Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anxiety

(3 Posts)
HellesBelles396 Sun 20-Jan-13 19:28:23

cbt really worked well for me. hope it goes well.

Gingerandcocoa Sat 19-Jan-13 21:23:05

I'm sure there will be lots of people who can relate. I started developing anxiety symptoms after I stopped taking Fluoxetine, which a stupid doctor prescribed to help me lose weight...

My first attack was 1 1/2 years ago. I'm much better but still get anxious once in a while, except now I know it's nothing serious, just anxiety. I've been doing psychotherapy for a year, it's really helped me but it's not "cured" me.

I am thinking about CBT, I hope it works for you.

missmouseflaps Sat 19-Jan-13 21:09:25

I'm 29. I came off citalopram last summer, after 2 years of taking it After my dd was born. I am now left with really bad anxiety. I'm starting to worry about events and situations coming up that I might not be able to handle. I am just about to start cbt. I just wAnt to know if there's anyone out there who has experienced the same, and has come out the other side. Please help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now