Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anti depressants

(3 Posts)
LillianaMarie Tue 17-Dec-13 14:20:44

I'm thinking of taking anti depressants but they scare me. I took prozac 15 years ago but it made me zombie like i just want to feel ok again. I feel detached from the world like im not here my husband isnt good with emotions and i have no friends at all

SnowyMouse Tue 17-Dec-13 15:11:04

It sounds like you have a lot going on, LillianaMarie Different antidepressants have different side effects, and they (professionals) should work with you to make sure that the side effects are the best they can be.

Would you go and talk to your GP about how you are feeling, and maybe discuss if meds might help?

LillianaMarie Tue 17-Dec-13 15:52:18

I would but hes a family doctor and i dont speak the language well dont want everyone to know how im feeling

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now