Emmsys Weebles - moving to the Greenhouse for spring and summer!

(997 Posts)
4everhopeful Fri 08-Mar-13 00:09:16

Onwards and upwards lovelies... Bfp's, bumps, babies and young graduates, growing nicely back in the warmth of the greenhouse...

CloudOfStarlings Thu 13-Jun-13 00:06:56

Aaah sabs I can't believe it! Congrats!!! Knew we were getting 3 boys, eep! So so happy for you. Can someone text me the name?? Really hope you're ok sabs, I assume it was a vbac.. hope u recover well and bet dd is over the moon!

SabsFabulous Thu 13-Jun-13 02:45:38

Thanks everyone smile Still can't believe I have a boy grin I keep calling him Saara or referring to him as a girl! grin

At 11pm on Tuesday night I started getting contractions / lower back pain. We rang the delivery suite when they were a few minutes apart who told us to come in. Dropped Saara off to my mums to be with my sister and picked my mum up.

Had to wait ages to be examined to be told I was 2-3 cms dilated, similar to what happened with Saara. Asked for an epidural but was told that I wouldn't get it unti later. I then got told I was 5 cms and had the option to wait a few hours to see how much I had progressed it to attempt a vbac or go for c-section. I finally got my epidural but it didn't work in the area where I had the most excruciating pain, my lower back, despite having 3 top-ups.

That, combined with the lack of food and sleep just made it so much worse for and in the end I just screamed out for a c-section. It was very similar to how it was with Saara in that it was taking ages to dilate, although it wasn't as slow this time around, the pain in my lower back was too much to bear.

Baby Zain was born at 4.36pm weighing in at 8 lbs and 12 ounces, 11 days early! I keep thinking how much he would have weighed had he been born around his due date!

He looks just like Saara and has a lot of hair smile will try to email or text photos to anyone who wants to see him, just let me know!

The GTT came back clear so that was good. Hopefully they'll let me go home soon as it's a typical London post natal ward - overheated and overcrowded with crying babies waking each other up and I of course miss Saara. Saara was actually quite good with him when she came to see him. Lets see how long that lasts smile

Luckily I didn't get post partum haemorrhage this time around as i lost 3 litres of blood so had to have a blood transfusion and I'm trying to breastfeed too so any tips and hints most welcome!

Neeko Thu 13-Jun-13 07:10:08

Oh so lovely! Please send me a picture. As for bf, just relax, have plenty of skin to skin, offer it to him often and don't worry if he's not interested at first. H didn't take any for the first 24 hours then loved it constantly for the next 13 months.
So happy for you a d your family of 4 xxx

Rumours Thu 13-Jun-13 07:11:49

Oh wow sabs huge congratulations gringringrin. Well done you smile I love the name and what a good weight. I would love a picture xxx

moonmrs Thu 13-Jun-13 08:29:52

Omg sabs grin congratulations! Wasn't expecting to see that! So pleased all is well, isnt it funny how boys and girls tend to come in clusters smile I'm so excited and over the moon for you! 4ever its you next! Omg and then its me shock

Sorry to have been awol, having a bitch of a couple of weeks at work, and have had a stinking cold along with some migraines so not been on here much. Hopefully can catch up over the weekend.

CloudOfStarlings Thu 13-Jun-13 09:03:05

Aww sabs so lovely! And gorgeous name! Well done you. Hope you're feeling ok. I had lower back contractions with both mine too, they are just horrible aren't they! Sympathy from me! V impressed we have a birth story already too!

moon hope you're ok lovely, sounds rotten. Are you decided on names yet??

4ever forgot to say before, we sent the cbeebies card 4.5 weeks before birthday. A friend sent hers 4 weeks to the day before hers & they got shown too. It was so fun waiting for it to come on & seeing ds' face..he keeps asking to watch it again!

CurlyLikesShortShorts Thu 13-Jun-13 23:24:38

Yay!!!!!!!! grin that's wonderful news sabs well done you, and fab name for what I am sure is a gorgeous boy smile I'm so glad you haven't had the same problems afterwards. Hopefully breast feeding will go well. I found it so much easier second time around but it was still really tricky for a week or so. I think it was easier because I recognised the feeling of latching on (slightly fizzy feeling i think but have totally forgotten now!) so knew when he got it and when he didn't. I thought the mumsnet guide to bf was fab. Email me if you are struggling. I don't have my phone working at the moment but I'd love to see photos via email too smile congrats to gorgeous Saara and your lovely dh too xxx

Big hugs to 4ever and moon and excited waves to all grin

4everhopeful Sat 15-Jun-13 18:43:11

Waves to all! smile

Just an update for our lovely shroom, she wanted to say massive congratulations to Sabs & her beautiful new arrival! smile

Shrooms still really struggling with the sickness, but all good signs I say! smile She's 8wks & has a scan on monday, so lots of positive thoughts, but definitely so far so good! grin Yay!

Hope alls well with Sabs and our latest graduate and your blissfully enjoying your babymoon?! grin

Cloud you must now be in your new home?! How exciting! smile Hope the move went smoothly & your settling in nicely?

All ok here, just collected babys new moses & bouncer from being stored at my mums! Just wanna be prepared after our latest graduates early arrival! Am filled with extra apprehension now cos of this damn scary GBS thing & the need to get to hospital as soon as labour starts confused & prayers he won't be infected, turns out a friend had it, so been good to chat to her, but also a bit distressing as her DD did need antibiotics, was thankfully ok, but she sent me a pic of her with her arm practically in a splint with the IV abs in which was heartwrenching, but good to be prepared for the possibility of it..

CloudOfStarlings Sun 16-Jun-13 09:47:37

Hi 4ever thanks for the update on shroom, amazing that she's 8 weeks, doesn't the risk of mc drop quite a lot after 8 weeks? Thinking of her loads.

No we're not in the new house yet.. got the keys on Fri but don't move in til thurs as we have 2 weeks left on rental contract so doing a but of painting first.. painting the boys' room tomorrow, can't wait! Completion all went smoothly though & packing is getting there.. though making pancakes for dh breakfast was interesting today when we've packed loads of our kitchen stuff, haha!

Glad you're feeling prepared for what may happen to ds, it is heartbreaking to see them with lines in, or masks etc, but it's all to give them the best possible start. And you & dh are so strong we know you'll get through it & all be even closer as a family x x x

Rumours Mon 17-Jun-13 07:43:38

Morning busy weebles smile

sabs Z is so scrummy, I just want to hug and hug him. How's the breast feeding going? Don't put too much pressure on yourself though, make sure you enjoy him, and remember that as long as he gets fed, breast or bottle, is all that really matters.

shroom hope you are ok and not feeling too yucky. Good luck with the scan smile

4ever try not to weeble too much and stay away from google. You have great care with your midwives and consultant, so take heart in that. Enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy and S. it won't be long and you'll be mum of two grin

neeko not long til DISNEY grin bear <- yellow mickey

Big waves to everyone. We've got two more weeks left of school before we break up for the hols. I've now got lots of things in place for the boys, plus a trip down south to visit family.

Shroomboom Mon 17-Jun-13 16:37:18

Sabs huge congratulations, what fantastic news! Love the name and would love to see a pic if you get chance but think you probably have your hands full grin Hope the breastfeeding's going okay? Lots of love xxx

4ever you might even be out of your scan by now but hope it's going/gone well! Sorry to hear of all the worry but at least they now know about the strep b so will be prepared. Thinking of you lots, and thanks for updating for me!

Afraid I can't be long as am still feeling incredibly sick, but just wanted to update on our scan which went really well smile Next hurdle is nuchal scan on 16th July...

Love to you all xxx

4everhopeful Mon 17-Jun-13 19:39:29

We've already text, but hurrah hurrah for Shrooms successful scan!!!! grin I'm just absolutely beaming for you! This all looks so very promising, and so so very deserved... smile

Our final scan was all good, bit manic with Summer along for the afternoon(!) but baby measuring well, abdomen circumfrence totally bang on average, 50th percentile, quite a big (but normal) 'boy' head, as she called it(!), around 90th percentile, legs around 80th, and estimated weight of 6lbs15oz already! shock which is about 80th percentile, so I say an average of 70th, where Summer was actually off the scale! So not hugely big, but still big! Hmmm hope I don't quite go to term then as potentially another 9lb'er if I do! confused

Quite emotional really that that's almost definitely my last ever scan in my last ever pregnancy!

Shroomboom Mon 17-Jun-13 19:52:00

So glad it went well 4ever, hooray! Your boy sounds perfect smile

Not surprised you're feeling emotional, you've gone through so much to get where you are, it's almost scary to think that you can finally move on and get on with the next stage of your life, which will be bringing up your two beautiful children.

Have a lovely evening all xxx

Neeko Tue 18-Jun-13 07:26:42

Well done on good scans schroom and 4ever .So pleased for you both.

Rumours how's your DH's new hours working out? Bet the boys will love going visiting during the hols. Fingers crossed for a drier summer this year.

Moon hope you're doing ok.

Sabs hope the gorgeous new man in your life is behaving himself wink

Cupcake Is the smell of paint stuck up your nose?! grin Good luck with moving day.

All fine here. Work really busy and I'm up to my eyes in holiday planning. The dibb site is excellent for info but addictive and I have made a million notes to myselfblush

The girls had their ballet show on Sunday. Too cute and very proud mummy moment.

Rumours Tue 18-Jun-13 07:41:59

New hours are a lot better neeko, it's going to make such a difference smile
I did a big awwwwww at the ballet show smile

Rumours Tue 18-Jun-13 07:42:42

And yay!! to fab scans shroom and 4ever

Neeko Tue 18-Jun-13 11:52:21

Glad hours are helping Rumours. I think you've candid how you cope with everything and still have time to care about all of us. Any little respite for you is more than well deserved. Will you be driving south on hols? If so, you are very welcome here for a pit stop.
The outfits at the show were too cute. H was a bunny in one (and very good at wiggling her bunny bottom too!)

Neeko Tue 18-Jun-13 11:54:00

That should have said you're amazing <technophobe>

moonmrs Tue 18-Jun-13 19:20:22

Well the weekend came and went and I still never managed to get on here! So attempting a bit of a catch up now.

Yay for shroom grin so sorry you're feeling rubbish, but like the others have said, it must mean good things, and a happy scan proves it, oh I'm so happy for you!

And yay for 4ever too, not long til you get to meet your little man!

Hope sabsfamily are all doing well smile

News from me - I am in the 3rd trimester today! 3rd trimester! Wow how did I get here?! Some days I think I'm dreaming. Had a midwife appointment today, baby's heartbeat racing like a goodun, got measured for the first time, and this little boy is gonna be a big one! I remember at the 20 week scan they said he had long legs, I'm tall and dh is 6ft 2, so that wasn't surprising really. But he is measuring off the scale shock so am a little worried now about the giving birth part.... I thought he'd had a big growth spurt recently though, up until now I've not had any stretch marks, then almost overnight over the weekend, I suddenly have loads! Still struggling with my back/leg, midwife maintain its sciatica, but some nights I cant even walk up the stairs and resort to crawling on my hand and knees, surely that's not sciatica? But its a small price to pay, and I'd put up with that forever if it meant we ended up with our healthy little boy. Have my GTT next Weds, not looking forward to that, I am sooooo hungry in the mornings I will surely be wanting to eat my own arm by the time I've hung around the hospital for 3 hours in the morning lol.

Ordered our little man some furniture last weekend; cotbed, wardrobe and dresser/changing station, eeek I get so paranoid doing it but it was kind of exciting too. 10 weeks left of work now, taking 2 weeks hols, then 1 weeks maternity up to my due date and hope he isn't late!

Anyway I must go, will try to get back a bit more frequently.

Waves to everyone and wonders what happened to blue and mls these days?

Neeko Tue 18-Jun-13 20:51:09

Wow! 3rd trimester? Fantastic. Congratulations x

yay to third trimester , new babies and 2 successful scans - all in the world of weebles is good. Barbie is on her way to her new home and I', stupidly busy as ever! Ah well - wouldn't want it anyother way.
very excited today - got Mama Mia tickets for me, DD1 and her bestie in Auguts through kids week. Cost an arm and a leg but only one due to the discount. I would be counting the days already if that wasn't too sad but do need to start DD1's Abba education...Dancing queen she knows but it's the others!

CloudOfStarlings Thu 20-Jun-13 00:33:23

Just lurking & wanted to respond to moon that yes sciatica can be dreadful. I had it with both mine but particularly bad with ds1, I had a wk off work at one point as I could barely walk..was in so much pain I cried at night trying to turn over. You have my sympathy! I took cocodamol (though I know you're not keen on taking painkillers) and stuck a mini hot water bottle in my waistband at times! And don't worry the giving birth thing is great, all part of the experience!

Moving day tomorrow..house chaos..I should be asleep!! My amazing big sis over to help with the boys though so should go well! Night all.

Neeko Thu 20-Jun-13 07:36:26

Good luck today Cloud and happy new home!

moonmrs Thu 20-Jun-13 19:15:58

cloud that's just like me, some days can barely walk, and yes to turning over in bed, its a right performance and so painful! Its just because I've known people who've had sciatica (non pregnancy related though) and they had completely different symptoms, but mine seem to be like yours were. I can cope with it because I know its not forever, but its hard sometimes. Hope all went well with the move, exciting times smile

<waves> to neeko lbm rumours 4ever and schroom and hopes sabs is doing well.

4everhopeful Mon 24-Jun-13 10:50:34

Hellooooo quiet ladies! How we all doing? smile

Moon shock and massive grin that you are in your 3rd trimester already! It seems to have just flown by! Fantastic to buying things too, not so fantastic about the sciatica, another sympathiser here, I cannot sit for long, without my whole leg and back in pain, but hey, it'll all be worth it!

Cloud hope the house move went well and you are settling in and not still surrounded by boxes! Must be so exciting for you and your family! Are you having a housewarming?

Neeko you must be jetting off to Disneyworld soon? You must of told the girls by now? Bet they're bouncing off the walls! smile <melt> at the ballet show!

Rumours countdown til the end of school for you then! smile Sounds like you've an action packed time planned! So glad DH's new hours are benefitting you all round.. smile

Shroom hello if you're lurking! I'm still smile

Sabs hows you and your lovely new boy? Are you still in babymoon bliss?! Must be coming up nearly 2 weeks now! shock Hows the BF going?

Waves to LBMthesuperbusy grin to Curly too, and all the other lurkers!

All good here, officially 3wks to go today, but really feeling/hoping it may be sooner! If not, this time 3wks I'll be going in for my induction! grin One last consultant apt next wk, I've resorted to cleaning windows and am going to seriously attack the pruning on our overgrown but beautiful, rose bushes in the front garden later! Nesting has kicked in big time! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now