Week 7 - Summer Low Carb Bootcamp - Hurtling to the Finish Line!

(454 Posts)
BIWI Mon 10-Jun-13 08:32:28

Morning everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend and that there wasn't too much cheating! grin

Here is the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

So we have four weeks left. Time to shed a good few more pounds if you stick to the rules

I go on holiday in less than three weeks, so it's nose to the grindstone for me from now on.

letsseeificandothis Sat 15-Jun-13 09:32:04

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
<wails> <shock>

Now I know I'm going to have put pounds ON this week.
And BIWI will notice!

(But still, with a little tiny bit of pleasedness, as this bootcamp has really been good for me. Thank you, BIWI and others, for all the time, work and information you have given.)

couch25cakes Sat 15-Jun-13 10:19:41

Yesterday was a perfect day food wise for me too:
B- oopsie bacon roll and lettuce, mayo
L- steak and salad
D- belly pork and broccoli/cauliflower .was actually way too fatty but I picked out the meatier bits.
DH was out so I stuck to water all night.
The scales are v happy today- I've slipped into the next set of 10s smile

thebestpossibletaste Sat 15-Jun-13 11:00:35

Hope everyone's having a good Saturday. I'm working til 1, so looking forward to my time off!

Had bacon and egg for breakfast, not sure about lunch, probably avocado and ham salad. Tonight we're going out, so not sure how sensible I will be! I'll probably have a glass of wine and share a dessert with hubby! I have no problems staying away from potatoes, bread etc. wish me luck.

Must have a look at those M&S jeans. I'm currently wearing a few pairs (not all at once!) of their 7/8 length chino type trousers which I like. My best pair of jeans for years was an m&s pair bought just after DS was born 12 years ago. Loved them.

BIWI - let's face it - the style&beauty crew find fault with most things!

Well my scales is doing that "let's tantalise her by looking into the future" thing again. It actually showed me 13 13 this morning. Which was no way correct. We finally agreed on 14 1!!!!! Which is a couple of milestones. Under 200lbs. And 3 stone off since I started in Jan 12. Most of it off in first six months on weight watchers and then messed around with the same half stone till I started boot camp. Looking forward to seeing what official weigh in for this week brings on Monday. No wine for me this weekend!

Dairy has been creeping back last couple of days. Need to watch that again.

B this morning was Greek yoghurt, blueberries and flaxseeds
S - slice of cheese
L - egg mayo and salad
D - pork chops with a cabbage and bacon dish from M&S

NewStartNewStory Sat 15-Jun-13 11:17:11

Oi Craby watch who you are calling middle aged. I am only 22 in my brain grin

That's ok letssee I will take the flak for you. biwi I was a sugary twat last night intentionally and omg am i not doing that again. Cornflake cakes *are the work of the devil! Marshmallow rice cripsy cakes otoh...

wink

grin that help letssee?

B: scrambled eggs and lots and lots of lovely water. Plus a coffee with milk +sweetner

NewStartNewStory Sat 15-Jun-13 11:17:51

Ah crap bold fail blush

BlackAffronted Sat 15-Jun-13 11:19:41

cider, well done, you are doing fab!

BlackAffronted Sat 15-Jun-13 11:20:23

Can Imake ice cream with double cream & raspberries?

Right crabby I am in town and I am going to see if I can fin those jeans and try them on. I have been boycotting m&s since I got a rather rude email refusing to refund a returned mail order, but may have to get over that if I find the perfect jeans. Also with size inflation I'm about a size 6 in m&s and flattery does count for something...

Re the shredded cabbage I think it could be counted as a generic enough dish that you might not need to credit anyone. But you can just say that you read it somewhere and can't track it down now - I think you've done due diligence!

Happy weekend everyone!

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Sat 15-Jun-13 12:32:15

Crabby it is far more important to have good fitting jeans than to have the right label smile though it pains me to say that!! Mine are currently Sainsbury's finest grin Going down through the sizes is fine, but I'm not paying lots of ££ for jeans on the way down this slide!!

TigerChair thank you for that - one to avoid!! smile

But they fit really well and look great. And they are a size 8. What more could a girl want? Not much BIWI, not much smile Though a club to hit (the poster) JuicySteak over the head with would be nice right now. She's being a shit stiring cow on several threads and simply does it to get a rise, I'm trying not to rise to it

Cinder - we have both lost about the same amount in about the same time smile Though I'm still heavier than you by quite a bit!

Willie do you think M&S sizes are 'big' for the size?

I was exaggerating chipping with size six, but for me I do seem to take a smaller size than in other shops. But it may just be that other shops are stingier in their cutting so I don't know really

couch25cakes Sat 15-Jun-13 12:48:57

I'm wearing the next shaping jeans at the moment- so comfy. Next jeans and trousers always seem to fit me well.

Thanks Black!

M&S sizes are odd. The trousers I have on today are an 18. I have the same ones bought last year in a different colour in a 20 and they fit exactly the same. I also had a pair of white jeans that were supposed to be a 22 but weren't.

Chipping - I just realised I am half way to my initial goal of 11 stone. Although mil tells me that that is far too low for me. I'm 5' 7. I'm pretty annoyed with myself for the messing around late last year though. I could be so much further along! Well done on your loss. It's a fairly substantial loss when you think about it and even if we are not yet where we want to be, we will already be reaping health benefits.

SamanthaJones Sat 15-Jun-13 14:08:31

Hello, can I join you? I've been low carbing since January and I'm 2.5 stone down.

I still have twelfty stone to lose but I'm DETERMINED to get there. Ve been a heifer for about 10 years now fgs :massive eye roll at self:

SamanthaJones Sat 15-Jun-13 14:10:42

And I'm still phase 1 so no lentils or anything yet. Which is fine, I love fish and veg so that helps

And I've got a treadmill and have been walking at least a mile a day.

I have to say, this WOE feels right to me: no sugar or bread is something I can live with.

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Sat 15-Jun-13 14:49:45

Hi Sam You are doing really well! I don't think I'd have done so well without this lot!! smile I'm not sure what 'twelfty' stone is, but I'm sure you'll get there!

Willie - I can't decide about M&S sizing. I guess it's about as shite as every other shop grin

Couch - I used to love Next jeans - so I'm looking forward to getting some again and I'm pretty sure they'd fit now. I just need to get to a store that do 'petite' in bigger sizes. I could order on-line but I prefer to have a look at them in person.

Cider <no idea why it's always looked like Cinder to me?? LOL Muppet> half way there is brilliant. I'm damn chuffed at being 25% of the way there! We all carry weight differently and carry the same weight differently at different times in our lives - so it's hard to know if 11 stone will be right for you or not - but - you'll know when you get there (or can't!) - the same with me. According to my Dr <rolls eyes> I 'should' be 8.4 stone. When I was much younger I used to be 8 (7.12 - 8-2) but frankly I just can't imagine getting there again and think anything starting with a single digit wont be tooooo bad (ie 9.13 grin). I've got a LONG way to go before it's an issue grin

daisychicken Sat 15-Jun-13 15:40:56

My problem with m&s jeans is shrinkage after washing.... I always used to wear their jeans... petite size fitted perfectly - until my df pointed out that after washing, they shrank and were too small in the length.. yet the regular lengths never seemed to shrink so were always too long(!)

Bad day again.... oops! Went to a fab cafe in Clifton - the archway deli - worth going to normally as fab food but today they didn't have GF bread nor did they have frittata which I was having for lunch so I ended up with carby rice salad & butter bean salad..

B: yog, berries & cheese
L: carb fest salad
T: curry (have insisted no added chickpeas....!)
S: none so far....

Tomorrow should be back to normal smile

middleagedspread Sat 15-Jun-13 15:43:50

Does anyone know of any wonderful low carb leek recipes?
I've just picked the last few & not sure what to do with them. Not sautéed.
I wonder about some sort of gratin with eggs & cream & parmesan??

Chipping - 25% is also brilliant. Be chuffed. We will get there!

Middle - not sure but that sounds yummy. Maybe some bacon or chorizo bits through it!

Talking of jeans etc - my issue is that to fit my stomach trousers and jeans are always baggy in the leg as my legs are actually quite slim compared to the rest of me. As a result I love leggings. Leggings and a long too is a good look on me.

Welcome Sam- great result doing it on your own. Well done.

captainmummy Sat 15-Jun-13 16:26:41

I do a really nice lamb-and-leek thing, think it's ken lom. Needs a bit of tweaking.

Rub lamb with garlic and oil. Cook lamb until tender.
Wash leeks and slice up, cook in oil/butter til golden and soft. Add stock (about half pint, or slightly less) and cook until reduced a bit. Add soysauce to leeks, and reduce slightly. When nice and soupy (He adds cornflour to give a silky sauce), add lamb and mix.

Usually served with rice and other dishes, but I love it on its own. Could serve with cauli rice, or broccoli or green beans.

Or gratin with eggs sounds nice too grin

timidviper Sat 15-Jun-13 17:35:01

Black This evil twin thing is getting spooky as we now have a psychic connection too! I have just made raspberry ice cream! shock

Recipe was 14oz raspberries, blitzed with 3.5 fl oz water then sieved. Add juice of 1 large lemon, 3 tablespoons kirsch or gin and sweetener to taste. Whip 300ml double cream till stiff, mix all together and put into ice cream machine or freezer.

maidofmuss Sat 15-Jun-13 18:55:22

Hi all – hope everyone is having a good day!
Good luck best possible avoiding carbs this eve – we're out too so am going to order meat dish with low carb sides if I can and poss cheese for dessert (and try to stay off the wine so I go way off piste) wink
SamJones - agree with Cider and chipping - amazing loss since Jan! Don't think I could have stayed on track without the support on here and logging food
So far today:
B Omelette and butter-fried mushrooms (still not gone off eggs though probably not had as many as new recently grin hope you are feeling better by the way
L Halloumi and last bit of coleslaw
D to be confessed tomorrow (!)
Following jeans debate with interest. I have got back into a size 12 very, very stretchy gap jeans for curvy shape. Would LOVE to get back in straight leg 12s within next few weeks. Can inch them a few mm further up thighs now but still a fair way off methinks
Interested in seeking out the M&S range crabby mentioned (add me to the middle-aged line-up!)
Do like the food blogs by the way!

I've just had celeriac tartiflette for dinner - Lordy Lou, that is cheeeeesey! Soo delicious. We had it as a side dish with pork shoulder steaks fried in butter and a splash of Lea and Perrin's and some green beans on the side. Yum yum yum. I used BerylStreeps recipe - so thanks Beryl!

CrabbyBigBottom Sat 15-Jun-13 21:01:59

3 stone off! Cider that's bloody brilliant!

Sorry New, there's me assuming everyone is as old and staid as me... grin

Willie did you try them on?? I'm surprised at M&S quibbling over a refund - their whole reputation is built on good customer service; if they lose that, they lose everything imo. Silly people!

Sorry not to namecheck others, have had slightly too much wine and losing concentration reading back! blush

I tried courgette 'pasta' tonight. Honestly, if I hadn't been photographing the meal for the blog, I honestly would have given in to the fact that I've been feeling shit today and in need of carbs, and just had linguine with it. It was only my pride and wanting to try out and photograph the courgette pasta that made me do the courgette - I honestly didn't think it could possibly be as nice.

But it was! It was gorgeous! So glad I did, and am now planning a ragu for next week.

I want to reference this recipe... there have been lots of mentions on the thread but no specific recipe I could find. When I googled it I came up with a recipe on Mark's Daily Apple which I followed. I'll reference that if noone else claims it as their own idea.

Didn't find them crabby - it's a small m&s and it was busy and I got in a strop and gave up! I might order them online if I can get over my crossness

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now