Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

worried about call i made

(3 Posts)
porkpie12 Wed 18-Sep-13 11:46:13

Been signed off with depression two weeks ago under the doc but she has referred me for emergency counselling but before she did this i phoned the private health line with work they said they could arrange private and get a phyciatrist to call me back said do this but then backtracked wish i hadnt made call as its on record happier with nhs in turmoil about it now

wandymum Wed 18-Sep-13 11:58:59

Try not to worry. Depending on how your private health care works they usually can't tell your work without your approval anyway. I had counselling for a year through work health insurance and they didn't know.

Also, it isn't something to be ashamed of. My husband is the boss at his firm and one of his employees had depression recently. He took time off, they got him counselling and now he is back with no damage to his career.

Hope you feel better soon.

porkpie12 Wed 18-Sep-13 12:09:32

Work no its depression thats what my doc note says just stressing because its an external company and they didnt need to know just added to my worries

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now