Why the Friggity Frig <GLARES> didn't anyone, not one of you, think

(754 Posts)
Honeydragon Mon 27-Feb-12 12:22:20

to tell me what a piece of piss Chicken and Sweetcorn soup is to make! It takes 5 minutes and costs fuck all. I have being buying this stuff you know? With ACTUAL money.

One idle google and 10 minutes later dd and I have a pan full for lunch, it's lovely.

It was bad enough finding out about cleaning washing machines, and Veet to unclog hairy plug holes.... and now you failed to tell me this angry

Well you horrible lot, what else have you being holding out on, and keeping from me?????

Mouldy black bits on washing machine drawer ?
The only way I know is to remove the drawer, put under hot tap . Then use fairy liquid and washing up brush scrub it away muttering to yourself about cleaning a piece of equipment that is used to clean clothes then replace the drawer muttering again about how fiddly this stupid bit of plastic is
Simples

But it really WON'T COME OUT (why???)
Although obviously its meant to and I just can't do it???

RalphGnu Mon 27-Feb-12 13:56:30

It should come out tantrums, just give it a firm tug.

If not, try a baby bottle brush and some detergent and then some anti-mould spray?

robino Mon 27-Feb-12 13:58:03

Ralph I think I love you! No more having to go and ask strangers to open a banana because I lack the ability to do it get a knife to chop the stalky end off .

Byeckerslike Mon 27-Feb-12 14:00:12

<ridiculously excited about the banana thing>

GrimmaTheNome Mon 27-Feb-12 14:03:00

tantrums, my drawer has a bit inside that has to be sort of pushed down in order to pull it out. Just guddle around a bit...

robino Mon 27-Feb-12 14:04:18

In fact. Even better. I need never open a banana ever again because the DDs should be able to do this all by themselves. <gives Ralph a Mumsnet Knighthood for services to the banana phobic>

I have bananas. They are destined to be banana cake. I am now impatient for the chance to bake purely because I want to try out banana opening and may end up with several banana cakes as a result

RalphGnu Mon 27-Feb-12 14:04:59

I can't take credit for the banana thing, I learnt it on Mumsnet (obvs).

I did a maintenance wash on Sunday and the kitchen stank to high heaven of skanky old washing powder; the clothes smell much nicer when dry now though.

I heart Mumsnet.

iseenodust Mon 27-Feb-12 14:05:02

In Horton Hears a Hoo the monkeys open 2 bananas at a time by putting one under each armpit and squeezing <wanders off again to sing I want to be like you>

PippiL Mon 27-Feb-12 14:05:23

Off to eat a banana.

The dossil thingy won't work on my shower cos my, er, hole is too big.

I have a posh hole.

ViviPru Mon 27-Feb-12 14:05:28

<ahem>

Pardon me?

Fridge?

<ahem>

sad I'm doomed to have warm cider aren't I sad

RalphGnu Mon 27-Feb-12 14:07:18

ViviPru, hot water and lemon juice?

ViviPru Mon 27-Feb-12 14:08:10

Thanks Ralph - not tried that one. Will give it a go. Any other takers?

vivi - if it is a booze ancillary fridge, so that everything going in there is in bottles sealed containers, does it matter? I used to let DH keep stinky cheese in the booze ancillary fridge on that basis.

Ha ha I've got it out!!! (the drawer!)
May not be able to get it back in tho......
But at least it will be clean smile
Vivipru I wish I could help but I have a moldy washing machine drawer that a 5 year old could prob. get out but I couldn't without help from mn, I have no advice for anyone (hangs head in shame) sad

Tantrums,
My detergent drawer has a sort of dimple , on the bit in between the sections where the detergent and softener go . Just press that down , and it comes out easily . When I remember how to do it .

RalphGnu Mon 27-Feb-12 14:10:40

Loving the thought of a booze ancillary fridge. grin

GentleOtter Mon 27-Feb-12 14:10:44

Kevin McCloud <namedrop> showed us how to make a banana penguin.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 27-Feb-12 14:12:02

Tantrums, it will almost certainly pretend that it can't go back in but be firm with it.

share, please, GentleOtter....

iseenodust Mon 27-Feb-12 14:13:02

PENGUIN, PENGUIN, PENGUIN

RalphGnu Mon 27-Feb-12 14:14:22

A banana penguin???

Tell me more.

<sidles up to GentleOtter>

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 27-Feb-12 14:15:20

dishwasher for the shelves vivi ? lemon half left in there? fairy power cleaner spray? wd40 grin sounds like you have tried already though, it wont infect your cider though use it as it is.

<Desperately waiting for online shopping to arrive so I can try out the Mumsnet Banana Method>.
Seriously though, You just squeeze the bottom and it opens? Where does it open, at the top?

excitable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now