Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Doctor says "Do it"; Dentist says "Don't"! What do I do?

(58 Posts)
KatyMac Tue 08-Oct-13 19:09:40

It's use Corsadyl mouthwash (I have bad ulcers)

So who do I believe & why?

RawCoconutMacaroon Wed 09-Oct-13 23:37:49

I mean, after they have eaten that way for many months/years, the gut may heal, meaning not leaking food proteins into the blood to the same extent, so fewer other food reactions iykwim

KatyMac Thu 10-Oct-13 18:05:59

I have steroids, Difflam & she wants to know why I've never been referred before because I've always been told to "get on with it"

& please don't mess with my diet anymore until they have time to look at my blood tests & results

kotinka Fri 11-Oct-13 00:19:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KatyMac Fri 11-Oct-13 11:25:22

Thanks

DrinaDancesInParis Sat 12-Oct-13 16:32:25

Ouch! Try this stuff it works wonders on mouth ulcers.

mathanxiety Sun 13-Oct-13 06:23:58

My neighbour used to swish a little buttermilk around her mouth a few times a day when she had them and it worked.

Have you been checked for diabetes?

Timeforabiscuit Sun 13-Oct-13 08:00:32

If the bread is homemade, how much yeast are you adding? I had to stop eating home made as I got lovely doses of thrush when I over indulged hmm

KatyMac Sun 13-Oct-13 08:20:16

I'm just going to take the steroids (& the antibiotics & the antihistamines) and wait & see what happens at my next appointment

The lady I saw was amazing - she said let's get you out of pain and worry about why you get them next time; but she did say don't change my diet anymore

Buttermilk is a no-no I think as I am definitely milk intolerant - but yeast bears looking at

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now