WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

Live webchat with Charlie Brooker on Monday 23rd November at 12pm

(423 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Nov-09 10:07:17

Guardian columnist and broadcaster Charlie Brooker will be joining us at Mumsnet for a live webchat next Monday (23rd November) between 12 and 1pm. If you can't join us, post your advance questions to Charlie here.

CaptainNancy Fri 20-Nov-09 11:15:48

Is this such a good idea? You know he's going to be very scathing and rude about us afterwards [sensitive]

CaptainNancy Fri 20-Nov-09 11:16:19

and of course, vice versa

CatIsSleepy Fri 20-Nov-09 11:21:04

oooooh charlie brooker!!!!

DorotheaPlenticlew Fri 20-Nov-09 11:29:01

Have faith, Cap'n. I'm sure he would only be scathing and/or rude if someone deserved it, in which case fair enough. MN can take it.

midnightexpress Fri 20-Nov-09 14:31:30

That's right hassled. Thanks. Ignore all my remarks re marriage Mr Brooker, but you can answer my question if you like.

Why is Jim Shelley a wanker, Hassled (don't read the Mirror)?

Hassled Fri 20-Nov-09 16:03:17

- I'm sure Mr Shelley is a lovely, lovely man. He was only a wanker because he abandoned the Guardian for the Mirror. But then if he hadn't, Charlie wouldn't have got the Screen Burn gig and the world would be a much poorer place.

So in fact I should be thanking him, rather than randomly abusing him on the internet.

Charlie, given that you have written that you hate kids "without exception", hate parents and genuinely believe that children should be seen and not heard "and preferably neither", is doing a Mumsnet webchat a sign that you (a) have lost all your marbles (b) are rather missing all the hate mail you got over that George Bush thing, or (c) just want to tell us about your favourite biscuit?

midnightexpress Fri 20-Nov-09 16:30:50

or (d) have something to plug?

I was rather taking (d) as a given.

midnightexpress Fri 20-Nov-09 17:04:32

Maybe he's going to stand as an MP?

arolf Fri 20-Nov-09 17:35:51

My DP wants to ask Mr Brooker 'Why do women love you so much, given that your whole schtick is whining about the crapness of the world?'

(i think he's just jealous)

Oh, and not a question - but when I was living in america, your columns were the highlight of my week - thank you for keeping me in touch with the scathing british humour I missed so much

dizietsma Fri 20-Nov-09 17:45:00

[swoons]

When's the next series of Newswipe Charlie?

Also, WTF are you thinking? Mumsnet webchat? Talk about out of you element!

[brings popcorn]

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 20-Nov-09 17:54:46

Message withdrawn

MissWooWoo Fri 20-Nov-09 17:58:54

About fucking time we had a real man on here ... you can keep your Gordon's and your David's

BRING ON THE CHARLIE !!!

I bet Mr Brooker can answer more than 1 question every 13.5 minutes. Well, lets hope....

JackBauer Fri 20-Nov-09 18:23:13

Thank you MN! Awesome!

Hmmm, questions...so many

<<goes off to have a cold shower and a long think>>

Tidey Fri 20-Nov-09 18:35:45

Oh..My...God

<spontaneously combusts>

I can't possibly think of a question good enough.

defineme Fri 20-Nov-09 18:46:32

Was Dappy from Ndubz really that stupid?

choosyfloosy Fri 20-Nov-09 18:48:31

This feels extremely incongruous.

Just wanted to say thanks very much for your piece(s?) on the death of Oliver Postgate.

[stays gingerly balanced above the sea of overheated lust boiling below]

JackBauer Fri 20-Nov-09 18:49:54

Oh I know.

It has been discussed here many times how a lot of households have a Zombie Plan. As our house is not easy to secure from Zombies our plan is to all get on the motorbike with the kids in carriers, speed through Zombies down to the marina. Get onto boat and stay out at sea until it is clear or we find a safe haven. (It includes little variants obviously)

Do you have a Zombie plan and what is it?

Firstly I'd like to briefly fawn over you and casually mention that I am currently reading 'Dawn of the Dumb'.

I should ask you something desperately insightful and intelligent but what I really want to know is are you still friends with Aisleyne and would you ever go to Glastonbury again (with or without Aisleyne)?

x

claraquack Fri 20-Nov-09 19:13:20

What does Mr Brooker actually do? I have heard of him but not sure why. Is he on the telly? (Sorry I am a bit out of it as I don't live in the UK at the moment).

ohmeohmy Fri 20-Nov-09 19:17:34

If the leader of the world (Murdoch??) forced you to go on a reality programme (on threat of death of many many puppies if you didn't) which would you grace with your presence?

southeastastra Fri 20-Nov-09 19:18:37

oh fab i love him! he twitters alot. can't think of anything to ask him grin

second the aisleyne question (lame)

are you going to make any more tv shows?

MissAnthrope Fri 20-Nov-09 19:23:12

Lenin - the Moir tightrope line was a RT was it not?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now