Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Try Amazon Family free for 3 months and give your feedback to be in with a chance of winning a bundle of OXO Tot products

(112 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Oct-12 16:53:12

The folks at Amazon would like Mumsnetters to try Amazon Family on a free trial for 3 months. Those who sign up will receive the following:

- £10 off when you spend £50 in Amazon's Baby Store
- Free one-day delivery on lots of items with Amazon Prime
- At least £50 worth of exclusive offers every month

Here's what Amazon say about Amazon Family: "Amazon Family aims to make life a little easier for parents by saving them both time and money," said Samantha Nash, mother of two young children and Family Manager at Amazon.co.uk Ltd. "Whether it's baby wipes, nappies, a new pram, or the latest must-have toy for Christmas, Amazon.co.uk has millions of great value products ready to be delivered directly to your door. What's more, with tailored deals for Amazon Family members, finding the right product at the right price has never been easier. It's clear that Mumsnetters are good at identifying and sharing ways to enhance family life, and as the Amazon Family programme aims to do just that, we hope Mumsnetters will sign up and start enjoying and sharing the benefits."

We're looking for as many UK Mumsnetters as possible to take part in this - it's open to all with at least one child aged 0-3 years, as well as all those who are pregnant.

The product test will involve signing up to a free trial of Amazon Family for three months and adding your feedback to this thread.

If you'd like to take part, please click here to sign up.

Please note that if you're already a member of Amazon Prime, or have had a free trial of Amazon Prime in the past 13 months, you won't be eligible for the free trial of Amazon Family. See more info on this in Amazon's FAQs on the programme.

You will need to provide your card details so that if you want to continue after the free trial you can (but you can cancel at any time - see below on how to do this). You'll also need to provide some information regarding you and your family so that Amazon can personalise the offers they send you.

If you'd like to unsubscribe from Amazon Family at any time, all you need to do is visit 'My Membership' and click on 'Cancel Membership' to opt out. If you'd like to continue with the Amazon Family package after the free trial period, you'll be charged £49 per year via direct debit. For information on the full package offered after the three month free trial please see here.

Once you've had chance to try the package, please come back to this thread and answer the questions below and add other comments you may have. Everyone who answers the 3 questions below on this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a bundle of 20 products from the OXO Tot range including a Sprout Chair (see terms and conditions here).

~ Have you ever shopped on Amazon.co.uk for baby or child-related products before this trial? If so, what items did you tend to buy?
~ What was your overall opinion of Amazon Family? Was there anything in particular you liked or disliked about it? This could be about the service itself or the products on offer.
~ Did you use any of the exclusive offers? If so, which ones did you find most useful? If you didn't use any of the offers why was this?

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw
MNHQ

~ Have you ever shopped on Amazon.co.uk for baby or child-related products before this trial? If so, what items did you tend to buy?

Yes - I have bought everything from child's clothing to toys to nappy liners

~ What was your overall opinion of Amazon Family? Was there anything in particular you liked or disliked about it? This could be about the service itself or the products on offer.

I like that you can get next day prime delivery! Normally around £6.

~ Did you use any of the exclusive offers? If so, which ones did you find most useful? If you didn't use any of the offers why was this?

I used the 25% of clothing and various other normal offers shown (discounted books) on the Amazon Family page. It was really simple to use. Although i was sceptical at the original cost I think I would continue with my subscription

Coooo-eeeyyyy mnhq

Ive been sent an email from
Amazon reminding me that i havent claimed my 10.00 offer. I checked my order history and i was right i ordered 71.00 worth of baby toys through the baby store link on the amazon family offers. But no discount was applied. Do i need to email amazon through the normal channels to query it? sad

Emmysmum2010 Thu 15-Nov-12 23:03:17

Have you ever shopped on Amazon.co.uk for baby or child-related products before this trial? If so, what items did you tend to buy?

I usually buy all birthday & Xmas pressies via Amazon as its convient to have them delivered. Bigger baby items I've also brought from Amazon such as baby bouncers & changing mats.

~ What was your overall opinion of Amazon Family? Was there anything in particular you liked or disliked about it?This could be about the service itself or the products on offer. ~

It was easy to use and I was impressed with having the personalised offers emailed to me.

Did you use any of the exclusive offers? If so, which ones did you find most useful? If you didn't use any of the offers why was this?

I've not as yet but this is due to a financial issue my end (being on maternity leave) not through not wanting too. The Nappy & nappy bin refils offer will be used often.

asuwere Tue 04-Dec-12 10:01:09

Just received another email from Amazon family and it prompted me to add another comment. It was a competition entry which looked good but when I clicked on the link, I found it was through facebook and I couldn't enter as I don't have a facebook account. It really annoys me when companies do this - not everyone uses facebook and if they are going to do exclusive offers for those that do, they should ask on sign up if you have one and only send the offers to those that qualify.

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Dec-12 15:42:17

TheDoctorsWife46 - I passed your query on to Amazon and here is their responses: "the best bet is to contact our customer services team. The £50 has to be spent in a single order on items sold by Amazon.co.uk (not any of the third-party sellers on our platform) so it's possible the tester either spent her £71 in multiple orders or bought something that wasn't sold by Amazon.co.uk, but if she contacts customer services they'll be able to check her order history to check out what specifically happened in this case."

Hmph. No i spent the lot with them. Cheek of it. Right thank you, off to hammer their door. And thank you for contacting them for me.

Helen,

Please can you come back. I'm getting no-where with them! They keep referring me back to mnhq and then telling me i have discount on fashion and that i havent bought any fashion!!!

I spent 71.00 on toys direct from amazon using prime and received no discount. I'm losing the will to live. If i've lost out faircenough but i really did spend that amount using prime with amazon as the direct seller for about five items. Needless to say my feedback on amazon fanily so far is erm "pretty bloody shite actually". Does mn have anyway of intervening here pretty please?

Panic over, they refunded me after the much wrangling over fashion.

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Dec-12 13:47:01

Phew! Glad to hear all sorted TheDoctorsWife46!

SuiGeneris Wed 05-Dec-12 17:45:38

1) yes, mostly toys but also health stuff (thermometer etc) and muslins.

2) not very impressed. The offers so far have not included anything I want or need. I was not pleased to see that the 10pound discount can only be used on fashion items: I think such an important restriction should have been flagged in advance. I am unlikely to use the voucher.

I do like the one-day delivery service but not enough to pay for it once the free trial is over.

3) as mentioned above, none of the esclusive offers were for anything we need/want/use.

fourmonthstogo Mon 10-Dec-12 21:15:31

I use Amazon a lot, for books and some toys. Also nappy liners, as they seem to be one of the few places that stock the ones I use.

Not much use to me, I will be cancelling. The next day delivery would be good if it came with Royal Mail, but it doesn't it comes with a courier so the one hour delivery slots are a right pain, the depot is too far away to easily collect from. I am not always able to wait in for parcels. I am happy to wait for the standard super saver free delivery - there is nothing I buy that is so urgent I can't wait an extra couple of days.

To be honest the offers weren't that much use to me. It seems more of Amazon baby, than Amazon family. My daughter is nearly two so lots of the offers were for things we've already bought, and we use cloth nappies so the nappy offers are no good to us. I did use the 40% off plum food though, she loves their fruit pouches, but it was a shame that this was linked to a subscribe and save scheme.

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 09-Jan-13 14:12:31

Thanks to all who tried Amazon Family and added their feedback. Here's a quick message from Amazon:

"Thank you to all MNers who participated. Just to let you know that our top offers for January are 20% off Angelcare monitors, 25% off the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Complete Starter Kit and 33% off Brother Max thermometers. We also have an exclusive prize draw where any Family member who buys an Organix product this month will be automatically entered into a draw to win a hamper of Organix products."

I've done the prize draw and am pleased to announce that the winner of the bundle of OXO tots products is...

catbag

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now