Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

Lpool123 Sat 04-May-13 16:24:51

Yeah I am abi Mccleary speak soon staceyboo18 x

laura2013 Mon 06-May-13 19:09:38

any of you had a written assessment as part of your interview?

MrsLWestie Mon 06-May-13 19:59:02

Yes I had a written assignment as part of the assessment / interview process.

iberostar Thu 09-May-13 17:36:28

hey wondering how those who interviewed beg April for LCH? i had a call today offering me a place and wondered who else here has? be good to see who we are training with!

kitcat15 Fri 10-May-13 17:54:14

Hi Iberostar
Well done!
I got call too - I got offered a place at LCH subject to refs etc - I won't really beleive it though until I get a letter. They offered me the sept intake - how about you?

Autumn Daisy you heard anything yet?? cos you applied dirct to uni I think for knowsley?? - i hope it's good news.

xx

kitcat15 Sat 11-May-13 14:17:54

FAO LIVERPOOL GUYS
Liverpool JM Uni have opended the recruitment window up again for a period of 2 weeks and are taking appliactions - it doesnt say that previous applicants can't apply - so for those who didnt get short listed just apply again but change your personal statement.
x

Emily21xx Sat 11-May-13 23:36:44

Hi everyone, I have just been offered an interview on the 6th June, im really nervous. This post has been really helpful, thank you all.
I haven't been told about doing a presentation though, is this only at selected areas? My interview is for the Southampton area. xx

thyra30 Sun 12-May-13 06:25:24

Emily21
When I had my interview in southampton we did group work assessment on de day instead of presentation. I think it depends because de other interview I attended for a different trust in southampton required us to do a presentation. Good luck anyway. I got a place for sept. Intake. Let me know if u require any further help.

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Sun 12-May-13 08:07:35

kitcat is that on NHS jobs? Does anyone know if you can apply for more than 1 post I have just applied for Bridgewater but JMU is closer.

Lpool123 Sun 12-May-13 11:10:48

Kitkat15 where is liverpool advertising?? Can't see it ion nhs jobs xx

iberostar Sun 12-May-13 19:28:58

kitkat15 I'm Jan as i requested. wanted to settle my youngest into school... where are the other places advertised?

iberostar Mon 13-May-13 00:15:53

just seen on JMU site. says modified 29th April. how odd when they have not informed all the candidates interviewed last week in April?

Leah80 Mon 13-May-13 11:16:36

Anyone not already on, come and have a look at Facebook group
www.facebook.com/groups/StudentHVs/

Emily21xx Mon 13-May-13 21:09:19

Thanks thyra, I had an email today saying that I need to do a 5-10 min presentation on the Francis report and how it relates to HV. Anyone have any good tips on where to look for the info, also did u do PowerPoint?

Thyra what did they ask you in the interview? I'm so desperate to get a place!! Xx

Kittyket Tue 14-May-13 19:30:53

has anyone heard that derby are re advertising?

reahead Wed 15-May-13 20:16:38

My course at Derby finishes at the end of August, Francis report is a very hot topic as is leadership in HV. Link presnetatio it to lack of leadership, government targets. Add in government response to this and recommendations. Try Leadership Academy repsonse also with leadership frameworks etc. Good luck

Archie2012 Wed 15-May-13 21:55:38

Hi Kitkat15 and iberastar I too have been excepted onto the course through LCH!! Starting in Sept at Jmu, so exciting !!! X

Emily21xx Wed 15-May-13 22:27:42

Thanks reahead, i have been researching it all day, i just want to make sure I don't mess this opportunity up, I've wanted to do this for such a long time!! Xx

Emily21xx Wed 15-May-13 22:31:39

I also need to talk about the francis report and how it relates to the service we provide to children and families, I'm really stuck on this one!! Xx

AutumnDaisy Thu 16-May-13 20:22:41

Hi, I've not looked at this thread for ages and just had a little read and noticed a little note to me - thank you kitcat15 smile Yes I applied direct to uni for sponsorship from Bridgewater - have not heard anything yet...! Well done to all those of you who've made it onto the course smile xx

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Fri 17-May-13 19:15:29

Also applied to bridgewater and waiting to hear. I can't find the JMU one though am I looking in the wrong place?

kitcat15 Sat 18-May-13 12:55:46

Sorry BrocoliISR...not been on forum to see your posts....the LJM jobs were for knowsley and bridgewater (st helens) i think...they opned the applications to apply via the uni websire for 2 weeks from end of april and closed the window again on 14.05.13 so will prob be short listing again now ....its a bit strange really cos some people who were interviewed havenet even heard yet, one way or the other.
maybe theyve got more money from strategic health authority for funding?? but dunno....
iberostar.....have your referees been contacted yet?? mine havent... am going to ring on monday.... gud weekend all x

iberostar Sun 19-May-13 11:39:57

no kitkat mine havnt been contacted. if you do ring them ask when we will receive a letter with provisional offer! I've not had one, have you?

happylaws Mon 20-May-13 17:48:46

Hi Kitcat15, the LJMU recruitment was for the school nurse side of the course. I know this as I spent 9 hours applying (thinking it was for health visiting) only to be told the next day that it wasn't for that and would I still want my application put forward for school nursing?? Gutted wasn't the word!! I've since got a place with Bridgewater so at least I have a place but it doesn't change the fact I wasted a day of my life writing a 1000 personal spec for nothing!! Xx

AutumnDaisy Wed 22-May-13 14:03:29

Hi, I've been successful in gaining a place at LJMU and being sponsored by Knowsley Trust. Is anyone else on here bring sponsored by Knowsley? Just wondering if it is full sponsorship (as in Band 5 pay)? I won't find out anything (including start date) until I hear from them in writing, which could be in a couple of weeks! Thanks xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.