Foot injury advice please?

(3 Posts)
Boozena Wed 11-May-16 19:49:23

I've hurt my foot!
I ran on Tuesday and before I went again on Thursday my right foot started hurting.
I don't think it is related to the running as it came on very suddenly two days later- no gradual ache- I was moving a bed immediately before.
I've googled foot diagram and it looks like my abductor hallucis muscle.
Anyone have any experience of this/advice?
So far I've been resting, ice a couple of times a day and ibuprofen.
Yesterday the muscle felt really tight and stiff into my big toe- like a stiff cable. Today a bit looser but still sore.
I am desperate to get out running again so any words of wisdom would be good!
Thank you :-)

sparechange Wed 11-May-16 19:53:19

Massage the bottom of your foot with a golf ball by putting it on the floor and pressing down on it?

Randomly, thyroid problems cause foot pain. The best guess was a stress fracture but it could only be diagnosed with a CT scan. I spent a small fortune on physio with not much progress and had started to give up, when some blood tests picked up that I had an under active thyroid

Within a week of starting on the tablets, the foot pain went away and didn't come back!

Boozena Wed 11-May-16 20:30:23

I'll give the golf ball method a try! Thank you. It's hard to get deep enough with hands.
That's interesting re thyroid I didn't know that- any other symptoms and did the foot pain come on suddenly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now