuality are caused by demonic possession. In her book Gods Heart for the Poor she blames the death of a poor girl living in a hostel on the fact she hadnt the will to stick with being a Christian and so God was calling her home.
6) Boris Johnson Tory Mayor of London - on same sex marriage: If gay marriage was OK then I saw no reason in principle why a union should not be consecrated between three men, as well as two men; or indeed three men and a dog.
7) Chris Steward - a Conservative councillor in York said people shouldnt donate food to food banks because poor families cant budget and if they were given food would only have more money to spend on alcohol, cigarettes etc.
8) David Jones Tory MP and Welsh Secretary obviously thinks LGBT people are not safe for bringing up children: I regard marriage as an institution that has developed over many centuries, essentially for the provision of a warm and safe environment for the upbringing of children, which is clearly something that two same-sex partners cant do.
9) Richard Powell - Tory councillor and campaign manager for Tory MP Conor Burns was temporarily suspended as a councillor but then reinstated after he admitted sending racist jokes from his phone which targetted Muslims, Indians, Irish people, Pakistanis and black people.
10) Philip Davies Tory MP for Shipley - thinks disabled people should take a lower rate of pay than the minimum wage to help them get on their first rung of the jobs ladder because that is the real world we live in.
11) Christopher Chope Tory MP for Christchurch regards people like waiters and waitresses as servants. Talking about a visit to a House of Commons restaurant he said: The service was absolutely fantastic because there was three-to-one service three servants for each person sitting down.
12) Peter Chapman a Tory councillor in Dorset complained on Facebook about the terminally slow (and bad) service from the bone idle bitches at Costa Dorchester and said the waitresses: all need a good beating.
13) Bob Blackman Tory MP for Harrow East said he thought the Torys infamous Section 28 law that banned teachers from talking about homosexuality should be brought back: Section 28 was the right rules to have in school so that we should not in any way shape or form promote same-sex relationships
14) David Cameron Tory member for Witney when talking about the bedroom tax, said that Anyone with severely disabled children is exempt from the spare room subsidy. This is particularly nasty because its a downright lie as this article shows:
Hold on a second.
I just googled your first councillor and it appears that he is an independent and not a Tory.
Do you check this stuff or just make it up as you go along?
Of course it's a load of nonsense. OP is a Trot Troll. OP seems to think that she's somehow influencing us by peddling her leftie mind-rot.
you can always recognise a ttosca thread from the title....
It appears the first is a mistake.
I have Googled the others and the seem accurate:
Steve Hilton, David Cameron's enigmatic strategy director, has startled colleagues by proposing the abolition of maternity leave and all consumer rights legislation, as part of an initiative to inject life into Britain's sluggish economy.
'Work helps free people'...
Is it a kindness to stick people in some factory where they are not doing any work at all? Just making cups of coffee?
senior Tory strategist and adviser to Iain Duncan Smith said that poverty, sexual abuse and homosexuality are caused by demonic possession.
Equating Gay marriage to marriage between three men and a dog:
etc, and so forth.
You can Google the remainder to verify.
So yes, bunch of sociopaths and c*nts, the lot of them.
> Of course it's a load of nonsense. OP is a Trot Troll.
The first entry was a mistake. If you can find any other errors, please highlight them.
But, ttosca, many of these posts are taken out of context and have been distorted. Duncan Smith was not making reference to Nazi concentration camps, think he meant that work frees you from dependency on the state and sets you on the path towards taking control of your life.
These quotes appear to have been penned by a progressive on steroids who has purposely plied porkies for political purposes.
Steve Hilton was a guru who apparently walked around in bare feet and was responsible for what was called "blue sky thinking". He doesn't sound like my sort of Tory - I prefer good old Daily Mail thinking. However, there is one plus point that I can see for Steve Hilton. Apparently he was the 'green guru' but said ''I don't believe in it". Now that is my type of Tory!!!!
'Steve Hilton, the Prime Ministers director of strategy and green guru, is the latest person to admit to doubts about climate change.
*Im not sure I believe in it*, he announced at a meeting of the Energy Department, prompting one aide to blurt out: *Did I just hear that correctly?*
Although his lack of certainty on the subject worries me.!!!!!!
Tory Councillor Chris Steward Claims Food Banks Are 'For People Who Can't Budget'
Cabinet minister: Gay couples cannot provide safe environment for children
A Tory yesterday issued a grovelling apology after he was caught texting foul-mouthed racist jokes on his phone.
A Conservative MP has suggested "vulnerable" jobseekers - including disabled people - should be allowed to work for less than the minimum wage.
An MP calls Commons staff 'servants' what a pantomime our parliament is
They all need a good beating: Costa staff under fire from Dorset councillor Peter Chapman
Anti-homosexual Section 28 was right for schools, says Tory MP
FactCheck: Cameron slips up on bedroom tax
Which is, furthermore, an outright LIE.
But some of the quotes are daft, but not all Tories are right. Unfortunately, not all of them read the Daily Mail..
But there are Labour twits too (and statistically they form a higher proportion) who make offensive statements, like the Labour candidate for Eastleigh with his comments about the IRA bomb attack on Thatcher and the cabonet in Brighton and on the Falklands War.
Just because some people are idiots, doesn't mean that th whole party is.
> But, ttosca, many of these posts are taken out of context and have been distorted.
You and everyone else can read the articles and decide for yourselves whether they were taken out of context. They don't appear 'distorted' to me.
> Duncan Smith was not making reference to Nazi concentration camps, think he meant that work frees you from dependency on the state and sets you on the path towards taking control of your life.
Of course he wasn't making reference to Nazi concentration camps. That wasn't the point. The point was that it is was a tasteless remark given history, and also placed in the context of the fact that ATOS is killing disabled people who are deemed 'fit work work' but in fact are not.
> These quotes appear to have been penned by a progressive on steroids who has purposely plied porkies for political purposes.
The vast majority of these quotes are outright nasty and pernicious and indicative of an out-of-date, 19th Century mentality. They don't belong to the 20th Century, let alone the 21st.
You may disagree, as is your right, but I think that having these kinds of people in power is dangerous and harmful to society, and I'm going to do everything I can to let people know the true nature of the people in government.
leftie mind riot I feel a name change coming on!
ttosca I applaud you. The tories, almost every single one of them are total bastards. The opposition politicians are probably no better though!
'the fact that ATOS is killing disabled people who are deemed 'fit work work' but in fact are not'
But if this were true, why isn't Miliband taking them to court or at least reporting them to the police?
I agree that we should know what our representatives say and if they say offensive things, they should be punished, voted out or kicked out. Nothing wrong with that. But I think the Duncan Smith quotes and possibly one or two others have been taken out of context.
I knew this was a ttosca thread before opening it....
Tosca is of course entitled to point out shortcomings but conveniently forgets these people are not in power because of a military coup. It was us, the great unwashed who voted them in.
Moreover, no punishment would be enoguh for Tosca.
She would not be happy until the bones of every right wing were crushed to poweder and flung to the wind-after each and every one was hanged, drawn and quartered.
It is the incoherent rage and foaming that interests me far more then the underlying sentiments.
> But if this were true, why isn't Miliband taking them to court or at least reporting them to the police?
It is true. Milliband isn't taking them to court because they are not an effective oppostion. Disabled people are taking them to court instead.
> It is the incoherent rage and foaming that interests me far more then the underlying sentiments.
My rage is perfectly coherent. ;)
I admire your passion.
Not enough of it around.
Did we ever meet at that Red Wedge concert I attended in the 80s in my misguided youth I wonder?
Miliband's a pillock.
Carers and people with disabilities have no one to fight for the, any more, no real option to vote for.
Labour introduced ATOS
The Coalition parties are sweeping through welfare reform which is killing people and sweeping up Carers and people with disabilities in its hastily hewn path, despite disability/carer benefits having the highest accuracy rate of any benefit. Neither the Conservatives or the Lib Dems will ever clean their hands of the blood that is on them.
UKIP and their congregate communities? Chuck all kids with SN into special school even if they're thriving in mainstream? Um... No thanks.
BNP... Just disgusting, frankly.
ttosca like moondog I support your thoughts.
This government are a load of lying pillocks and so are their supporters
Er no. I don't support Tosca's thoughts!
I diasgree with everything she says.
Do you agree with or support the statements made above by the various Tory party MPs?
Join the discussion
Please login first.