MN WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus a follow-up question if appropriate, ie once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't be disappointed if your specific question doesn't get answered and do try not to keep posting "What about me?". 4. Do be civil/polite. See guidelines in full here.

Live webchat with Charlie Brooker on Monday 23rd November at 12pm

(423 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Nov-09 10:07:17

Guardian columnist and broadcaster Charlie Brooker will be joining us at Mumsnet for a live webchat next Monday (23rd November) between 12 and 1pm. If you can't join us, post your advance questions to Charlie here.

PopsyWind Mon 23-Nov-09 18:10:30

Thanks MNHQ, and Charlie for answering my question!!

<goes to print out answer and frame it>

<seriously blush>

MissAnthrope Mon 23-Nov-09 19:28:04

Am I the only one that was slightly disappointed?

It was the use of the word 'too' when he meant 'two' that clinched it for me pedantic bitch that I am

It's like spending a pre-child weekend with someone that you've just met. You were only meant to have a dinner date but have spent the entire fucking weekend together; discussing all the things that you amazingly have in common and exchanging tales. The sex has progressed from vaguely awkward and new to mind blowingly awesome, and as you're sat together having a post-coital cigarette on the Sunday morning, basking in his glow, he casually mentions that he has to leave soon to go lead a pro-BNP rally....

southeastastra Mon 23-Nov-09 19:29:55

grinmissA

TheShriekingHarpy Mon 23-Nov-09 19:59:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

that was brilliant.... never knew about CB before now but im converted. he is a very funny guy..... totally bummed thaat i missed it!

AitchTwoToTangOh Tue 24-Nov-09 10:18:08

i'm just confused by obm's scrunched-up tissues. that's not the way i go coital.

JackBauer Tue 24-Nov-09 10:56:07

They must have been left by the lurking journo's and bloggers...

cheerfulvicky Tue 24-Nov-09 12:10:58

Now THAT'S a webchat. Cannot believe I missed it. Urrgh!

I did slavishly go and buy his book, though. grin
Charlie Brooker is like every MNers hero. He seriously needs to come back and join under a different name: I also think he'd fit right in.
Thanks for dropping by our little hovel corner of the world Charlie!

JackBauer Tue 24-Nov-09 12:28:13

Am asking DH to buy me book for christmas simply because he stayed until nearly half 1, with no mention of the fatc he had got sucked in overrun.

Peachy Tue 24-Nov-09 17:41:53

I skipped this as I didnt think I liked Charlie

Think i've changed my mind (and that was just the DC / tories are evil stuff)

Good webchat

Hobnobfanatic Tue 24-Nov-09 19:16:55

Please, please, please can MN publicise future chats more? I'm on several times a day and I never saw that this was imminent! Gutted!

It's been stickied at the top of Active Conversations since last Thursday. Do you have thread stickies turned off in your options?

Or, alternatively, Charlie said he didn't want to talk to you, so we all kept it a secret... grin

(actually, it may have only been stickied since the weekend, come to think of it. I think it was a normal thread on Thursday)

Hobnobfanatic Wed 25-Nov-09 08:41:11

LOL!
I do the 'last 15 mins' thingey... must look at altering my MN patterns/options.,..

spicemonster Wed 25-Nov-09 18:06:10

OMG - how on earth did I miss this??? Aaaagh angry *shoots self*

blush smile hmm angry sad en

AbricotsSecs Wed 25-Nov-09 19:48:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mollyroger Wed 25-Nov-09 20:39:04

so sad I was at work. I meant to post a question but forgot yesterday. Cnutiflaps.

He ver' funny.

cAN WE HAVE TERRY pRATCHett soon?

thell Thu 26-Nov-09 13:55:14

Excellent

Prunerz Thu 26-Nov-09 21:04:14

Hehehe CB is quote of the week

I seriously do have a huge thing for the man now, it is quite unseemly

Miserabella Thu 26-Nov-09 22:13:18

Nice one mumsnet, I really enjoyed reading that...

elpida Sat 10-Apr-10 14:13:26

Is there anything we can realistically do about the abuse of power by dishonest police officers? The IPC is a sick joke..

southeastastra Sat 10-Apr-10 14:25:20

huh? what's that got to do with charlie brooker?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now