WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

Live chat with India Knight on Monday 2nd July between 9-10pm

(567 Posts)
rachel(mumsnet) Wed 27-Jun-07 09:14:21

Sunday Times columnist India Knight will be joining us here on Monday 2nd July from 9-10pm for a live chat. India has just published her first children's book 'The Baby' which is about a big brother's relationship with his new baby sister - an absolute must for second-time parents. If you can't make the chat you can post your questions in advance here.
Hope to see you here on Monday.

Carmenere Wed 27-Jun-07 09:16:01

Oh good idea, I love India Can we ask her diet questions too?

moondog Wed 27-Jun-07 09:16:37

God,I could think of nothing worse.

Shall be steering clear therefore.

Carmenere Wed 27-Jun-07 09:17:33

If you can't say something nice.............

Marina Wed 27-Jun-07 09:18:05

I'd really like to know how her little dd is getting on, as I don't always remember to catch up on her blog
Oh and tell us your chat name, India, gwan gwan gwan gwan you know you want to

oliveoil Wed 27-Jun-07 09:26:18

I think India Knight is fab, why so mean, what has she done to anyone on here?

Can I have some commission from you, I have linked your book several times iirc...

oliveoil Wed 27-Jun-07 09:26:37

your diet book that is

Enid Wed 27-Jun-07 09:27:20

I remember you from Cambridge. You were very glamorous and wore a big straw hat.

lulumama Wed 27-Jun-07 09:27:39

yay !! she rocks ! I love her novels.......

I will be looking forward to that very much

thanks for arranging that ,MNHQ

<<smarm>>

satine Fri 29-Jun-07 18:48:26

Also a big fan, I'm trying to think of a witty and original question. Hmmm.....

VeniVidiVickiQV Fri 29-Jun-07 18:50:13

coup!

MrsBadger Fri 29-Jun-07 18:55:05

She's my role model in the narrow field of Shopping Guruism...

Aloha Fri 29-Jun-07 18:56:11

I really liked 'The Shops'.

edam Fri 29-Jun-07 18:56:18

She was brilliant over the whole Gina Ford debacle, very supportive. So I'm pleased she's coming on.

AbbyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 29-Jun-07 22:17:01

bump

ProjectIcarus Sat 30-Jun-07 00:33:32

india knight - phenomenal. I saw her on Matthew Wright v briefly and since then I can actually hear her in my head when reading her books. Of which I have three.

Will hopefully be here on Monday.

Aitch Sat 30-Jun-07 00:37:59

i like 'er. although the diet looks like a right pita.

Aitch Sat 30-Jun-07 00:38:52

and o'hagan is good too, even if he has a touch of the student priest about him.

Laredo Sun 01-Jul-07 18:43:54

Dear India.
many thanks for your fantastic diet - have lost over a stone so far and feel great. Only trouble is my darling husband has put on 3/4 of a stone. We sent for Dr Bernsteins as mentioned in pigtotwig but it is very complicated and seems to need medical input. Any ideas for the way forward for him? Do you know anyone who could support us with his way forward - he is insulin dependent for over 25 yrs? I am loathe to cook two different meals but feel I may have to, one with and one without cream etc.... What do you think?
also, should my pee be lime green? (a lot of the time) I feel great!!.....
Many thanks to you for such an easy diet to follow.

FluffyMummy123 Sun 01-Jul-07 18:58:09

Message withdrawn

Mog Sun 01-Jul-07 19:09:01

I like India Knight - often disagree with her ST column but love a good shout at the paper on a Sunday morning
Have a question though - IK has often spoken out against older mothers. What does she think are the differences between older and younger mothers?

littlelapin Sun 01-Jul-07 19:12:49

I love her. There's a great line in one of her books about being full of "go on my son foxiness" - I use that all the time

toomuchtodo Sun 01-Jul-07 19:16:13

I like her too

hope I remember!

India- in your novels you used to use lots of words like 'spaz' and 'retard' as an insult. Do you still feel it's ok to use these words in that way?

geekgirl Mon 02-Jul-07 06:22:01

oooh, good one mmj! I really, really loathed india's books mainly for that reason. Would really love to know how she feels about it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now