there has been two people sat in a car outside my house for 83hrs

(964 Posts)

Possibly longer <unobservant>

Its really starting to bother myself and dp.

Should I do something?

SemperUbiSubUbi Wed 14-Mar-12 17:02:33

They clearly live in their car but have been away on holiday. <<nods>>

I would either go and ask them what they are doing or ring the non emergency police number they may be able to ... erm... actually I sont know what they will be able to do. Fuck all probably. <<shrugs>>

Al0uise Wed 14-Mar-12 17:03:55

Leave the wussy bastard.

MIssMarplesSideKick Wed 14-Mar-12 17:05:24

Does the woman look like [ [http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=julia+roberts&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=Xs9gT8-PF9L68QORs5naBw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=690 this]]

MIssMarplesSideKick Wed 14-Mar-12 17:05:59

I'm considering sending over my nosy and outspoken 3 and 4yo? Since the so called man of the house is too chicken --and so am i-- he didn't even get the reg!

No, she um, isn't the most attractive of the female race, it took a flash of norkage for us to realise it wasn't two male friends.

Stratters Wed 14-Mar-12 17:10:03

How bizarre.

You are a paragon of restraint. No way could I have sat and done nothing for 83 hours.

cq Wed 14-Mar-12 17:10:17

Surely you know that vigorous snogging is the ideal way of diverting suspicion when you're on a stake-out and a nosy neighbour walks by?

Doesn't anybody else watch tv?

Clearly there are some serious criminals in your street.

Honeydragon Wed 14-Mar-12 17:13:48

They are making out? Shagging? who is the neighbour talking to them? Can you take photos? Why do I care ?

honey I am NOT taking photos --ill admit I am not tempted to--

I'm popping out at 6pm, ill act like a women with a car far too big for me and reverse an excessive amount to get a closer snoop.

cq totally believable, seriously, s'good job my house is nice and the schools good, this place is like shameless. Full of wrong uns.

jenfraggle Wed 14-Mar-12 17:26:06

Call the police on the 101 number, you won't need a reg, just tell them which road it is on and they will take it from there.

TotemPole Wed 14-Mar-12 17:34:30

Just to be a pedant. Monday morning until now, is less than 72 hours. So they can't have been there for 83 hours, unless they were there before Monday morning. But if they were spotted before Monday morning you would have said.

Probably homeless sad

Pagwatch Wed 14-Mar-12 17:39:09

It's sports relief soon so I think the Dog-a-thon sounds plausible.

Go and ask them if you can sponsor them.

FruitShootsAndHeaves Wed 14-Mar-12 17:44:46

Put a mac on, sling a camera round your neck, grab a map and walk up to the car. Knock on the window and say
"scuse me, could you tell me which way to get to Windsor Castle?"

whilst having a good nose about at them and the dried excretions car.

Sunglasses may be needed too

pagwatch what's a suitable amount? 20p per shag?

totem we'd seen them in it previously on the weekend it became apparent monday they hadn't left and haven't since.

<Boak> at dried anything, the car must reek, the amount of condesation building up is ridiculous!

justalittleinsane Wed 14-Mar-12 17:53:51

Police there may be someone who lives in your street who is genuinely freaked by this

OnlyWantsOne Wed 14-Mar-12 17:54:52

Phone the police 101

BoiledEggandToastSoldiers Wed 14-Mar-12 17:57:38

<<Marks place>>

TotemPole Wed 14-Mar-12 17:59:03

Ah I see.

Newtothisstuff Wed 14-Mar-12 18:02:09

Where do you live ?? If it's near me I'll go and ask haha grin

Pagwatch Wed 14-Mar-12 18:02:49

20p sounds a bit miserly unless they are at it hourly.

Be careful how you phrase the offer. huge potential for misunderstanding.

AwkwardMary Wed 14-Mar-12 18:03:58

have been sitting outside my house

Not has and sat

Sorry. They are obviously illegal immigrants or new to the country who are asking for help from your neighbour (a relative of theirs) and she has refused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now