Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

vaccine yes or no??????

(256 Posts)
123mon Thu 28-Feb-13 12:53:28

Hi, i would like to know your opinions about vaccine please. I decide to dont let my 3 years old daughter have the vaccine and i was wondering if there are other mums that think the same as me

Blipbip Thu 28-Feb-13 22:17:33

ingredients from a very quick google search - I tried to find one that gave a ballanced list

123mon Thu 28-Feb-13 22:34:33

that came from the leaflet that the nurse gave me when i asked what was inside the vaccine, so not a quick google search

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 28-Feb-13 22:38:18

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there.
Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.
Dihydrogen monoxide:
· is also known as hydroxl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
· contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
· may cause severe burns.
· contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
· accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
· may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
· has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
Contamination is reaching epidemic proportions!
Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.
Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:
· as an industrial solvent and coolant.
· in nuclear power plants.
· in the production of styrofoam.
· as a fire retardant.
· in many forms of cruel animal research.
· in the distribution of pesticides.
· as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!
The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

Trazzletoes Thu 28-Feb-13 22:42:41

itsallgoingtobefine your point being?

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that the OP's daughter is going to suffer forced withdrawal from this substance...

Measles, however, IS a killer.

123mon Thu 28-Feb-13 23:08:43

everybody its free to think and make they oun decision and i respect that

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 28-Feb-13 23:35:48

My point being everything is chemical (dihydrogen monoxide =h2o=water), and every chemical has the potential to be harmful.

Vaccines may have lots of scary sounding ingredients, but they are in tiny amounts, and have been rigorously and scientifically tested, unlike most of the anti vaccine claims on the internet.

Given that most of us aren't experts in the field of vaccines I would rather trust my child's health to the National Health Service who make evidence based decisions, rather than some randoms on the internet...

Trazzletoes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:38:39

Phew! Thank goodness! I mis-understood and thought you were saying the vaccine was dangerous.

I'm belligerent tonight so please excuse the rudeness in my tone.

SimLondon Fri 01-Mar-13 00:10:26

Mumps is a very, very mild illness - most kids will show no symptoms and the vaccine is at best 60% effective.
Rubella - mild illness unless your pregnant - in which case vaccine around 12 - because it wears off.
Measles - the only child to have died from measles in the UK in recent years was a traveller child with other serious health problems.

Personally i went for the single measles vaccine and will go for rubella in future.

bruffin Fri 01-Mar-13 00:15:44

Aluminium is the new Mercury!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Brilliant

sashh Fri 01-Mar-13 03:16:18

OMG

MMR has sodium bicarbonate and sucrose, thats........... er that's almost a cupcake. No don't give your daughter a cupcake.

And no tuna sandwiches either, they contain aluminium.

Human diploid cells are grown in labs. Two fetuses in the 1960s were used to extract the original cells which have and are still reproduced in labs. So not really fetal tissue.

Sim Mumps is mild if you have it as a child. It causes sterility in adult men (and I assume teenage boys)

Rubella is astoundingly dangerous for pregnant women and so, as responsible members of society we ensure all are vaccinated and girls have an additional booster at 12 to ensure it remains at bay.

Measles is very rare BECAUSE PEOPLE VACCINATE.

HTH

Salbertina Fri 01-Mar-13 04:41:44

Pls do- years down the line in awful mess with dcs vaccinations (around time of fear of autism link) and under influence of dangerously ignorant homeopathic expert friend hmmhmm we didnt vaccinate.
As poster said below there's a reason measles is so rare! And what has Bill Gates chosen to spend his billions on? Thankfully! Children's vaccinations...

Tallgiraffe Fri 01-Mar-13 07:44:05

Oh really. I do hope you're not for real because if you do genuinely hold these views that makes me sad and angry in equal measure.

The human tissue as you put it - this is a cell line, so tissue was extracted in the 60s and then has been cultures in a flask since then. Have a look on wiki or google how they work.

As for the list of ingredients, go to your bathroom and pick up a bottle of shampoo / soap / moisturiser and look at the ingredients. Lots of long scary sounding words? That's because scientists are precise. Just because something has a long name doesn't make it dangerous.

And finally, I have one of the conditions that was linked to MMR vaccine in that disaster of a study that has been discredited. Even if the link was true, which it isn't, then I would still vaccinate. Better to be alive, always.

bruffin Fri 01-Mar-13 08:12:57

Sims
4% of mumps cases lead to pancreatitis which subsequently can cause diabetes type 1. Other long term affects include deafness.

IOM vaccine adverse affects, evidence and causality
Lots of information here about the diseases and the vaccines and evidence for and against their side affects.

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 01-Mar-13 08:17:25

I had measles as a child. It affected my eyes. I'd like to be able to see properly, and not to have deteriorating eyesight. That's why I vaccinated my children. Oh and apart from my eyes, I ended up in hospital with measles.

123mon Fri 01-Mar-13 10:18:24

as i sayd everyone is free to do what they think is best and thats what im doing...

Blipbip Fri 01-Mar-13 10:28:02

we don't inject shampoo, soap, tuna or moisturiser directly into our thighs

Yes there are rare adverse effects to contracting measles mumps and rubella, there are also rare adverse effects to immunisation. The difference is that you can get compensation for vaccine adverse events. WHO

bruffin Fri 01-Mar-13 10:37:51

You eat tuna

Whydobabiescry Fri 01-Mar-13 10:40:32

I live in Wales and currently there is an outbreak of measles in Port Talbot, 189 cases to date. The reason for this is parents mistakingly believing the vaccine to be dangerous, as a result nearly 200 children have been infected with measles. Statistically a number of those children will be left with permanent hearing and eyesight problems and a few will be hospitalised and fingers crossed none will die. Do you really think that this is a good state of affairs - I don't that's why my children have been vaccinated.

hermioneweasley Fri 01-Mar-13 10:43:50

Trip trap

bruffin Fri 01-Mar-13 10:44:15

The point tallgiraffe was making is that some ingredients sound scary when they are simple every day chemicals that are all around us in our environment.
Op has fallen for "it sounds scary so it must be dangerous" and not bothered and doesn't even sound interested in finding out how those ingredients really affect us.

bruffin Fri 01-Mar-13 10:45:17

A not very bright one either hermione

Tallgiraffe Fri 01-Mar-13 10:46:00

Yes there are rare adverse effects to contracting measles mumps and rubella, there are also rare adverse effects to immunisation.

No, these diseases are now not as common thanks to immunisation. One estimate accounts 200million deaths worldwide in the last 150 years down to measles.Have a look at the US census here for numbers of cases in America over the last century.

Side effects are common. As is death.

Librarina Fri 01-Mar-13 10:57:41

Perhaps as a precurser to doing some research on the actual contents and chemical compounds of vaccines you get in touch with this organisation www.literacytrust.org.uk/adult_literacy That way you could ensure that your child is getting the best possible support and you might be in better position to make sense of what is a complex subject with reams of good and poor quality information available.

PhyllisDoris Fri 01-Mar-13 11:23:48

Tiny, tiny, tiny amounts - you'd have more of most of those ingredients just from eating cheap crap supermarket food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now