Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

I bloody hate you, you bastarding disease

(223 Posts)
McPhee Wed 10-Oct-12 21:40:57

Fuck off, do you hear me? Now just fuck the fuck off angry

Yesterday, we said goodbye to my Uncle after a long fight with Cancer. My wonderful, brave Uncle sad

Our family friend is also terminally ill with bowel cancer. He had a rupture, and had to have his bowel removed via emergency surgery a few days ago. This is the one thing he never wanted to happen. All he wants is his dignity sad

Today, I find out that my Best friends MIL has also now been diagnosed as terminal. All she had was a sore hip. Her body is riddled. She's got two grandchildren she cares for due to family reasons. I feel sick to the stomach about what could happen to those wonderful boys sad

How many more? I'm so angry tonight!

pointyfangs Wed 10-Oct-12 22:00:06

My former diving instructor (and very good friend) has prostate cancer. So has one of the founder members of our archery club, who is also a very good friend. It killed my great-aunt. My mum has survived skin cancer and is being monitored. Two days ago one of my colleagues and friends lost her DH to liver cancer - he was 63.

If anger could cure cancer, it would not exist any more.

WandaDoff Wed 10-Oct-12 22:00:19

My Dad in 2010 from lung cancer. He only lived for 10 days after diagnosis.

Expat - Saw the sampler picture on FB & her wonderful smile.

Fucking shitty bastard cancer angry
So many precious people lost.

Sparklingbrook Wed 10-Oct-12 22:01:09

It's the reason the DC have no paternal GPs. sad

Startailoforangeandgold Wed 10-Oct-12 22:02:12

DH's DF who also died of a lung infection awaiting a stem cell transplant.

Leaving two beautiful primary aged DCs without their father and one of the nicest ladies I know without her DH.

Fucking cancer. And I will never ever ever forgive you CS, even if she is still alive. She was 19 you bastard diseaseangry

Tuttutitlookslikerain Wed 10-Oct-12 22:02:45

My old boss's wife died of cancer at 33. She thought she had injured her knee ski-ing, but her kneecap was one big tumor. She fought so hard, it spread to her spine and her lungs. She was desperate to be a mum, but it never happened. sad

Trazzletoes Wed 10-Oct-12 22:04:33

Cancer is shit. Really really REALLY fucking shit. DMil 7 years ago, just after our engagement. I miss her every day.

DS was diagnosed last week. Desperately hoping he is one of the lucky ones, but already sick to the stomach at what his little body is having to endure less than a week in.

BASTARD SHIT.

Everlong Wed 10-Oct-12 22:05:45

My poor mother aged 48 from stomach cancer ( peritonitis actually killed her ) my father aged 84.

My dear sister has been in remission from breast cancer for 14 years.

It is a truly vicious disease.

SecretNutellaFix Wed 10-Oct-12 22:05:51

My cousin aged 26, 16 years ago, Leukemia.

My Dad aged 58, 23 years later this year, Lung cancer.

Trazzletoes Wed 10-Oct-12 22:05:55

Expat I'm so so sorry.

pointyfangs Wed 10-Oct-12 22:06:51

Un-Mumsnetty ((hug)) to Trazzletoes. sad

McPhee Wed 10-Oct-12 22:09:35

Trazzletoes sad

FlibberdeGibbet Wed 10-Oct-12 22:10:33

Such sad, sad stories here.

My Dad - in his 90's, fought in a war now fighting cancer.

Bastard Shite Disease!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 10-Oct-12 22:21:43

My dad aged 67 then my mum aged 54. Never lived to see their grandchildren.

My lovely mother in law last month. Adored her grandchildren and they adored her. Now they haven't got her either.

Fuck you cancer. Fuck, fuck, fuck you.

BustyDeLaGhetto Wed 10-Oct-12 22:22:07

FUCK YOU CANCER.
My DF has just finished months of horrible treatment for throat cancer which has whittled his joyful, gregarious personality to a shadow.

Expat - your daughter is the reason I signed up to the Anthony Nolan register. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Its a hideous disease which robs people of so much which they hold dear to them, my thoughts are with everyone on this thread.

Yama Wed 10-Oct-12 22:22:34

My lovely wee brother aged 32. He left a baby daughter. And all of us of course, who miss him every day. He had bowel cancer - truly awful.

Trazzletoes Wed 10-Oct-12 22:23:32

He's 3. 3. Years. Old. How the fuck is that fucking fair?

chickydoo Wed 10-Oct-12 22:27:47

2 grandparents lung cancer
Lovely lovely friend breast cancer
Ex BF throat cancer
Work colleague malignant melanoma.

sadsadsadsadsad
For all the people we have lost

LatersBaby Wed 10-Oct-12 22:28:54

trazzletoes - im sorry, its so very unfair. love and strength to you, your family and your little boy.

CelticPromise Wed 10-Oct-12 22:30:18

There's no fair about it Trazzle. I saw your thread earlier in the week. Been thinking of you and your boy.

Valpollicella Wed 10-Oct-12 22:30:56

Trazzle I just saw your other thread. I want to give you and your boy massive hugs. I wish you both strength through this xx

Expat. I think of you a lot. You dont know me but i am on your ailidhs fb page so i see your updates there. Another person i wish i could hug. Your darling girl and you....brave isnt the word x

Valpollicella Wed 10-Oct-12 22:32:03

Trazzle I just saw your other thread. I want to give you and your boy massive hugs. I wish you both strength through this xx

Expat. I think of you a lot. You dont know me but i am on your ailidhs fb page so i see your updates there. Another person i wish i could hug. Your darling girl and you....brave isnt the word x

BustyDeLaGhetto Wed 10-Oct-12 22:32:04

Trazzletoes It isn't fucking fair. I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling. Wishing you love and strength x

Tuttutitlookslikerain Wed 10-Oct-12 22:32:52

Trazzle it is not fair, not at all. It shouldn't happen to beautiful, little children. Please, please, please shout if there is anything we can do. Anything at allxxx

Rindercella Wed 10-Oct-12 22:38:54

I posted on a friend's FB earlier, when she said a friend of hers had just died from it that cancer is, a fucking bastard disease.

I lost my beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous DH to it 18 months ago this Saturday. It is shit. What happened to him was shocking and shit and painful and unbearable. Until you see it up close like that, you just don't 'get' what a bastard it is, do you? sad

I am so sorry for everyone's losses and Trazzle, I wish you much love and strength and hope your gorgeous DS comes through this.

McPhee Wed 10-Oct-12 22:47:27

Trazzle, no it's not fair at all.

Stay strong x

None of us deserve such heartache in life sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now