The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Christmas Challenge! £300.00 by Christmas.

(1000 Posts)
BenedictsCumberbitch Sun 26-Aug-12 16:51:07

I'm getting back into my eBaying, massive clear outs will keep me busy over this free listings weekend, wondered if anyone wanted to join me in making Christmas as cheap as possible and having the good people of eBay pay for most of it!

LineRunner Wed 28-Nov-12 21:53:13

Awful, isn't it? I'll complain, but ebay seems very insistent on leaving "Buyers' perceptions of the transaction" intact.

I agree that no feedback is better than shit feedback! Although in my case the feedback was lovely, but they ruined my star rating. No contact beforehand, either.

TeWi, at least you would cause to give them a 2 or 3 on that category.

PurpleFrog Thu 29-Nov-12 13:36:57

I had 6 items finishing last night. I only sold one, but it went for more than I was expecting, so I'm happy. I also received my cheque for the NCT Nearly New Sale I did last month, and that was exactly what I was expecting it to be. So, I did some calculations and my current profit for this challenge (including Gumtree and NCT sales) is just under £292. I was surprised - I thought I was still way under!

I didn't list anything at all last weekend, but still have 9 (out of an original 14) items running on a 30-day BIN. I'm beginning to regret not putting them on for 10 days, but I'll wait it out and see what happens. 3 have watchers, but the numbers keep fluctuating.

I really need to decide what else is likely to sell in the run up to Christmas and get it ready for listing. I have some doll's bunk beds that I had intended to sell this year, but I want to varnish the ladder and make some bedding first. And they are taking up quite a lot of room....

Dingle Thu 29-Nov-12 17:07:41

Wishing that more buyers would pay promptly. My last lot of items finished on Saturday/Sunday. Sold 14 items, posted some Monday. I was working all day Tuesday so DH went to PO in his lunchbreak. I went to PO again Wednesday morning. My darling mum went to PO for me today as I was working all day again. Got home to find that, at last, the 14th item has actually been paid for.

Guess where I'll be going tomorrow! hmm

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 29-Nov-12 22:17:53

I sold something on BIN at 8am on Monday morning. They've still not paid.

How long do I wait?

LineRunner Thu 29-Nov-12 22:38:18

8am tomorrow morning, then start a Non Paying Bidder case.

They'll receive an email from ebay asking them to pay within another 4 days.

If they don't, you can close the case, get your fees back, and re-list.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 29-Nov-12 22:51:02

Thanks, I'll do that.

I hope it does the trick. I have 24 things ending this weekend and that was going to be it for 2012. I'm just not interested in joining the mad pre-Christmas post, especially if bad weather is imminent. This was a decent BIN and if they don't pay I'm going to feel really annoyed and will probably relist it and run the risk with the post.

Grrrr.

lljkk Fri 30-Nov-12 07:39:52

Ooh, I had a near-NPB this week. It was someone with f/back score of 1 (one!) and they were obviously a bit clueless. I opened a case & they promptly realised they hadn't paid properly (I don't know what they thought they had done). I was very nice about it. Got it paid after all, though, and I'm happy to have a sale.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 30-Nov-12 09:25:57

My buyer only has a feedback score of 46, so hopefully this case will end the same as yours *lljkk.

I've just opened the case now - fingers crossed it does the trick!

dizzyday07 Fri 30-Nov-12 12:36:51

I have found lately that Ebay don't always sent out a "you have won" email, so when I've bid on an item - and forgotten about it (as had days left to run) - then it can be the seller prompting me that makes me realise I have won!

PurpleFrog Fri 30-Nov-12 12:43:08

eBay often don't send out the automatic mails that they should. I have got into the habit of checking that they have sent the ones telling the buyer that the item has been dispatched. If they haven't sent it within a couple of hours, I will send one manually.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 30-Nov-12 13:46:26

Nothing yet! I sent an invoice the morning that it was bought, and now the unpaid item thingy.

We'll see......

PurpleFrog Fri 30-Nov-12 14:44:52

IwishIwasmoreorganised - it is the end of the week and the end of the month. Maybe they are waiting for money in their account!

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Fri 30-Nov-12 18:43:59

DS' DSi sold last night on BIN! yay!

I'm really pleased because I was going to drop the price again over the weekend to get it shifted!

His Wii is still going but no not much interest. I'll probably drop the price a bit and see if that gets it a bit more attention.

I need courier advice but might start a new thread...

Dingle Sat 01-Dec-12 17:57:58

Got quite a lot finishing this weekend and I am also listing a few more items too. I am going to suffer the clutter for another week and then "shut up shop!"

I have raided my wardrobe for a few bits and bobs with their labels still hanging off them blush and also outfits from Christmas past......some years LOL, when I was a size 8-10 and had a good figure. Lets face it I'll NEVER get into them again! It seems madness that they are hanging there when they cost good money and have only been worn once or twice.

Fingers crossed for all our sales ladies! xx

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 01-Dec-12 18:11:08

One more BIN gone today grin. They're doing better than I'd thought. DH says I must have undervalued them, but I'm happy to get them gone for reasonable sums than still have them sat here collecting dust.

Still no sign of my non-payer yet <sigh>

lljkk Sat 01-Dec-12 20:51:47

Heavens, I nearly did it AGAIN: nearly sent wrong items to buyers. Got confused about what they had bought. Luckily managed not to mess up that badly (phew, close call).

DS has made £55 on Nerf gun sales after all costs, so he's happy.

Tortoise Sun 02-Dec-12 10:08:14

I have loads ending tonight. Have a few bids.
DDs littlest pet shop didn't sell so that's been relisted.
Might get a few bits listed today. I was hoping for flw. smile

LineRunner Sun 02-Dec-12 15:31:27

Bless him, DS has helped me to hunt around the shithole house and we have found nearly all the right boxes and chargers and instructions for a vast amount of DS and xbox games, accessories, consoles etc etc. Then we dusted and cleaned them. grin

Then we realise it's not a FLW! Can't bear to put stuff on for 99p .... or should we be brave?

OTOH we could list next weekend (FLW??) and send everything ?Special Delivery.

What are you all doing?

Tortoise Sun 02-Dec-12 15:36:48

Linerunner Depends on your start prices. It's not really that expensive to list at a higher than 99p price. Just factor it into the start price.
I've listed a wow wee roboraptor on BIN. Hope that sells quickly!

LineRunner Sun 02-Dec-12 15:43:28

Thanks, Tortoise. I think DS is champing at the bit to sell stuff, so I'll tell him that we'll look at higher starting prices and BINs because I think people are wanting to buy stuff now and next weekend, so it's delivered by mid-Dec.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sun 02-Dec-12 17:57:30

Could you use the fixed price? Have a look at what others are selling for and price them around the same. It's a flat rate of 40p.

All of the higher fixed price games sold within 48hrs of listing. We still have about 4 games still going but DS is up to £210 in the last couple of weeks just on games and his DSi. Really hoping the Wii goes soon because it's taking up space grin.

Dingle Sun 02-Dec-12 19:05:31

Whoop, whoop. Feeling quite pleased. Had a pair of mens brand new shoes laying around, popped them on Ebay and they've just sold for £26!!! grin

amck5700 Sun 02-Dec-12 19:10:41

I'm now one teeny weeny BIN away from £500 - come on somebody grin grin grin grin grin grin

Tortoise Mon 03-Dec-12 17:04:09

yay sold roboraptor for £30 BIN smile

LineRunner Mon 03-Dec-12 18:34:57

Well done. Tortoise. How much did the BIN cost you to list, btw?

This thread is not accepting new messages.