Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Fluoxitine and weight loss

(3 Posts)
ScottyLF Fri 01-Mar-13 09:58:15

Hi all,

Anyone had problems loosing weight on fluoxitine? I had my little boy last year and exercise and have a very healthy lifestyle but struggling with last ten pounds, think it may be the pills, any experience of this?

MrsBeep Fri 01-Mar-13 12:31:32

There are some anti-ds that can make it harder. I don't have an experience of this one though. My worst experience was on Mirtazapine (sp?) Where I put on a stone in one month, it was hell. It was also listed as a side effect...I went to my GP, pointed this out and got changed to citalopram.

Have you fully read the leaflet that comes with it? If it lists weigh gain and increased appetite as a side effect then maybe, otherwise it sounds more like you have a plateau with your weight loss, which isn't unusual if you're only trying to lose the last few pounds.

nenevomito Fri 01-Mar-13 14:54:10

I was on Fluoxetine for a long time and I put on weight when I stopped taking it rather than the other way around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now