When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Meet in the middle at the schultuete shop!

(962 Posts)
PiratesKnittingTreasure Mon 20-Aug-12 20:13:31

Here we are smile.

disguisedeb Mon 26-Nov-12 23:25:45

boo hoo, I've been outcast, I have killed the thread

Gigondas Tue 27-Nov-12 06:13:00

grin it's cos of your stealth boasting wink.

Been too tired as mini gig teething/cold has led to some disturbed nights . Big gig also being very challenging- answering back , tears about nothing, whinging. I think it's age/school (friend has same issue with her kid) but it is very wearing being strict . Not doing this on everything but the cheek/lashing out and messing around with food can't be ignored.

looks like my mil seems to be accepting that she can comes for Xmas but needs to stay( which means at the minute doesn't want to come)- let's hope bil doesn't stir it up ( this is childless/slightly dopey bil who has no concept that doing hours of driving on Xmas day is not really great ESP when you have small kids).

going to sort out my Xmas cooking Today inspired by Christmascountdown. I saw physio yesterday and basically I need intense and apparently painful (!) physio to stretch and strengthen my leg. I don't mind if this helps things (which it should).

ChristmasCountdown Tue 27-Nov-12 12:18:55

Aw, that's lovely Deb! Well done Ethan. No nativity at DS's nursery this year sad

Sorry to hear about challenges with Big Gig, Gig. Completely agree that you need to be consistent in dealing with things that are 'dealbreakers' e.g. answering back. I'm sure it's an age thing - similar issues here, but we seem to have moved on a bit from it. We're constantly getting 'but, Mummy...' whenever he's asked to do something now. I feel like I sound like my mum 'but nothing,...' grin

Glad I've inspired some Christmas cooking! I have been very busy filling my freezer. Meals, soup, mince pies and biscuits all done! Lots more to do though - I'm trying to do as much as possible to maximise relaxing time over Christmas.

How is everyone else?

disguisedeb Wed 28-Nov-12 23:00:45

I've spotted some writing on FB again !!

Gigondas Thu 29-Nov-12 07:10:53

I know! Shall I take a photo of sulking big gig and put that on fb to redress the balance?

ChristmasCountdown Thu 29-Nov-12 07:16:37

Someone proclaiming their child's genius status again? grin

Gigondas Thu 29-Nov-12 07:58:44

How did you guess? No genius here- just spent 20 minutes nagging cajoling big gig to get dressed.

ChristmasCountdown Thu 29-Nov-12 18:51:52

No genius here either, but a very sensitive boy. When asked if he wanted to help his teacher find out who had taken his shoes by mistake, DS thought they might be embarrassed if he was there so suggested it would be better for the teacher to do it grin

ChristmasCountdown Fri 30-Nov-12 12:53:15

grin

disguisedeb Fri 30-Nov-12 17:01:54

smile

Gigondas Fri 30-Nov-12 17:21:32

?? You marking your place?

ChristmasCountdown Sat 01-Dec-12 11:07:21

Are you on a MN app Gig? I posted a Scottish smiley (on account of being my nation's representative here) which aren't showing up on apps. I can't see anything on my post or Deb's from the iPhone app, so I'm guessing Deb might have posted a Scottish smiley too.

Gigondas Sat 01-Dec-12 12:01:59

Yes I am which explains why I can't see it. Also the wine emoticon looks like a Martini glass.

Pass the brew- mini up until past 1am today. Dh cross as dented car (was tired , mini screaming Etc) and we are off to The pottery cafe later hmm.

KnittingChristmas Sat 01-Dec-12 19:54:54

Hi all, Happy St Andrews Day for yesterday Christmas grin!

Deb, you must be v proud of E grin.

Hello to everyone else - house a tip so off to do massive tidy!

ChristmasCountdown Sun 02-Dec-12 17:22:16

'tis the season to be jolly tea-la-la-la grin (<- there's a Christmas smiley there for anyone on their phone/ipad).

ChristmasCountdown Sun 02-Dec-12 17:22:47

Oh, and that should say 'tra-la' not tea!

KnittingChristmas Mon 03-Dec-12 08:24:44

I can see Xmas smiley on my iPhone grin

Gigondas Mon 03-Dec-12 08:28:49

I can't sad- also have to look really carefully at what the faces are doing as can look quite similar.

We saw Santa this weekend- mini gig not impressed as she prefers reindeer.

ChristmasCountdown Mon 03-Dec-12 12:56:21

I can't - are you on mobile site or an app Knitting?

Have just collected Christmas tree grin

KnittingChristmas Mon 03-Dec-12 14:40:46

How strange - think I'm on mobile site, not app, but then it could be either given my level of techy know how! grin

Our Christmas tree went up on Friday grin, first time ever in November blush.

Just been in to help in DS1's classroom - now I know who all the naughty children are wink.

ChristmasCountdown Mon 03-Dec-12 20:08:12

I can't believe someone else beat me to getting my tree up grin Delighted to have ours up now.

You must be on the mobile site Knitting - they've updated the apps and there are loads of problems with them, including not seeing seasonal smileys.

Agree Gig - I don't like the app versions either. Why they didn't stick with the regular ones I don't know. That's a shame big Gig didn't like Santa. I haven't thought about going to see Santa this year actually. We're off to a Christmas fair one day so I'm sure he'll be there.

LaGuerta Wed 05-Dec-12 21:23:04

I've been absent for too long. Kind of distracted by kitchen planning, and Christmas planning. All good though. smile

Gigondas Sat 08-Dec-12 07:24:33

Glad to hear it smile. Just about done on Christmas shopping but lots of other stuff to do- like cooking.
Big gig had an open day yesterday so read a bit of a poem and did some singing - she was very pleased with herself. Am hoping teething hell is ending for time being as have had some disturbed nights.
Big gig also had her repeat hearing test - she has conductive hearing loss in one ear (basically blocked ears) so it's ear drops every night.

ChristmasCountdown Wed 12-Dec-12 13:20:29

Ooh, it's quiet here of late - you're all doing the Christmas stuff I started ages ago aren't you wink

How is big gig getting on with the drops Gig? Sorry to hear of teething woes - hope it ends soon for you. Lovely photos on fb this week from the christening.

Not much to report on here - gearing up for Christmas obviously. DS got his new bed finally and <touches wood> has been sleeping really well in. I should have got him one years ago!

How are the kitchen plans coming along LaG? I would love to put a new kitchen in our house, but not really worth it. House move plans are definitely on hold for a couple of years, but I don't want to spend any more money on the current house unless we really need to.

KnittingChristmas Wed 12-Dec-12 17:30:46

<waves> smile

Had a fab time at the christening on Sunday but otherwise it's all Christmas, Christmas, Christmas grin.

Yay for the improved sleeping!

Hi to everyone else x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now