Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dementia - GPS Tracking

(2 Posts)
Destinationendoftether Wed 08-May-13 17:23:30

Hi
I know a little of GPS devices used in dementia care and in principle I think they are a good idea.
A few things to consider though- will the individual reliably keep the device on their person- this is one of the biggest problems I have seen.
Also coverage- in the large geographical area I work in there are quite a lot of black spots and for that reason depending on wherabouts you/they are they may be more or less useful.
Overall I word suggest googling 'telecare' in your local area or even better intact he local council and ask who provides services in the tea,they will be able to do a prope assessment and advise accordingly.
God luck.

headancer Wed 08-May-13 12:17:19

Just wondered what others thought of GPS tracking for dementia and alzheimers ?

I have come across this company who provide a tracking device which fits like a watch. I can then dial the device and it provides the coordinates.

http://ukmonitor247.wordpress.com/about/

Looks brilliant to me and less invasive than the "Police Tagging", has anybody used these?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now