Grim, but I would love some advice on piles and running.

(6 Posts)
Paddingtonblue Mon 29-Oct-12 22:56:15

My children have nabbed my hand mirror so I have been checking this thing out with the camera on my phone. Then obesessively checking to make sure I don't accidentally leave retina scarring image on phone for discovery by anyone else.
I will go and get it checked by my GP this week but it is a beautiful 25 degree day here right now on the other side of the world so I am heading out for a run while the baby naps. Fingers crossed it doesn't explode. Thanks Fanny.

FannyFifer Mon 29-Oct-12 22:44:33

Hmmmm, hard to advise without seeing it, lol

I would probably see GP, especially due to previous issues.
Running and pelvic floor probs could certainly cause a prolapse but could also cause piles.
Go get your arse checked out.

Paddingtonblue Mon 29-Oct-12 22:27:04

I really don't know. I did have a rectocile (? spelling) after my third, but that was internal. This thing is about the size of the top of my thumb, does that sound pile-ish?

FannyFifer Mon 29-Oct-12 22:13:48

Are you sure it's not a prolapse?

Paddingtonblue Mon 29-Oct-12 22:13:01

Meant to say, pile is definately not diet or straining related. I have ulcerative colitis so no chance of that!

Paddingtonblue Mon 29-Oct-12 22:01:30

So, I have been running for a year or so after a bit of a hiatus to have three children. I went for a fantastic 15km run in the weekend, felt so great and then woke up the next day with what I assume is a giant pile. It is foul, I have got some prep h from the chemist but this baby is right out there and pretty sore. I have never had one before so my question is do I keep running or give it some time to calm down, and am I right that a good length run has suddenly made it appear. Possible TMI, but i have tried pushing it back in to no avail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now