Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED: Testers needed for the new Philips PerfectCare Xpress iron (RRP £120)

(226 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:34:16

We're looking for 20 Mumsnetters to try Philips PerfectCare Xpress the World's first pressurised steam iron, with "revolutionary OptimalTEMP technology and compact steam generator, it's built for powerful crease removal and is faster than any other steam iron, as tested by independent institute, DWI, June 2011".

Here's what Philips say about the product: "PerfectCare Xpress has no settings, just one perfect temperature that's safe on all ironable fabrics, even delicates. Iron from jeans to silk, to linen, to cotton, to cashmere...in any order, without having to adjust the temperature, it's 100% scorch proof! Plus with an automatic motion steam sensor inside ironing has never been easier. Compact and convenient for storage it's perfect for ironing small loads, every day"

This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters. Testers will be required to try the iron out over the course of a week and add feedback to a thread on Mumsnet. We'd also like you to add a review to MN reviews to let us know how you get on.

To sign up click here.

All those who are selected to take part and leave the required feedback on Mumsnet will receive the PerfectCare Xpress to keep (RRP £120).

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

EmLH Mon 05-Nov-12 17:28:44

Done. My fingers are firmly crossed on this one. Currently averse to ironing as I never seem to get any results with my nan's old hand-me-down one! Think I have it more for sentimental value than any practical use!

Me please!!! I missed out on the Hoover test and would really really love a new iron as mine is about to give up the ghost. Thanks!!

I would really love the chance to try this one out, anything to make my ironning pile less of a boring mountain has got to be a good one to try out.

bluebump Mon 05-Nov-12 17:53:17

Done!

Oh meeeee with a cherry on top. I love ironing!! Let me try a new gadget purlease!!!

NigellasGuest Mon 05-Nov-12 17:54:57

Would love this! I've been wanting a new iron for absolutely ages..

BrianAndHisBalls Mon 05-Nov-12 17:55:43

done! I'm crap with irons grin

farrowandballs Mon 05-Nov-12 18:04:03

done!

Sounds amazing!! Anything that makes going from item to item without fretting about the setting sounds perfect!! Love you mumsnet for giving us this crosses everything

autumnfrost Mon 05-Nov-12 18:10:44

Done.It sounds brilliant! I love looking in my wardrobe when everything is ironed but at the moment it is a busting at the seams crumpled mess(how come unironed items take up twice the room?)

Done fingers crossed!

Done.
If I'm picked it saves me having to buy DH a Christmas Present grin

Sonofagun Mon 05-Nov-12 18:38:19

Done

fedupofnamechanging Mon 05-Nov-12 18:39:20

Done.

Hope I get chosen - never win anything be just my luck though that the only thing I win in my entire life is an iron. The family will start expecting crinkle free clothes

ilovesprouts Mon 05-Nov-12 18:47:50

ooh done iron is a swear word in my house i dont iron blush

Ulysses Mon 05-Nov-12 19:05:20

I've got a steam generator but its so bulky that I can't be bothered to get it out. Also DH finds it complicated so end up having to set it up for him. There you go 2 testers for the price of 1!

ThePathanKhansWitch Mon 05-Nov-12 19:39:37

done.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Mon 05-Nov-12 19:41:38

Done.

lunar1 Mon 05-Nov-12 19:44:54

Could you add something to my survey. I didn't click the option for sometimes burning delicates, the reason is because they are the one thing I don't iron! Too scared of ruining them, I have a beautifully creased Christmas table cloth just waiting for this iron!

I will happily try a new iron - anything to make me do it would be helpful.

outtolunchagain Mon 05-Nov-12 19:46:26

Done, I am always ironing and I hate it do will give anything a try

orangina Mon 05-Nov-12 19:58:03

Done...

Sarayu Mon 05-Nov-12 20:18:54

Done #desperate

CanonFodder Mon 05-Nov-12 20:19:53

Done

gelo Mon 05-Nov-12 20:26:13

Sounds ideal - I've lost count of the clothes I've ruined by forgetting to turn the iron down - you'd think I'd have learned by experience, but I think my brain switches off when I'm ironing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now