Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

urgent!emetaphobe home alone.ds has thrown up down the stairs!

(124 Posts)
liveinazoo Fri 09-Nov-12 22:51:42

ive gone to pieces.......
the only support i have is a partner of 10years and he is refusing to come as is working a sleepover at a residential unit with mental health clients<not waking night>
my son is sittin gon the stairs surrounded by a pool of vomit
ive never been able to cope with sick and cannot even manage to be around anyone being/been sick
what the hell am i going to do
some body <anybody> talk me through this bloody mess

zonedout Fri 09-Nov-12 23:27:12

liveinazoo, how are you getting on?

corblimeymadam Fri 09-Nov-12 23:27:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

corblimeymadam Fri 09-Nov-12 23:27:40

marriedinwhite Fri 09-Nov-12 23:27:50

Well none of us like it but if you don't want it hanging around until tomorrow. Do it in short bursts; hold your breath; rubber gloves; empty bucket; bucket with soap powder in. Scrape of the vomit with an old tablespoon into the empty bucket and get rid of it down the loo. Wipe off the residue with a large cloth; fresh soap powder bucket to clean more thoroughly. You may have to have the carpets professionally cleaned. Sort out the clothes and bags in the same way.

Make sure your son is clean, warm, OK and tucked up in bed first though.

zonedout Fri 09-Nov-12 23:47:13

hope you are ok liveinazoo

corblimeymadam Fri 09-Nov-12 23:53:28

liveinazoo Sat 10-Nov-12 00:11:21

u still awake zone?
i scraped up the now soggy sawdust<so glad i got some of that>and bleached carpet<not sure meant to do that but meh>wiped ds feet<he stood in ithmm and he managed shrug off doused dressing gown into a bag.put that ouside along all coats adn bags-bloke will have to take them home and wash them <its the least he can do!>
ds is now akip on bathroom floor cocooned in a duvet and with a bowl lined with scented bag and dash sawdust
praying he ok now
i will be a wreck for nxt 4-5 days hi alert in case anyone else keels over and treeified most of all for myself<selfish emoticon>

liveinazoo Sat 10-Nov-12 00:12:27

thanks everyone for the hand holding.i couldnt have handled it "alone"
god bless mumsnet!

marriedinwhite Sat 10-Nov-12 00:16:55

Well done. Got the job done.

MrsGrieves Sat 10-Nov-12 00:22:12

If you have any bicarb of soda, it really helps to get rid of the smell, well done you, I managed to put a spider out with a glass and card yesterday, must be something in the air.

zonedout Sat 10-Nov-12 00:23:09

I'm still here watching and waiting like an idiot

Well done you liveinazoo. Amazing. You did it. You faced your biggest fear and coped with it perfectly. I hope, despite the phobic feelings, tat you are also managing to feel a bit proud of yourself.

Here for mutual handholding for the next 5 days while I watch & wait (and no doubt have call to get the bleach out but not on the carpet

Your poor ds. Hope thats the end of it. Are you able to get some sleep?

liveinazoo Sat 10-Nov-12 00:24:49

zoned shall we start an insomniac thread ?
i wont sleep now my nerves are in shreds and my ears are pricked waiting for any sound sthat are remotely unsavoury!

zonedout Sat 10-Nov-12 00:25:16

sorry for continuing typos.

Well done MrsG smile Give me a spider over sick any day (but I guess you would disagree)

liveinazoo Sat 10-Nov-12 00:27:15

its funny isnt it that every emetaphobe ive ever met/had contact with can deal with all manner of creepy crawlys!

zonedout Sat 10-Nov-12 00:28:03

good idea...

Between the sounds coming from my elderly dog and my neighbour sneezing, I am a jumpy wreck.

Think we should both at least try for a tiny bit of sleep... I feel safer nodding off sitting up with the light on at times like this hmm

frantic51 Sat 10-Nov-12 00:35:04

Not quite, my dd2 is an emetaphobe and she is terrified of spiders! I had to conquer my own fear of the 8 legged horrors to help her! Amazing what you can do for your kids! Well done liveinazoo, so proud of you! brew

liveinazoo Sat 10-Nov-12 00:39:23

thanks for the tea honey!

i hope you didnt think i was being flippant

your poor dd,how old is she

im ashamed to say my dd2 is vomit phobic and i blame my response to itsad

frantic51 Sat 10-Nov-12 01:15:06

No, of course I didn't smile She's 17 and the poor thing had to put up with me being sick a couple of weeks ago (terrible D & V bug) she even brought me a bowl at one point and even poked her head around the door a few minutes later to ask, "Are you alright? Do you need me to do anything else for you?" Bless her! (I didn't! Managed to empty bowl and disinfect it myself smile )

Don't blame yourself, my DD2 might have arachnophobia but my DD1 definitely doesn't and I raised both of them so... grin

liveinazoo Sat 10-Nov-12 01:19:59

theres hope for me yet then!grin
my dp a nightmare with spiders as are all the kids
im sure the arachnids of the world know this as wherever we have livedi seem to get the largest house spiders and i spend a lot of time in autumn easing them out of the house!
a couple have lost legs in their haste to be released and then ive found the same ones in the bath again the next day!<simpletons!>

frantic51 Sat 10-Nov-12 01:25:50

grin We get whoppers here and since DD1 went away to uni I have had to become the, "spider woman" as DD2 is rooted to the spot with fear and goes white and clammy (as, indeed, I used to). I'm afraid I'm not able to pick them up and release them sad but I am now able to kill them and despatch them once dead! I'm getting there! grin

liveinazoo Sat 10-Nov-12 01:34:00

i always seem to end up with legs in my hands as they try and scamper off so i now put a glass over them adn slide a piece paper under them
this method had allowed ds to get closer to them in a controlled way and he is a bit less scared.with the kids<except youngest who terrified full stop>its the scurrying that gets them going
poor little zoo<aged 5> has wet her pants rather than enter the bathroom when a spider is watching her from in there and its been an urgent trip,thus too late for me to remove it and then she could go!

frantic51 Sat 10-Nov-12 01:39:44

I can do the glass and paper trick with smaller ones now but I'm still too scared of the really humongous ones! As I say, I'm getting there! A year ago I was killing the smaller ones and would have been in much the same boat as poor little zoo with regard to the large specimens! sad

liveinazoo Sat 10-Nov-12 01:44:55

are you in the uk or do you live in a super scary place with big venomous ones?
i couldnt handle any of those!

frantic51 Sat 10-Nov-12 01:50:51

No, not venomous! grin I live in UK but in very rural area, surrounded by fields and house is old with lots of cracks, beams etc so get a lot of the really big ones, the ones that, if you put them in the palm of your hand (shudder) their legs would actually dangle over the edge! The most I have had in the sitting room here in one night was FIVE! But during the autumn there is very rarely a night without at least one. sad

liveinazoo Sat 10-Nov-12 02:13:53

blimey!my lot would be nervous wrecks!

i assumed you might be abroad as you still awake at this hoursmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now