Andy Coulson, Rebekah Brooks and others charged

(122 Posts)
NicholasTeakozy Tue 24-Jul-12 13:07:40

BBC article. Good.

GetOrfMoiiLand Wed 25-Jul-12 21:21:57

Yes he is great. I like reading the Telegraph blush

I have a lot of (admittedly grudging) respect for a lot of tories, know thine enemy and all that. I will never agree with their viewpoints but a lot of them are very strongly principled.

Not this shower though. And I reserve my deepest loathing (and always have) for lib dems. Nasty small minded party.

Who knew that we would look back in 2012 and wish that the country was led by someone fundamentally decent like John Major.

GetOrfMoiiLand Wed 25-Jul-12 21:22:44

Yes he is great. I like reading the Telegraph blush

I have a lot of (admittedly grudging) respect for a lot of tories, know thine enemy and all that. I will never agree with their viewpoints but a lot of them are very strongly principled.

Not this shower though. And I reserve my deepest loathing (and always have) for lib dems. Nasty small minded party.

Who knew that we would look back in 2012 and wish that the country was led by someone fundamentally decent like John Major.

GetOrfMoiiLand Wed 25-Jul-12 21:24:16

Sorry for double posts.

I think also Damian Thompson wrote a good article about the charm veneer of old etonians. I must admit that the old etonians I have worked with only switched the charm on when it suited. They must have classes at eton also in how to patronise the lower orders whilst giving the impression they are being flattering.

GetOrfMoiiLand Wed 25-Jul-12 21:24:37

Sorry for double posts.

I think also Damian Thompson wrote a good article about the charm veneer of old etonians. I must admit that the old etonians I have worked with only switched the charm on when it suited. They must have classes at eton also in how to patronise the lower orders whilst giving the impression they are being flattering.

Nancy66 Wed 25-Jul-12 21:48:00

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 25-Jul-12 21:50:00

Her husband is a fool if he falls on his sword for her. He'll go to prison and she will move on while he's inside.

Nancy66 Wed 25-Jul-12 21:54:25

no she won't - she's not really like that with men

VivaLeBeaver Wed 25-Jul-12 21:57:35

Well even if she doesn't I still think he's a fool. Though I suppose they've got their kid to consider now. I remember there were some cynical musings on here when they adopted the child that it was a ploy to keep her out of prison.

Nancy66 Wed 25-Jul-12 22:03:53

it was conceived via a surrogate - not adopted as such.
But, yes, suspicous timing for someone so vocal about never wanting kids most of her 30s and early 40s

GetOrfMoiiLand Wed 25-Jul-12 22:08:57

I like how someone described Charlie Brooks on another thread - 'a dim bulb'.

Bless him.

I bet she gets away with it as well. I bet they all do. And at least 3 more years of Cameron. <glum>

NicholasTeakozy Wed 25-Jul-12 22:34:39

I often look at Gideon at PMQs trying to count beyond 10 and then 20 which is a bit difficult because he has to wiggle his toes in his Churches.

Then he looks a bit consternated before having that contented look that toddlers have of 'ooh, what's that nice warm feeling in my nappy?

Limited you rotter! gringringrin

limitedperiodonly Wed 25-Jul-12 22:35:53

My nephews voted LibDem. Oh, the naivety of youth!

Gives me something to rub their noses in when they have the foolishness to sneer at my doddering attempts at social networking.

GetOrfMoiiLand Wed 25-Jul-12 22:39:06

You can dine out on that for years.

In 25 years during a family row at Christmas you can throw in the 'well you stupid idiots voted for the liberal democrats - remember that now defunct party? - in 2010 so you can bloody shuddup'

lisaro Thu 26-Jul-12 01:42:08

Can't believe nobody else has asked did shethey 'do' any Eastenders peeps over the years?

NicholasTeakozy Thu 26-Jul-12 06:39:23

no she won't - she's not really like that with men

Ooh, do tell Nancy

Nancy66 Thu 26-Jul-12 07:48:06

i'm not saying she's gay, just a bit asexual and not interested

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 26-Jul-12 10:55:14

Hi all

As you know, now that charges have been laid this case is sub judice.

We're not legal experts here at MNHQ, but generally we would probably delete anything that states, assumes or implies the guilt of anyone who has been charged, and we may delete unhelpful/prejudicial speculation about evidence and other aspects of the case once these posts come to our attention.

Please bear this in mind in your posts.

MNHQ

emmieging Thu 26-Jul-12 12:41:29

What, you mean we have to stick to facts MNHQ??

No lurid speculation or prurient gossip??

Just wondered grin

NicholasTeakozy Thu 26-Jul-12 13:31:04

I only deal in FACTS Emmie, but seem to have had a couple of posts deleted. I think they're my first ever. sad

emmieging Thu 26-Jul-12 13:45:57

Do you remember the McCann threads? Lots of deletion going on there, when posters were simply stating facts. MNHQ seems to have a bit of a bee in its bonnet over certain news stories, less so about others.

Be interesting to see how this develops

NicholasTeakozy Thu 26-Jul-12 16:11:45

No, I wasn't here for those, thankfully.

Actually, I had a post deleted a couple of weeks ago for winding up an idiot. Only just remembered that. hmm

Ponders Thu 26-Jul-12 16:30:39

the CPS thought they had a good case against J Terry, didn't they?

Just sayin'....

I sincerely hope they've got some more sticky evidence this time hmm

donnie Thu 26-Jul-12 18:48:01

oh gosh I had one of my posts deleted....confused

LineRunnerSpartanNaked Thu 26-Jul-12 22:23:56

Still an attractive thread heading.

limitedperiodonly Thu 26-Jul-12 22:57:18

Not me <preens>

<don't take this as a challenge MNHQ>

I think it always helps to stay on the right side of the law if you stick to base abuse about people's looks and personal habits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now