D'y ever wonder when it is going to stop snowing??

(1000 Posts)
Chopstheduck Mon 21-Jan-13 07:32:23

Morning girls xx

School is on thank goodness, but not til 10, and dh is wfh <sigh>

MamaBlue4 Mon 08-Apr-13 10:16:35

Morning girls!

I would just like to wish my beautiful baby girl, a happy 2nd birthday. I love you. Oh, how times fly.

Today is a busy day, gotta go. Bye smile

bubby64 Mon 08-Apr-13 11:54:31

Happy 2nd Birthday mamas bubba!!
Meant to be looking after friends kids today, got up early as they were meant to be here for 8 but they didn't arrive, rang her and she said "oh, I meant to ring you yesterday, they are going to their friends today, but can you have them tomorrow? " TBH, very pissed off with her, but she is having tne boys for a sleepover Saturday so we can go to SiL birthday bash yes, we decided to go, as boys happy to do sleepover instead so can't do too much about itsad
Must admit, w
I am looking forward to the party, as my cousins are coming down for it, and I haven't seen them for a couple of years.grin

MamaBlue4 Mon 08-Apr-13 19:09:08

Party was a success and she loved her garden present and surprise present from Grandpa (Dora The Explorer quad ride on) - she's still outside playing on it, and since it was her birthday we're letting her go to bed when ds1 does at 7.30.

I'm exhausted, who knew entertaining kids and family members was tiring. DH went to bed when the dts did, so I have a tired, excited toddler and a "it's not fair" 4 year old to bath and put to bed. I need coffee and sleep!

Morning girls xx

triplets Tue 09-Apr-13 07:57:44

Morning girls..........its raining! Was hoping to finish painting my shed today. Got hairdressers this morning and dentist this afternoon, kids still home until next Mon.............life is soooo exciting! Shabs.....his wine grin sshh!!

Sokmonsta Tue 09-Apr-13 08:07:20

Morning ladies.

It's a dull day here trips too. Hoping the fog lifts to a sunny day. Wanting to get the lawn mowed before it gets wet again. It's like a jungle!

Emily has a friend over this morning so that's her entertained for a few hours and my hs volunteer will be coming too so she can play with the twins while I play with James. I am hoping we can get to the park. I'm quite sad but starting to realise I don't need my volunteer as much now. She's been a part of our family since the twins were about 12 weeks old and they're now a year. I'm going to wait until may half term if I can as that will give me time to get the loft stuff sorted and then suggest they find a new family for her hmm there must be families desperate for someone <tries to convince self>

Sokmonsta Tue 09-Apr-13 08:09:21

Mama - glad dd had a lovely second birthday and that the weather was nice enough for her to play on her present. Hope bedtime wasn't too traumatic for you <memories of putting overtired toddler to bed. No wait! I still do that!>

rustybusty Tue 09-Apr-13 08:10:37

We have not had one day of snow yet since 2011. We had a couple of teeny ten minute flutters over the course of winter, and we never ever get settled ice on the floor. Its weird because I used to live in a different place, and forgot you get ice in the morning came rushing straight out and I was on my back.

rubyrubyruby Tue 09-Apr-13 08:15:16

Glad the birthday went well Mama.

Soks - can you ask your HS lady what the situation is as the children get older?

It's been do lovely to see the sun. I've been clearing garage/shed/store/playhouse of toot. It's a horrid job but long overdue. We are hoping to move soon so I'm furiously decluttering.

I'm enjoying the holidays smile

'wine' Trips? - dont know what you mean <<snigger>> grin

MamaBlue4 Tue 09-Apr-13 09:07:00

Morning everyone. The skies look clear so hoping it warms up later, so I can take dd to the park.

I still have the dinning room to clean and smash cake to clean off the floor, I swear I even saw cake on the ceiling... how?! DH is still in bed hoping he gets better soon! I don't know how single mum's do it!

ruby & soks I did, she loved it. Bed time was a nightmare, literally cried herself to see in my arms, her face was red and ds1 refused to lay down. Thank god it's over.

Ds1 is back at school and not a day too soon haha.

rusty Jealous haha. I used to live in Germany and it was so nice to wake up to frost and snow. Cannot wait to go back smile

bubby64 Tue 09-Apr-13 10:13:45

Morning All , Mama - glad the party went well, sad putting overtired toddler to bed.
Ruby - The clutter in this house would take me a year to clear, I'm a terrible hoarder!
Hi Trips, Shabs and Soks wink
My 2 don't go back until next Tuesdayconfused I have my friends 2 over today, and also Thursday and Friday.
Been invited to a girls night out tonight, i am still very friendly with the mums of the boys primary classmates, even though we dont meet at the gates anymore, some of us still meet up on a Friday for coffee, and yet more of us still get together occasionally for a night out. Most of us have known each other since nursery/mother and toddler days. The kids may not be as close since they seperated at High School, but us mums stuck together!

MamaBlue4 Tue 09-Apr-13 15:54:52

What I wouldn't give for a night out, I haven't seen the inside of a nightclub since I was 2 months pregnant with the boys. However we have my best friend's wedding coming up and I'm chief bridesmaid, so I get to organised the hen party (unable to drink though <sigh>). Fun!

dd is now napping for the first time in ages, I suspect still tired from the party and today's outing and so are the dts so I have actually free time to myself. What to do...

ruby Do want to clean our garage? We only just manage to get the cars in haha.

rubyrubyruby Tue 09-Apr-13 17:23:31

Mama - you mean garages are meant for putting cars in? hmm

grin

MamaBlue4 Tue 09-Apr-13 19:58:05

ruby - Well, that's what dh tells me, I thought it was supposed to be for old baby stuff... :D

triplets Tue 09-Apr-13 23:29:11

Cars............that means you have more than one.............well we have bikes grin
Well.....went to the dentit and he took another xray, not good news. Antibiotics not cleared up the problem so am to be referred to Canterbury Hospital for a second apecectomy............nooooooooo!
Welcome Rusty.........2 newbies in a week, but where`s the cake??

triplets Tue 09-Apr-13 23:43:04

dentit??

MamaBlue4 Wed 10-Apr-13 01:10:51

trips That procedure doesn't sound very pleasant! Hope it works a second time!

Yup, 2 cars though one is dh's comp car and we have DH's pride and joy a Honda CBR250. Yet the garage is full of old baby stuff, stuff we bought for ds1 and never used lol

triplets Wed 10-Apr-13 08:16:52

Morning all...........every time I woke up I was worrying about the dentist.....totally pathetic when I think what dh has gone through with all his treatment. He got his latest blood reult y/day to check his CEA level for the cancer it was 2.2 which is brilliant, if it is over 5 it is a clear indication that the disease is active again. Kids want to go to Canterbury today, trouble is 2 of them have no moneywhich usually means its going to cost me a fortune!

Chopstheduck Wed 10-Apr-13 08:35:54

aww trips, hope they get it sorted this time.

I've been busy with dh being off, out and about with the kids. I've rather enjoyed it, we've had a few good days out, couple of shows, it's been like being on holiday but without the stress of trying to get everyone ready and picnics packed in a tiny caravan!

DH starts his new job today.

Mamablue, you sound so all together with it all! I had the same as you, dts when dd was 4, ds1 was 2 - I could barely string a sentence together for at least a year! I am in awe!

Kids go back on Mon, looking forward to a bit of peace and quiet!

Chopstheduck Wed 10-Apr-13 08:36:12

shabs - how is your dad?

Morning girls x

rubyrubyruby Wed 10-Apr-13 08:47:10

I was wondering where you were Chops. Hope DH enjoys his new job.

Sympathy about the tooth Trips. You don't want to know what I've been through in the teeth department recently sad that's why I've not been here much.

We have 2 cars too - one if them a company car that doesn't take all the family

Shabs - I hope your Dad is managing the pain xx

MamaBlue4 Wed 10-Apr-13 15:09:27

trips That's good news about dh smile And you know they want something when they turn to you and go, "mum..." luckily mine are young enough to bribe with rainbow drops! Haha.

chops I sound together but I'm really not! I'm like a swan, I glide on top but underneath I'm paddling like mad. I'm exhausted most days, and being pregnant while still having babies, is no fun! haha.

This thread is not accepting new messages.