Fingers crossed for a Christmas BFP!

(57 Posts)
amy246 Tue 26-Nov-13 11:16:13

Thought I'd start a thread for those of us hoping for the best Christmas present ever! Anyone else TTC and hoping for a BFP around Christmas time? smile

MrsW0931 Wed 27-Nov-13 12:54:54

aww thats sweet.

god less than 2 hours and i cant eat my lunch because of the million butterflies in my stomach ..

When do u get to test fipflipping?

FlipFlippingFlippers Wed 27-Nov-13 15:09:21

Oh got ages yet. Only just had AF last week and I have a long cycle. I'll prob be testing near Xmas week. How didyour appointment go?

MrsW0931 Wed 27-Nov-13 16:05:47

its out! and i survived! it was over so quickly couldnt believe it.

Lets hope the OH doesn ask to feel the strings over the next few weeks as i have the coil in my bag to wrap up for his xmas present! I know, im gross but after he said the best present this year would be my coil wrapped up i just couldnt resist!

amy246 Wed 27-Nov-13 18:38:43

That's so funny!grin

WaitingForPeterWimsey Wed 27-Nov-13 20:22:52

smile Mrsw

I'm really hoping for an Xmas bfp - trying for 4 months for number 2 and would be testing around Xmas Eve on...here's hoping and good luck to all of us!!

FlipFlippingFlippers Wed 27-Nov-13 23:52:43

I think I might test Xmas eve if AF hasn't arrived. Tho getting a BFN might be a bit more emotional.

WaitingForPeterWimsey Thu 28-Nov-13 13:10:03

Just fantasising about announcing it to everyone on Xmas day grin

FlipFlippingFlippers Thu 28-Nov-13 14:52:04

Would you announce it so early? I'd be bursting to but would prob wait the 12 weeks.

MrsW0931 Thu 28-Nov-13 15:12:34

yea snap FlipFlipping, im hoping the excitement wouldnt weaken us to tell as both our mums are coming over for xmas dinner but i really dont want to say anything until the scan. It probably wont happen anyway so i wont have to worry!

MrsW0931 Thu 28-Nov-13 15:14:49

i think i will either do a test on the night of xmas eve or christmas morning but i wont mention it to DH incase its negative as he will be gutted and itl ruin his day. Currently he has no idea my coil was taken out yesterday so that alone will make him happy on xmas day. He wont expect a pregnancy so soon anyway so if he doesnt know it wont upset him!

WaitingForPeterWimsey Thu 28-Nov-13 15:43:12

I would tell everyone yes, because I've had a mmc confirmed at the 12 week scan in a previous pg. so like everyone to know so I can get the support through the first weeks iyswim. Also I find it hard to keep a secret! Wouldn't tell DS until after 12 week scan, though!

mammabear4 Thu 28-Nov-13 16:01:56

I would love to give DP a BFP as a present for Xmas!!! Did a test yesterday when I got home from work and they'd come through the post - couldn't resist - even though not due AF until 1st dec and 4pm isn't the best time to POAS! Got BFN and was disappointed but holding out for next week, FX!!! If not this cycle I won't be expecting a BFP until just after Xmas!

toots123 Fri 29-Nov-13 08:26:11

Still no af for me yet. Getting frustrated as I just want her to turn up (just for this month haha)

As soon as I get a bfp I will tell my mum and dad. My mum isdying to be a granny and I tell her eveverything! Its hard enough not telling her we are ttc haha

MrsW0931 Fri 29-Nov-13 12:01:27

lol toots i know what you mean, i had my coil out on wednesday and was going to give him the coil for his xmas present as hed been begging me to get it out but i lasted all of 24 hours before i gave it to him last night, at least now i can actually talk to comeone about it as i wasgoing insane!

amy246 Fri 29-Nov-13 12:11:27

I don't know about you, but I am worried that I'll be even more disappointed with a BFN if I test on Xmas day as planned. What if it ruins the whole day!

MrsW0931 Fri 29-Nov-13 12:52:30

hmm maybe you should test xmas eve. at least then you can sleep on it and wake up fresh xmas day knowing either a)ur pregnant or b) you can have a drink on christmas day!

amy246 Fri 29-Nov-13 22:36:30

Yes, I think that's probably what I'll have to do. TTC is stressful enough without putting myself under pressure as well!

mumtoacub Sat 30-Nov-13 14:17:03

Can I join? due bfp 16th on cycle 7 ttc#2. I want to hold off and do test on Xmas day if no AF to have the best Xmas ever!! Will definitely be announcing on Xmas day if that's the case I've waited long enough. Trying not to get to excited about the prospect been disappointed before

FlipFlippingFlippers Sat 30-Nov-13 16:56:37

Is it just me that convinces myself out loud that I'll get a bfn whilst secretly thinking otherwise and letting myself feel even worse? I can't imagine doing that Xmas morning I'd end up spoiling the whole day for myself. I'm gonna find it really hard to not say anything if I get a bfp at Xmas cos my mum knows we are ttc but my grandma is a nightmare and would tell everyone even if we asked her not to like she did after my mc

MrsW0931 Sat 30-Nov-13 20:52:37

I know what u mean flipflipping, i wouldnt do a test xmas day cos. it will ruin or put a downer on the day if its negative. Do it xmas eve if u have to and just gear urself up for a negative even tho i totally know thats easier said than done!

On the plus side for me my AF came today hoorray! grin Which means i can now get to grips with my cycle and we could have a bfp at xmas... Is it sad i already did a due date calculation for if i conceived in this cycle?! blush

mumtoacub Sat 30-Nov-13 21:23:02

Hey yeah you might be right it could ruin the day, in my head it would be a amazing scenario though a bfp on Xmas morning. Real life ain't like the movies ( sadly)

WaitingForPeterWimsey Sat 30-Nov-13 22:05:59

MrsW, you are not the only one!! I did a due date calculator too blush

amy246 Mon 02-Dec-13 19:43:41

I use a due date calculator every cycle! Lol!

WaitingForPeterWimsey Mon 02-Dec-13 21:17:58

Cd 7 here and as I have quite long and a bit irregular cycles I guess Christmas Day will be around 13 dpo, but could be only 9dpo!

We are going to concentrate on maximising our chances by not letting anything get in the way of swi this month. No illnesses, work deadlines, 'important phone calls' allowed grin

MrsW0931 Tue 03-Dec-13 10:17:24

I feel a whole lot better now thanks guys ha. THougth i was slightly going crazy with the due date calendar thing but obviously its part of the job!

So im now confused, my AF arrived - well i thought it did, but it lasted just half a day if that, the next morning nothing. and nothing since. Was that my AF? i googled implantation bleed but that usually occurs like 9 days after ovulation and my coil had only been taken out 4 days prior to the bleed so surely it cant be that. Why did it only last half a day, im so confused!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now