clomid success?

(1001 Posts)
rachie12 Thu 05-Apr-12 20:03:46

Hi, im on my second month of 50g clomid hoping it works this time, i have been trying to become pregnant for 2 years now i already have a 3 year old daughter and they are not sure why im struggling to become pregnant again. I would love to hear some good news about clomid i dont think i can take anymore negative tests sad The hospital have only given me 3 months of 50g and said if it does not work they wont give me anymore! so i dont no what they do next. i havent really had many side effects from it just headaches. If anyone can let me know there experience that would be great thanks
Rach xxx

Perkins1 Mon 08-Apr-13 22:50:38

So sorry to hear that SarahJ23 sad This happened to me on my first Clomid cycle but I continued as normal onto cycle 2. My consultant has advised 1 x 75mg aspirin daily to help make my nxt pregnancy stick, might be worth a shot? It's not a great comfort but at least u know it can happen xx

Perkins1 Mon 08-Apr-13 22:56:27

Oh just realised uv already done 6 rounds is that right? I don't they recommend more than that for Clomid as from what I've read it can make the lining of ur womb thinner....I'd see what ur doc says, he/she'll know best x

Littlemissworrier Tue 09-Apr-13 07:58:39

Aw Sarahj I am so so sorry, keep going and keep spirits up

Sending you lots of love and hugs xxx

KW87 Tue 09-Apr-13 18:44:57

Sarah i am so sorrysad but i agree since u have tried 6 rounds already you should try naturally. you got preg without clomid and you may have jumpstarted your system.

my bf had 2 miscarriages and now has a bouncing baby boy. keep faith and hope.

just have fun trying and it will happen, it has happened .... baby dust*

SarahJ23 Tue 09-Apr-13 20:53:34

The hospital had already given me another 6 months worth if 50mg clomid I just chose to not take them for a wile and that's when I fell, I know it can thin the lining of your womb but it can also increase egg viability so I have read. Thanks you all for the comments and support I'm just going to carry on as I was I think just cant help thinking that if I took the clomid that I might still be pregnant. I'm waiting on a new appointment as I told them I had not taken the tablets and fell naturally so I guess I will have to wait for my cycle to start again anyways, does anyone know how long that could take? xxx

leanne1405 Tue 09-Apr-13 21:39:46

Oh no Sarah I'm so sorry!! :-(. I hope that you are ok? I can't imagen what your going though! If it was me I would proberly want to start clomid again ASAP but everyone is different. If you feel like you need a break take one you never know you might catch on without it. I don't think anyone can say what to do you just have to do what's right for yourself. Good luck xx

Ricepudd Mon 15-Apr-13 18:22:38

It was comforting to find this forum. So sorry to hear about your miscarriage Sarah, life is tough sometimes hey. It's coming up to the one year anniversary of my miscarriage at 11 weeks, so I'm feeling a little bit sad about it and the fact that I'm still not pregnant after nearly 2.5 years of trying! But I'm starting my first round of clomid tomorrow, as we have unexplained infertility, so will see how that goes. Has anyone else had unexplained and been successful using clomid?

KW87 Mon 15-Apr-13 23:21:44

hi ladies i have doc appointment to find out if i ovulated last month and why my period came so soon. did any off u have your tubes flushed or checked?

Perkins1 Tue 16-Apr-13 17:25:11

Yep I had a hysterosalpingogram (dye and X ray) and then a lap & dye (minor keyhole surgery where they have a look around and flush dye through tubes at same time). They found small patches of endometriosis but nothing of any concern and my tubes were both clear.

Perkins1 Tue 16-Apr-13 17:28:23

Hi Ricepud, we're currently in the unexplained category and I conceived on first round of Clomid but unfortunately miscarried. I'm currently on round 4 and on cd17.

mummyurs Tue 16-Apr-13 21:47:29

Hope everyone is staying positive. I am on cycle 5 day 21. I have not been checked at all but my gp about to check hubby as I have ovulated every month on clomid so should have had something happen. Wont get any tests for me as have one already. Oh well only one week left of this cycle.

Littlemissworrier Thu 18-Apr-13 17:57:50

Hi Kw (and welcome Ricepud)

I had my tubes checked and they put dye in to check all clear before I started clomid. First round of clomid worked for me - 6 weeks today!! Cant wait for 12 weeks scan and am so worried, cant relax and I keep doing tests to make sure, not sure but think miss carriage rate is higher on clomid? scares me so much!

Beacuse of clomid though they are scanning me a little earlier. I have my first midwife appointment at 9 weeks and then hopfully if they can fit me in, my scan the week after at 10 weeks (11 weeks at latest).

Clomid really was my wonder drug!!

Sending everyone lots of love and babydust

xxx

leanne1405 Sun 21-Apr-13 08:29:22

I have had 2 scans over this past week, because bleeding but everything is fine and no more bleeding. It's been a hard week! I just want to get these next 4 weeks over till my scan then I can try and relax a little more.

It must have been horrible to have lost your baby at 11 weeks you would have thought you would have been in the clear?!

I am praying that everything will be fine but I do have a strong feeling that this baby is staying xx

Ricepudd Mon 22-Apr-13 22:34:33

Hey and thanks for the support messages, good to keep positive! Yeah it was tough miscarrying at 11 weeks but I won't go into any detail because I'm trying to send positive vibes to everyone including those who are still trying and those who are so lucky to be pregnant right now! I've just finished my first round of clomid now, do you think it makes you ovulate slightly earlier?

kw87 how did your docs app go? Yes I also had my tubes checked before starting clomid, along with lots of blood tests and ultra sound.

TejasGal Wed 24-Apr-13 20:51:15

Hello all, new to the thread! I hope you might be able to answer a question for me.

I am on cycle 2 of 50mg of clomid. Is your luteal phase on clomid consistent from cycle to cycle? On my first cycle, there were 12 days between ovulation and AF. Am now 13 dpo on second cycle. Am I to consider AF to be late based on last cycle's data? Or not late yet since it hasn't been a full 2 weeks. I would say I have had early pregnancy signs, but I am aware that the clomid and my general PCOS-ness could be creating those too...

Had a BFN with FMU today. DH's birthday is today, and I was so hoping to give him the best present ever.

Littlemissworrier Wed 24-Apr-13 21:28:58

Hi Leanne, aw you floor thing, how you feeling. Hope you're ok. Know exactly how you feel, scan can't come quick enough!!

Ricepud great that you are staying positive too - sending lots love xxx

dprecious Fri 26-Apr-13 12:15:36

pls need someone to talk to. Am taking clomid for the 1st time. Am on cd16 yet my bbt is still 36.2. Never had any rise. Pls does it mean the clomid is not working

dprecious Fri 26-Apr-13 12:20:48

so happy to find this thread is really been hard to stay positive but seeing am not alone and hearing your success stories gives of hope. Hope to have my own bfp soon. And best wishes to you all.

KW87 Mon 29-Apr-13 22:30:06

welcome Tejasgal, Deprecious and Ricepudd. This chat has been a great blessing. I hope you find it helpful.

Thanks littlemiss.. i am waiting for my period and either way i start round 2 on the 5th of may. keep you head up and hopes up you will have a beautiful bouncing baby.

baby dust to all.

dprecious Tue 30-Apr-13 15:05:49

cd 19. Omg. Pls am i due for hpt. Some one pls talk 2me, wil i get a true result?. Leanne, hw ar u copin! Hop fyn.so hapy 4u . Wish u d best .u and your dh. Oh! Ofcourse and best wishes 2ur fortcomin baby

KW87 Tue 30-Apr-13 22:50:00

dprecious- some of the women here ovulatd late. The trick i heard is syop checking if u ovulated and just have sex everyday from the 3pill on wards. i got my period cd17, so everyone is different. you could be pregnant too just wait another1.5weeks and do a preg test.

dprecious Wed 01-May-13 22:05:21

@Kw87. Thanks alot. When is ur period supose to come? Lets pray u get a BFP INSTEAD.

dprecious Wed 01-May-13 22:18:15

Littlemissworier, hw ar u holdin up? Hop fine. Just a few Qs: why were u put on clomid? Is ur case secondary infertility? Hav u concieved naturaly b4? Can we chat on facebook? Pls do reply me as soon as posible.

TejasGal Thu 02-May-13 02:38:56

Thanks, KW87. Wish we were all meeting under different circs!

AF finally arrived, so I have answered my own question: yes, the luteal phase can vary cycle to cycle. I am now on cycle 3 of clomid & timed intercourse which will be my last as my RE wants to move on to something different next, possibly IUI. I am in the States so not sure if the protocol for moving through the infertility treatments is the same as in the UK. (I lived in London for 5 years, haven't just been trawling the web for British mums' sites!). Anyway, my meeting with the RE is tomorrow and I am trying to get my head straight, write down questions so I don't forget, etc.

I just wish it would happen soon. I am lucky enough to have a 2 yr old DS and he has taken to shoving his dolly up my shirt saying "mommy have baby in tummy!" I want to give him a sibling so badly...

Good luck to everyone. Hope all is as well as can be!

dprecious Thu 02-May-13 15:17:01

Tejasgal, am sory about dat. I no dat feeling of postponded expectation. Pls am curious: what cd did u take your clomid? Did u ovulate in both cycle 1 & 2? And if yes on what cycle day? And y did ur gynae not up your dose? Wishin u the best this cycle ( BFP). Baby dust to us all.

This thread is not accepting new messages.