Salsa-jive or Ceroc, does anyone else do this?

(2 Posts)
CuriousMama Thu 04-Oct-12 23:56:02

Well I've been tonight and didn't sit down! There were no new starters tonight so the really good dancers got me up a few times. They do dips and drops which is a bit scary but I managed it. I'd say I've dance for over 2.5 hours tonight?

I almost didn't go as had a bad hangover this morning. Dp is off work this week and we got a bit squiffy last night. I only drank soft drinks tonight to give my liver a break. wink

CuriousMama Wed 03-Oct-12 16:27:41

Dp started going to salsa jive at the beginning of the year and really enjoyed it. He wanted me to go but I'd been put off organised dancing by a salsa class that wasn't taught very well, plus was a bit cramped. So I didn't fancy it. Then one week a few months back I thought I'd give it a go so did. I love it smile

Dp and I try to get there every week, there are a few different venues doing it nearby. We go to one 5 miles away. Dp sometimes goes to another further afield but I have other commitments that night. Last night we tried a new venue which is run by our usual teacher but it's way too far to go to on a regular basis, we just went for the opening night. We hadn't been for around a month due to work shifts and did we feel it! We're both aching today. It's like a good work out but fun. I'm not keen on the gym, I join for a while then it tails off to nothing. With the dancing it's a joy and I'm keen to go. Plus it's so sociable has bar wink

Do you do this or any other form of dance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now