Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Is this an unusual level of anxiety for this situation, or normal? And what can/should I do? Sorry, very long

(14 Posts)
TheChangerOfName Wed 30-Jul-14 17:47:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheChangerOfName Wed 30-Jul-14 17:50:06

temporaryusername Wed 30-Jul-14 21:03:36

Yes, it is too much anxiety for the situation. It is good to see these signs now so you don't get as bad as you were before. Definitely go back to GP, and explain your history in case they have forgotten. Good luck. Are there any self help books that helped you in the past that could you use to get back into the techniques? Maybe someone can recommend one for general anxiety..

Hiya,
sorry to hear you're suffering with anxiety - and yes, that is too much for the situation. The "Overcoming...." series of books have a v gd reputation, hang on...

overcoming anxiety

may be worth a try.

I also find yoga to be extremely effective as a general management thing - helps to reduce the baseline anxiety levels so these sorts of peaks are less common. There's loads around, I'm using this youtube video at lot at the mo - v effective.

yoga video

wishing you all the best

TheChangerOfName Wed 30-Jul-14 21:26:24

temporaryusername Wed 30-Jul-14 21:42:02

I know what you mean! There are probably always more solutions to try though, so whatever happens you can hold on to that hope!

I'm sorry about the problems caused by the drugs, that sounds like the last you needed. I've taken a few over the years, if you ever want to pm me about trying any feel free, even though I know everyone's reaction is different. It is fair to tell your GP that you want to go a drug-free route, unless you're completely disabled by anxiety they should be supportive of that. Hope the book helps! brew

TheChangerOfName Wed 30-Jul-14 21:52:52

TheChangerOfName Wed 30-Jul-14 21:56:12

You're v welcome. Sorry to hear about the side effects of drugs previously. Exercise does help - if you're able too.... the other thing I forgot to mention is Mindfulness - have you come across that?

Another book recommendation coming up wink

here

v v v highly recommended.... take care.

TheChangerOfName Wed 30-Jul-14 22:07:18

That walking sounds v good changer (more than I do blush) but like you it doesn't always improve my mood. Are there any sports/types of exercise that you enjoy? Something different like dance or karate or squash?

Anyhow good luck with the intros!!!

TheChangerOfName Wed 30-Jul-14 22:45:52

Hee hee... its easy for me to give advice.... I walk and do yoga, but am really going to try and get myself to a dance type thing in September wink

TheChangerOfName Thu 31-Jul-14 11:36:40

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now