NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

something for new years day pudding that can be made in individual glass bowls...

(16 Posts)
doineedhelp Fri 28-Dec-12 22:32:32

I can't do a link to it but nigella has a lovely recipe for chestnut puree, whipped cream and chocolate... really really delicious and perfect for individual glasses. Kids would love it with a few choc treats stuck in it!

2kidsintow Fri 28-Dec-12 17:59:02

Mmmm....love eton mess.

Had 'Winter Eton Mess' once in a restaurant. Cream. Meringue. Mix of plump fruit in a spiced syrup (fig/sultanas/cherries/apricots).
Was v nice.

WineOhWhy Fri 28-Dec-12 14:20:40

There is a nigella one, I think from Kitchen, which is a lemon version of eton mess - made with lemon curd, lemon juice, double cream and crushed meringue. First time I made it i found it nice (and very easy) but over-sweet. Second time I substituted creme fraiche (or mabe cream cheese - can't remember) for some of the cream whihc took the edge off the sweetness and improved it. Cant remember what it is called unfortunately and dont have the book to hand.

Eton mess is of course also an option, although you may prefer to use some winter fruits instead of strawberries and raspberries.

jojane Fri 28-Dec-12 14:15:54

baileys choc mousse for adults and normal choc mousse for kids maybe with sweets hidden in middle for kids?

Roseformeplease Fri 28-Dec-12 14:10:54

Whip up some double cream, stir through some melted chocolate and some orange juice and zest - Voila! Chocolate Orange Mousse!

DoesntTurkeyNSproutSoupDragOn Fri 28-Dec-12 14:09:03

smile I invented my recipe one evening when I needed to have a chocolate dessert right now. I've never actually had to make a second batch but there is always a good quantity left over to eat warm from the pan.

SDTGisAChristmassyWolefGenius Fri 28-Dec-12 13:23:57

Raspberries and white chocolate ganache.

Heat up double cream almost to boiling, and pour over the same amount of chopped up white chocolate (1g of chocolate = 1ml of cream). The hot cream will melt the chocolate - mix together well, and pour over raspberries in the glass bowls - it is lush.

TheDetective Fri 28-Dec-12 13:22:46

Eton mess. Mmmmm smile

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Fri 28-Dec-12 13:10:17

Christmas pudding ice cream?

2kidsintow Fri 28-Dec-12 12:44:23

Cheesecake.

Novia Fri 28-Dec-12 12:42:43

Tiramisu, trifle, fruit fool of some description...?

MistletoeAndMerryChristmas Fri 28-Dec-12 12:25:33

Hahaha, that made me laugh so much!!

Thats pretty much the way I do all my cooking!

DoesntTurkeyNSproutSoupDragOn Fri 28-Dec-12 10:36:13

My personal Pot au Chocolate recipe: Melt 200g chocolate with an equal amount of mascarpone cheese, eat warm from the saucepan with a spoon. Melt another 200g chocolate with an equal amount of mascarpone cheese, pour into ramekin sized dishes/teacups and leave to set.

MistletoeAndMerryChristmas Fri 28-Dec-12 10:29:02

It's only me, DH and the kids. I dont think the kids would be too into posset! smile

meditrina Fri 28-Dec-12 10:21:14

How about posset?

Not least because it's an - um - interesting name, if any guests have babies...

MistletoeAndMerryChristmas Fri 28-Dec-12 10:08:33

And the day before?

Not trifle though. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now