Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

flu jab yesterday now feel like crap :(

(33 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Tue 08-Oct-13 08:32:13

Has anyone else had their flu jab yet? I just had mine yesterday and now I feel really achey, feel like all my glands are up, am bunged up and had a rather urgent trip to the loo sad also wierdly feel like some one has punched me in the left side of my face (had jab in left arm and that is also v sore!) Is this normal? I had them in previous years and been fine!

jennys79 Sun 13-Oct-13 08:40:23

DD aged 3 had the nasal flu "jab" and was fine.
DS aged 9 has got a large swollen area on his arm. Had a temperature in night with headache and feeling achy. He has never had a reaction before.

PipkinsPal Sun 13-Oct-13 08:47:48

I had mine on Wednesday and I feel fine. My arm wasn't sore at all. I only have it because I work in a Doctor's surgery and the Nurse is really gentle. I didn't even feel a prick grin

candycoatedwaterdrops Sun 13-Oct-13 11:25:46

I had mine yesterday and I feel as ill as I do normally, so no change! I did have a reaction, so have taken an antihistamine.

candycoatedwaterdrops Sun 13-Oct-13 11:25:54

*a site reaction

wetaugust Sun 13-Oct-13 11:34:53

I didn't feel the prick either - at the time. The aftermath has been horrendous.

Seems you've had a bad reaction too eatyourveg

<offers sympathy to fellow sufferers>

eatyourveg Wed 16-Oct-13 13:11:18

My arm is still hurting if I lie on my side in bed. This is the 5th day!

wetaugust Wed 16-Oct-13 16:44:11

So's mine - Day 10! I don't think this course of ABs is going to clear up the infection

bigbluebus Wed 16-Oct-13 19:13:20

I had mine at end of Sept and apart from my arm being a little tender at the injection site, I have had no adverse effects. This is the 1st time I have had the flu jab. DD had hers at the same time and has also been fine. She has the jab every year and has never had a reaction.

I don't normally bother (as I am fit and healthy) because it only protects against one strain of flu anyway, so may not stop you getting flu plus I am a carer and having flu would be the only chance I would ever get to have a week in bed but GP/Practice nurse are always on at me to have it because I am DDs main carer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now