Nightmare Incident with Neighbour's Parcel- please sympathise and advise?

(328 Posts)
BitOfFun Tue 23-Mar-10 20:27:32

I am not having any tea now after The Most Recent Incident shockangryenvy<--that one is for sick btw...

Background- dd2 is severely autistic with learning disabilities, and, er, bowel issues. Aged nine.

Was on mumsnet and watching Eggheads (I could take Kevin, if anyone's interested), and could hear dd2 giggling and playing in the hall and landing. Confident that other doors were locked, I left her to it, thinking I'd give her fifteen minutes or so before I bathed her. Eggheads finished, I opened the livingroom door to the most overwhelming stench of SHIT coming from upstairs, and saw dd2 lying at the top of the stairs chewing what looked like a binbag.

I try to pull it out of her mouth, hoping she hasn't swallowed too much, then I look past her and see two enormous (think cowpat) lumps of soft poo on the carpet, a big plastic postal bag which looks like it's been used to wipe the poo up, and a brown leather pouffe I didn't recognise . Which, on closer inspection, is plastered in shit too.

Then I remember that this morning I accepted a large parcel from John Lewis for a neighbour, which I'd left by the front door [heartsink]

I have cleaned it up, but it's probably watermarked or something- I literally had to sluice the stuff off under the shower attachment, and nailbrush faeces out of the tiny grooved swirl pattern embossed into the leather.

Nobody is in next door yet to explain. I have had to throw the packaging out.

On the plus side, dd2 is clearly no longer constipated grin

So, if it is water-marked etc, do I have to pay for it? I didn't sign for it, but parcel man noted where he'd left it, and I don't want to get him in trouble.

TidyBush Sat 27-Mar-10 18:24:44

BOF - have been lurking on this brilliant thread since it started and I'm wondering if there has there been some comeback from your neighbour as my DH has just told me that someone on our local freecycle thingy is looking for a dark brown pouffe - it's you isn't it? grin

BitOfFun Sat 27-Mar-10 19:13:05

Heehee- thankfully not grin. If I never see another brown pouffe in my life it will be too soon!

Pouffe of poo! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now