I was making a sock monkey and it went wrong, so so wrong...

(136 Posts)
tabulahrasa Fri 23-Dec-11 19:47:30

I'm not an arty crafty person, so I expected it to be a bit wrong, but this takes it to a whole other level of wrongness.

It's for my 10 yr old nephew's Christmas confused I thought I'd finished it last night (bar the eyes), until I picked it up and looked at it.

Like I said, I'm not good at this stuff, but my nephew had asked me to make it after I'd made one at a class, for his birthday in September - I didn't have time and bless him he never even asked what had happened to it, so I thought, I'll do it for Christmas.

So, um, behold... The worst sock monkey ever blush

ninedragons Sat 07-Jan-12 05:14:24

I want to win it. PLEASE raffle it!

I love the lack of eyes. Evidently generations of nuns were right, playing with yourself WILL make you go blind.

tabulahrasa Sat 07-Jan-12 11:06:16

Rofl, he's got no eyes because once I realised what I'd done I didn't sew them on...

I can't keep him sad

My sister thought he was hilarious too and we decided to show DN him and I'd tell him him I'd make a new one for him - he smiled at it, looked at us giggling away in that are you insane? Way that only children can manage... And said, can you not fix it?

I felt bad for him, so I said yes.

Though actually thinking about it, I might just lie and say it didn't work (blush)

ninedragons Sat 07-Jan-12 11:44:47

You could make quite a little business, selling mutant and obscene soft toys to bored women on the internet.

It could be quite challenging writing a business plan when you went to the bank manager for a loan, though.....

iscream Sat 07-Jan-12 21:09:32

That is the best monkey ever!
Chenille is much softer than wool. Never saw a non grey work sock one before.
Move the tail and sew some trousers on him?

Jackstini Mon 09-Jan-12 21:07:32

Hilarious - bless you Tab.
Didn't think I could laugh any more after this - until I ready Sparkles 'hairy holly cocks' story. Did the teacher not realise??!!

Ranelaghmammy Thu 02-Feb-12 22:03:50

Oh how I laughed, thank you. You clearly have very special skills.

QOD Sun 21-Jul-13 22:06:27

Linked from the funniest moment thread and I think the funniest post ever

IncogKNEEto Sun 21-Jul-13 22:21:45

This has got to be one of the funniest threads I've read on MN (and this is second time round as I remember reading it when it started....did Tabula's DN ever get his 'unique' gift?) grin

Onesleeptillwembley Sun 21-Jul-13 22:36:24

Loving the cock monkey! grin

themidwife Fri 26-Jul-13 08:02:49

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now