Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

I bloody hate you, you bastarding disease

(223 Posts)
McPhee Wed 10-Oct-12 21:40:57

Fuck off, do you hear me? Now just fuck the fuck off angry

Yesterday, we said goodbye to my Uncle after a long fight with Cancer. My wonderful, brave Uncle sad

Our family friend is also terminally ill with bowel cancer. He had a rupture, and had to have his bowel removed via emergency surgery a few days ago. This is the one thing he never wanted to happen. All he wants is his dignity sad

Today, I find out that my Best friends MIL has also now been diagnosed as terminal. All she had was a sore hip. Her body is riddled. She's got two grandchildren she cares for due to family reasons. I feel sick to the stomach about what could happen to those wonderful boys sad

How many more? I'm so angry tonight!

Phoebe47 Sat 21-Sep-13 11:22:03

Flibber - same situation with my Grandad - fought in the war and his health was ruined. Died in his 70's of cancer. We should be poring money into research to find a cure. Our govt. wastes huge sums of money every day when it could be used usefully to fund more research. Makes me so angry.

Icantstopeatinglol Tue 06-Aug-13 23:32:40

My best friends dh has cancer and I'm at a total loss as to how to support her. I feel so sad for them so I can't even begin to imagine how they're feeling. He's only 35, he has his whole life ahead of him and is such a lovely person, it's so cruel.
I hate this disease! There's no point in it! It just causes suffering and sadness sad

supafish Mon 05-Aug-13 22:24:45

I work on a oncology unit.i am constantly amazed by the wonderful people I treat and nurse . I so wish that a cure is found and I have to work in another branch of nursing . My love and prayers go to each and every person who has been affected by this dreadful disease xxxxx

Secretswitch Mon 15-Jul-13 17:53:57

My beloved father eleven (how can he be gone so long?) years ago from leukemia..
My darling MIL battling her second go round with breast cancer
My best friend's mother died a year ago from lung cancer..months after diagnosis..
My love and prayers to all who have been affected by this fucking disease..

honey86 Mon 15-Jul-13 17:43:10

lonelydaddy im sorry u lost your wifesad i was in a similar situation 4 years ago, i lost my partner, he left behind 3 kids under 5 too, although it wasnt to cancer, but to heart failure.

thanks to those who are experiencing this one way or another... i got a phone call today from my mum, my grandad has got shadows growing on his lungs and theyre suspecting lung cancer sad sadly hes the last one in his family living, as the majority of them have been claimed by cancer. he recently lost his brother to it too. my beloved grandma has terminal cancer too, in her bowels, but they wont treat her as shes very old and weak itll cause too much suffering to go on.sad we lost mil (my late dp's mum) to cancer too, she fought breast cancer, went into remission then was struck by bone cancer which spread to her liver.

seems like the evil disease is insistent on killing off my family sad its quite frightening actually x

I'm really sad today as we lost the only member of my dad's family that speaks to us.
Dad died of cancer 10 years ago. His brothers and sisters just kind of forgot about us, left us out after he was gone. My lovely uncle was the only one who would remember, involve us.
We lost mum to cancer 2 years ago too. I feel like there is no-one really left who knows me.
My grandad is a wonderful man but very elderly and can't remember much.
My sister is much younger than me so no-one remembers my childhood except me.
That shitty disease has taken every member of my family. They say we are just unlucky and they can't find a genetic link. Have to say it isn't much comfort. I feel like I'm just waiting for my turn.
My uncle was a kind, funny and gentle man. I am going to miss him so much. sad

can6342 Thu 28-Mar-13 19:57:08

Missing my mum loads today. She died of a rare malignant brain tumour, diagnosed at 50. I hate the way she never got to meet my son. She was such a natural at being a mum and would have been the best grandma ever.

HepzibahFlurge Thu 28-Mar-13 16:27:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HepzibahFlurge Thu 28-Mar-13 16:25:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lonelydaddy Sat 09-Feb-13 00:21:54

I just lost my wife to this horrible disease, leaving behind three children under the age of five. I am raising money to Cancer Research to help rid the world of this horrible didease:

www.justgiving.com/sarah-nixon-newcastle

RachelHRD Sun 06-Jan-13 23:20:55

Thinking of you all xx

Lost my dear Mum 19 years ago from lung cancer, 4 months from diagnosis until she died aged 57 - love and miss her every day

My Dad, from Alzheimer's and cancer 5 years ago - a cruel end for such a dignified man sad

My school friend aged 13 from leukemia, 30 years ago - her brother hasn't been the same since they lost her sad

and many more family friends and relatives lost to, or still battling this vile bastard of a disease sad

the stocking thing is lovely idea. so fed up tonight and the cancer ad comin on all time isn't helping much as I'm glad research happens I hate the ad.

McPhee Sun 06-Jan-13 21:57:55

Reaa, hugs fir everyone affected by this bastard disease are always welcome.

My nephews grandad lost his battle just before Christmas, and was laid to rest on Christmas eve. He was sent on his next journey with a Christmas stocking, and inside was a personal memory from each of his closest friends/family.

Reaa Sun 06-Jan-13 21:54:10

Just sending hugs as I did not want to read and run x

missing my mum so much, 7 weeks without her and it just gets harder. hate this disease and all it brings with it

Toddy Thu 06-Dec-12 09:17:56

Thnq. we are coping by crying lots at all sorts of things. we are planning to visit over the holidays. don't want the kids to sense what is happening. they already know she is terminal. we are just holding together and making our moments count.

McPhee Tue 04-Dec-12 19:36:52

Oh Toddy, I've just seen this sad How are you coping?

I am where you are again....my nephews other grandad has been given two weeks. He won't see Christmas

I'm here if you want to talk x

Toddy Tue 04-Dec-12 08:53:52

we have just been told SIL has less than 3 months. She won't reach her 32nd birthday.

McPhee Tue 13-Nov-12 21:29:01

Our dear family friend has been taken in to the hospice tonight

We fear he is nearing the end now sad

His first grandaughter was born on Saturday, and is going to meet him tomorrow. I hope it won't be too late

Such a brave and dignified man sad

TheGrumpalo Tue 23-Oct-12 07:40:26

I feel exactly the same.

My Grandad - Died from lung cancer after chemo & radiotherapy that took away any kind of life that he had. It was heartbreaking, he was such a big strong man.

My Uncle - A bowel cancer survivor but who was really put through the mill by it, he is still affected but so grateful to have survived and has been given the all clear.

My Gran - Died from cancer and c-difficile. Taken far too soon.

My Auntie - Currently very near the end with cancer, may not even get to live to see her new grandchild due in a couple of weeks.

My sister - She has had malignant melanomas cut out and is only young.

So for all of my family I would like to say fuck off cancer, we've had enough!

My thoughts are with each and every one of you who have lost someone to cancer or who are going through it at the moment.

McPhee Tue 23-Oct-12 07:14:58

My Best friend in the whole world lost her MIL last Tuesday

It's been a very tough week. My godaughter, 9, isn't coping with losing granny sad

Continued love to you all x

rainbowsprite1 Mon 22-Oct-12 22:51:13

I couldnt read the whole thread but my dad has just been diagnosed & things don't look great sad

Popumpkin Mon 22-Oct-12 12:59:52

Yes of course you can Celtic. Your mum sounds like a very brave lady sad.

CelticPromise Mon 22-Oct-12 08:20:01

Thankyou Trazzle.

Trazzletoes Mon 22-Oct-12 05:59:35

Oh celtic <hugs>, <hugs> and more <hugs>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now