Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

my friend told me she has had threadworms for 10 years

(219 Posts)
ineedapoo Wed 12-Dec-07 18:46:54

She is a very strict vegan and won't kill them sees them in her ... every so often. OMFG I am so shocked felt like running away

TinyTimLivesinVictorianSqualor Wed 12-Dec-07 19:28:01

Yuck, treat yourself and your children. They are transferred from person to person really easily. All she has to do is touch her bum and not wash her hands properly, then touch a mug you're drinking from, or something else you touch then put to your mouth.
Does she have children?
I'd be fuming if she had children in my childrens class at school.

JingleBelgoHoHoHo Wed 12-Dec-07 19:31:28

lots of illnesses are caused by living organisms:

nits
scabies
far more serious tapeworms
amoeba

and loads more things.

coldtits Wed 12-Dec-07 19:34:23

That is utterly disgusting and I would be disinfecting my hands as we speak. It is one thing to unwittingly carry them and quite another to deliberately spread them around everywhere.

My God, I think I'd drink bleach!

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Wed 12-Dec-07 19:57:03

ROFL at pyjamagirls 'scoot across the floor' . grin

You could tell her that by good basic hygiene, regular hoovering, bedlinen washing and damp dusting and washing fruit & veg properly she would stop ingesting the eggs and/or reinfecting herself and they would go away.

She would not be killing them - she just wouldn't swallow their eggs in the first place.

Is it the hare krishna who have had trouble reconciling their position on not killing anything with the discovery that you kill living things everytime you move your foot/scratch your hand/electrocute a mongoose etc.

onebatmotherofgoditschilly Wed 12-Dec-07 19:58:17

I can't stop thinking about this. It's so mentalist.

Is your friend mad in other important respects ineedapoo?

Has she lost her disgust reflex elsewhere too?
Do you suspect that she is secretly pleased bcs thinks that these are teh ones that keep you thin?

utter madness.

Blandmum Wed 12-Dec-07 19:59:54

Tape worms don't make you thin either.

This is a loda crapola!

Maidamess Wed 12-Dec-07 20:00:30

You probably have them! So yes, dose everyone up with Ovex or whatever. Crazy woman! (Your friend, not you)

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Wed 12-Dec-07 20:01:08

Ooh it's MB.... <here comes the science bit> smile

JingleBelgoHoHoHo Wed 12-Dec-07 20:03:08

martianbishop, I was hoping you'd come to this thread!

onebatmotherofgoditschilly Wed 12-Dec-07 20:05:15

oh maidamess missed yours re scooting - yes, with legs fully extended in front!

I just tried it and d'you know, it's terribly difficult.

Do you think she scratches her bum?

DOES SHE HAVE LONG FINGERNAILS ineedapoo??

Did you eat food there?

oy.

ineedapoo Wed 12-Dec-07 20:06:22

Right I am mad have just put onrubber gloves and unwrapped our pressies from her and re wrapped them after wiping them down yuk yuk. She is a bit extreme

ineedapoo Wed 12-Dec-07 20:06:56

yes have had cofffee etc there no more

onebatmotherofgoditschilly Wed 12-Dec-07 20:07:25

it's not actually that they are so disgusting that I can't deal with it - have suspected ds had them and dosed him, looked for worms coming out of his bum etc..

it's just so bizarre that she would CHOOSE WORMS that my whole world view has been rocked.

are all vegans mad? or just this one?

HaveYourselfaNortyLittleXmas Wed 12-Dec-07 20:09:51

EEEwwwwww....bet you won't go to the loo in her house again....oh how revolting!

frostythesnowmum Wed 12-Dec-07 20:09:56

How does she sleep surely her bum itches all night long shock

coldtits Wed 12-Dec-07 20:10:01

she wouldn't be teasing you, would she?

TinyTimsGangGawdBlessUs1andAll Wed 12-Dec-07 20:10:08

She must have ingestested a threadworm egg at some point to have them in her in the first place.

She ate a worm egg and she calls herself a strict vegan?! hmmgrin

Myrrhcy Wed 12-Dec-07 20:10:46

Somehow I don't believe your friend.

Does she have any children?

geordiemacminxpie Wed 12-Dec-07 20:10:59

Its making my bum th just thinking about it...URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ineedapoo Wed 12-Dec-07 20:11:41

perhaps she sees it as a act of mercy as she didn't kill the egg but gave loads of generations of eggs a home yuk

onebatmotherofgoditschilly Wed 12-Dec-07 20:12:05

lol tiny threadworms are murder!

Peachy Wed 12-Dec-07 20:13:04

Duchessofnorks, that's the Jains isn't it? The laypoelpe have to boil any water etc to kill the organisms because the monks and nuns can't do it (not just for the beings but also the fire dwelling beings etc)

Can't walk anywhere in rainy season, or eat things with lots of seeds or that grew within the soil beciuase of the amount or beings killed in that ahrvest (so no apples or potatoes etc)

Some wear cloths over their mouths to stop them inhaling beings as well. They can't fly or anything like that if they're monks or Nuns, unless they have special dispensation (met a few Nuns last year at Uni)

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Wed 12-Dec-07 20:15:13

onebat - step away now or you will have nightmares later.

DARE YOU!

onebatmotherofgoditschilly Wed 12-Dec-07 20:22:01

<eyes very very wide, shoulders hunched, absolutely motionless>

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Wed 12-Dec-07 20:22:43

peachy - thanks for that, I really couldn't remember and you're more up on this stuff than me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now