When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Christmas Meet Up for all the Gin Hags (and Wine Witches and Vodka Vixens)

(972 Posts)
HepsibarCrinkletoes Fri 27-Sep-13 12:51:10

Righto, we're at that time of the year again where a Christmas Piss Up in London Town is needed. I propose a date a few weeks before so as many as possible can join in - how about Saturday 23rd November.

This has only been mooted last night, so I've not even got a venue as yet, but I have some ideas. I will, of course and usual, try to make it an easily get-to-able-near-a-traveldodgy place so that those that come into London can take advantage of cheapy rooms in advance.

So...please can y'all start putting names down so I have an idea of numbers initially and I'll get cracking with a venue in the next week or so. Further down the line I'll put the usual FB Group together (for those who are both on FB and happy to join) - I won't be posting the venue on MN as I'd prefer the hairy of hand not to know. Those not on FB I'll chat via PM near the time.

Doinmummy Sat 12-Oct-13 19:01:16

Hi am I too late to come? I've not been to one before and I'd love to meet fellow mnetters.

HepsibubbleCauldronToad Fri 11-Oct-13 20:17:09

Tart. grin

HepsibubbleCauldronToad Fri 11-Oct-13 20:16:35

<wanders into thread>

<hands round wine and cake>

<randomly snogs a few people>

<rides off again on Boris bike>

HepsibubbleCauldronToad Fri 11-Oct-13 20:04:06

There's a healthy throng coming up from that sort of way for sure. I'll PM you the FB link, you should be able to request to join. grin

Helenagrace Fri 11-Oct-13 19:56:55

Please miss can I join in?

I want to meet gin hags!

Is there anyone else travelling up from West Sussex (Littlehampton line)?

HepsibubbleCauldronToad Fri 11-Oct-13 19:47:15

Hungry - have you found the FB group. Let me know and if not then I'll PM you a link and you can ask to join.

Portofino Fri 11-Oct-13 17:46:55

PMed the details White Peacock.

HungryGeorge Fri 11-Oct-13 15:40:57

oh and my initials are RW

HungryGeorge Fri 11-Oct-13 15:40:32

bastards! I mentioned very early in the thread that I wanted to come and no one put me on the list <stamps foot and wails loudly>

What do I have to do? meanwhile I shall go and join the fb group

I figured out paypal all on my own. I am extremely proud grin

prettybird a Scot by adoption grin

My DH and his father and their whole family are kind of Scots by hereditary osmosis...
- Scottish family name
- wear the family tartan kilt with the Bonnie Prince Charlie jacket at any and all formal occasions, including our wedding
- we got piped in to dinner by a bagpiper at our wedding too. I felt like a haggis.
- the name of the county in Ontario where my PILs live is really and truly called Glengarry
- Every summer they hold the Maxville Highland Games, which is meant to be the biggest highland games in the world outside of Scotland

grin

Can someone please PM me the paypal deets?

I am at work and can't bloody access bloody FB.

I'm the one who had it turned off too!!

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 11-Oct-13 00:56:12

Have PMed you Peacock smile

WhitePeacock Thu 10-Oct-13 23:50:29

Oh my word! I have been hard at work preparing this evening (shockingly on the wine not the gin - I'm working towards the booze triathlon) and now want to do a little sentimental weep. I will be there with my hair in a braid and a rosy red nose! Please can I have a PM so I know where to come?

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 10-Oct-13 23:17:11

Peacock and paperbum - you are most welcome - and if you were thinking of staying then pretty bird needs someone to share a room with

Ps peacock you may drink gin with me smile

PaperPomPom Thu 10-Oct-13 22:29:20

Ok. It's made it into my diary under "meet gin hags". Could someone please PM me details like times so I can work out if it's worth me trying to make it home or I'd be much better off touting for unfamiliar company in a dodgy?

I'm very excited! <losing any cool I may have had here>

EstoyAqui Thu 10-Oct-13 21:27:38

WhitePeacock you had better bloody come. Who else will I share my wine with if you are not there? Also, I need some new reading recommendations. wink

BellaVita Thu 10-Oct-13 19:07:27

Peeaaaaaaacock, do come my lovely.

MABS Thu 10-Oct-13 17:07:25

a brilliant description married smile

Hi WhitePeacock! <waves>

You should definitely come. We need someone to make sure Heps and Pistey don't neck all the gin grin

Seriously, you should come, it's great fun.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Thu 10-Oct-13 09:02:36

WhitePeacock everyone is very welcome, and you will need the practise!

married I know where you mean now, I never went there, I was out of the UK from '76 for 5 years. You're right, Al Forno shut a few years ago, but sister restaurant Al Duomo is good if not as cute as the original. It has in fact hosted a recent MN meet-up.
Forfars on the corner opposite English's Oyster Bar (still there) is gone sad

marriedinwhiteisback Thu 10-Oct-13 07:42:46

78 BBB sad and old. Now, if you walk along the seafront towards the Marina you will come to 7-10 Marine Parade. Set back a bit with some bushes at the front and parking spaces I seem to recall. Face that and you will see a road to your left and a pub on the corner (if it is still there). With your back to the sea, walk up that road (not far from the hospital) and when you get to the junction the Bombay Club was on the left - just a door set into the wall with a sign above. The road at the junction leads into the main Kemp Town shopping street if you turn left but probably a good five minute walk and there was a bit of a dog leg in it I think. There was a little tea shop on the left hand side where they used to bake the most delicious home-made cakes - really special before there was a coffee shop on every corner. I bet Forfars in the Lanes has gone; and Al Fornos.

Wonders if I can download a street map and find out the name of the road it was on - can't even clearly remember the pub. Feels a trip down memory lane coming on. Haven't been to Brighton since August bank holiday 1997 - and that was more Hove!

catinboots Thu 10-Oct-13 07:25:02

Don't be daft whitepeacock!

All are welcome. Especially gin drinkers grin

WhitePeacock Thu 10-Oct-13 06:54:44

Will take that as a "no" sad

<goes away to practise more solo gin drinking>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now