First Month

(87 Posts)
keepswimming1 Thu 01-Aug-13 14:22:21

Hi everyone,

I have just joined the site, and would love to hear your stories.

I came off the pill in May, and started trying this month, how do you calm yourself in not getting your hopes up for AF not to arrives (she's due any where between tomorrow and Sunday)

I don't like waiting lol

keepswimming1 Fri 02-Aug-13 18:04:49

Oh well done. I used the morrisons ones last month, not bad. Though by my o day oh had left the country but couldnt resist on trying them out lol
God I sound like a nut job.....

VJONES1985 Fri 02-Aug-13 19:39:41

Could someone tell me more about opks please? What actually comes in a packet? What do you do with them and how do they work? Also, how much should I expect to pay? Thanks.

jaykay987 Fri 02-Aug-13 19:54:09

The CB ones are quite expensive though can be found on sale sometimes.

You get test sticks (how many depends on which packet you buy) and a "holder". The instructions tell you when to start testing (depends on your cycle length) so you don't start testing to late or too early.

You put a stick into the holder each morning and the POAS. They either show nothing, high or peak fertility. Typically you get two days high then two days peak (though this does not work for everyone there's a whole other thread about that). High is a flashing smiley face, peak is a solid smiley face.

Then you stop testing until the next month.

There are other varieties which are much cheaper but some people find them harder to read. I'm sure someone with experience of these can tell you more.

I've used CB ones this month and will do so again next month, as I know feel I understand my body better, but the cost would definitely prevent me using them every month.

VJONES1985 Fri 02-Aug-13 20:02:28

Thank you,that's helped a lot. How much are the cb ones?

ItalianWiking84 Fri 02-Aug-13 20:06:39

I found them on clearance today in my local tesco for 8 pounds but they were normally 35 pound :O

VJONES1985 Fri 02-Aug-13 20:43:27

Hmm, don't think I'll be buying them anytime soon then!

keepswimming1 Fri 02-Aug-13 22:03:10

I paid 4 pound for morrisons, they are easy enough to under stand but sounds like cb are much easier. I brought them just to try them out, you only get 5 in a pk so you need to understand your cycle really.

ItalianWiking84 Sat 03-Aug-13 00:01:22

I just tried the cb this night and must admit they are really easy to use and follow... So do think they are the price worth, or at least when on sale smile

blueamber Sat 03-Aug-13 13:08:41

Amazon sells cb ones, £21 for 20 sticks, which should last 2 months. They're the cb advanced.

ItalianWiking84 Sat 03-Aug-13 13:42:47

Thanks blueamber, amazon it is next month ;)

ItalianWiking84 Sat 03-Aug-13 21:33:10

Yai
Happy smiley today on my stick smile

keepswimming1 Sat 03-Aug-13 23:27:22

woo woo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now