Baby Born Doll Not Pooing - Really Frustrating

(65 Posts)
HadMyTwo Tue 26-Oct-10 11:17:37

Ok, here goes. Bought a Zapf Baby born doll for my two year old. Fed her the starchy porridge thingy that comes with the doll and now me and my husband have tried everything in the instructions (and a bit more) and she won't do a poo on her potty. I know it's not the end of the world smile but it is making me frustrated and I suspect the doll will get all mouldy inside if not cleaned up (which again requires you to put water in her and then make her do a poo). Raising my kids was probably easier than this. Any help from similarly frustrated MNers would be welcome.

crashdoll Mon 01-Apr-13 17:41:48

I had a baby born doll when I was 4, back in 1992. I took it school for 'show and tell' or whatever it was called in those days. It crapped all over the teacher's desk. I'll never forget that as long as live. grin

NeopreneMermaid Wed 20-Feb-13 23:22:18

*This is. Gah. Autocorrect.

NeopreneMermaid Wed 20-Feb-13 23:21:50

Things what happens when you don't use elimination communication from 5 days old.

aladdinsane Fri 25-Jan-13 22:58:18

I broke the leg of dd's trying to make it poo
Don't tell ss

MeanAndMeaslyMiddleAges Fri 25-Jan-13 22:52:56

How has nobody mentioned Brown sugar in water yet? No wonder the poor thing's backed up!

Geekster Fri 11-Jan-13 19:19:57

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time I have got tears of laughter pouring down my face.

Midge25 Sun 27-Mar-11 19:55:23

<creased> grin

morfamawddach Sun 27-Mar-11 19:47:29

shock at Poo goes home to Pooland, spiderlight

morfamawddach Sun 27-Mar-11 19:36:41

I had to leave my DD's BB on its potty for five hours to make sure everything had drained out!!!!!!! Then 'lost' the remaining sachets. wink

spiderlight Sun 06-Feb-11 19:59:34

Have you tried reading it Poo Goes Home to Pooland?

AnyFuleKno Wed 27-Oct-10 00:30:54

take the doll to a wedding or some other elegant affair. The wretched thing is guaranteed to do a huge dump as soon as it is dressed in it's best clothing.

Failing that, some 'nappy off' time on mummy's bed (with white bedding) has proven to be most effective laxative in this house

<covers ears and eyes to prevent knowing about a pooing doll shock >

Let's be clear on this. Dolls are meant to be make-believe play. This all feels far too real for comfort.

Please go away and take your faulty defecator doll with you hmm

grin

LadyLatherOfIndecision Tue 26-Oct-10 23:47:48

Don't be surprised that the poo comes out the same colour as it went in

For some reason I assumed some kind of alchemy was going to occur and the poo would be brown and log-like

I was strangely disappointed to have to clean beigey gruel from the bottom

hmm

BistoBear Tue 26-Oct-10 23:30:08

I can't decide what's funnier between "Movidoll" and "I cant wait to meet my litter" - both comments made me snort grin

How do I nominate this one for 'mumsnet classics'?

HabbiBOOOO Tue 26-Oct-10 22:28:39

How old is she? I suspect early weaning may be your problem. have you not read the WHO guidelines?

Grumpla Tue 26-Oct-10 22:24:28

MOVIDOLL!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

DiggeryGravey you are a genius. That or I've had one too many glasses of wine. Maybe both.

ZENZIZENZIZENZIC Tue 26-Oct-10 16:59:24

grin

Bloodberrybatbait Tue 26-Oct-10 16:00:57

I have found a glycerine suppository great in these situations but you have about 20seconds from insertion to hand her to someone else so she won't poo on you.

Otherwise a syringe of hot water squirted rapidly into her mouth (syringe spout on the 5ml syringe is about the right size) may help dilute any blockage and let it run out. Also just how high have you bent her legs? they need to be up past 90 degrees to her body.

Why? Why would anyone by a doll that poos? This is my worst nightmare and i know that one day my mum is going to buy one for dd.

EvilAllenPoe Tue 26-Oct-10 15:54:23

really, i had my doll pooing on the potty when it was only two seconds old and still in the wrapping.

>blanks out weeks of doll smearing poo on walls<

all you have to do is jam her full of orange juice and then be very firm about not putting her back in the nappy. Ignore any tears on this front - it's just manipulation.

it ma take time so show her cbeebies read her an age-appropriate story to distract her

once she has peformed, reward her heavily with chocolate. if she misses the potty, say a calm 'oh dear, next time in the potty' and clean up without fuss.

ENormaSnob Tue 26-Oct-10 15:47:45

The poor thing.

Try prune juice and simple analgesia for the cramps.

If no movement then see your gp.

LotteryWinnersOnAcid Tue 26-Oct-10 15:44:08

Yeah, DP is a werewolf, the closest I can get to a real human baby is a baby born doll blush

But can't wait to meet my litter! grin

thanksamillion Tue 26-Oct-10 15:43:44

How about bicarb of soda followed by a vinegar chaser? It works on the sink and you could combine it with a lesson on the symptoms of rabies!

HadMyTwo Tue 26-Oct-10 15:15:22

Taking note of all the advice grin. Actually I have just dressed it up and handed it back to my daughter. She thought I was taking over playing with her dolly. Had actually shaken it, poked something up the bum hole blush already. No luck, so am forgetting about it until it starts stinking or the school holidays are over (so I have more me time to devote to doll play).

To answer one question, yes, it is not the most beautiful doll I have seen smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now