Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

scared

(4 Posts)
littlepeanut16 Thu 24-Mar-16 02:29:59

I'm worried I'm getting a little obsessed with having a baby. Miscarried a couple of months ago and now my BF doesn't want a baby anymore (probably because of me being crazy for it)

How do I stop?

I have panic attacks when I think about babies, I can't eat anymore, cry myself to sleep etc

pippistrelle Thu 24-Mar-16 10:23:50

littlepeanut - I think the first step is seeing your GP. I know it does get kind of all-consuming, but actual panic attacks about anything usually means it's time to look at getting some outside help. Have you ever had a panic attack before?

littlepeanut16 Fri 25-Mar-16 01:57:19

I think I'm put off of seeing my doc because I went before regarding mental health after I had planned suicide. They told me i would grow out of it but gave me the Samaritans number in case I thought it might be serious. I used to get panic attacks a lot in college, and truth be told I've only had 1 or 2 so far baby related.. I actually feel a lot better today, maybe it's just something I have to deal with occasionally

pippistrelle Fri 25-Mar-16 20:40:28

Well, that doctor sounds ridiculous. If you're still with the same practice, is there another GP you could see there?

But I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now