Ttc after recent mc, for Creme egg scoffers, shared confusion and joint cursing of mother nature

(956 Posts)

I couldn't bring myself to call her a bitch, we still need her help! Come on ladies, let's do this thing....

BumpKitty Thu 07-Feb-13 10:58:48

can't write much as now looking after a 2 year old and a puppy on my days off work. just wanted to say huge congratulations to bakingtins i'm so pleased for you xxx

grotbagz Thu 07-Feb-13 11:03:42

congrats bakingtins!! i hope it all goes perfectly for you!

spanish we're waiting for the initial bleeding to stop then a period of no bleeding then the next period if that makes sense (I'm not sure on the technicalities yet sorry) - but thats just personal decision!

grotbagz Thu 07-Feb-13 11:05:01

period of no bleeding was the most confusing phrase i could have used - sorry i promise i'm not trying to confuse everyone again!

SpanishLady Thu 07-Feb-13 11:29:17

thats ok Grotbagz - I know what you meant.

I think that is the best way to go - I think Ive stopped bleeding (or for now at least) and have had a go at trying to work out when my period might come (based on my cycle pattern before I got pg and using first day of MC bleed as like a period - so very scientific and bound to bear absolutely no relation to what will actually happen!) - I am therefore expecting a period to appear on 24th Feb - I am going to also wait till after a period before TTC again - wish it is fast!!!

grotbagz Thu 07-Feb-13 11:35:59

spanish it seems so long doesn't it! i had another period only a week after id stopped bleeding last time so hopefully it'll all work in your favourite and not be too much longer!

GardenWorm Thu 07-Feb-13 11:50:06

Baking WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

IBelieveInPink Thu 07-Feb-13 14:15:57

tins yaaaaaay! Hurrah! Something to cheer for at last! <swiftly whips out pompoms> yay! Good work at starting this Fred off well smile we shall all follow your fine example!
How are you feeling? You okay?
So happy for you!

Bakingtins Thu 07-Feb-13 15:50:16

Thanks everyone!

bzzbee I have 2 boys, had a MC in between them at 10 weeks in 2009, then TTC no 3 for a year, got a BFP and miscarried at 8 weeks in September. This was cycle 5 post-MC. We've decided we can't cope with more than three miscarriages (have been pretty traumatic and ended up with me in hospital both times) so this is our last chance.

Spanish the baby aspirin thing is supposed to thin the blood and prevent clots forming in the placental vessels. It's the treatment for antiphospholipid syndrome which is one of the causes of recurrent miscarriage, and is sometimes recommended for recurrent miscarriages of unknown cause. Normally aspirin is not recommended in pregnancy, so it's something to discuss with a doctor rather than just try yourself.

thunder laughing at your elusive cervix (and thinking that has to be incorporate into the title of the next thread - although we won't need one because you are all going to be pregnant this thread and we will need a bumps thread instead)

yorkiebilb Thu 07-Feb-13 16:50:22

Yes yes, I am very sad checking mn whilst I'm on holiday but I HAD to say a massive congrats to baking on your bbt! I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you! grin

Hoping to see a few more BFP's on here before I return!

yorkiebilb Thu 07-Feb-13 16:54:07

Oops! I meant BFP by the way...I've been obsessively googling bbt temps the past half hour...I'm blaming my crazy behaviour on jetlag honest!

Hope you're all well <scuttles away to hang out with a fake elvis and scoff another donut>

AmelieRose Thu 07-Feb-13 17:03:24

Well if there's creme eggs involved then I'm definitely in the right place. Nearly made myself sick last night finishing a bag of creme egg splats grin. Good at the time though!

Congrats bakingtins and here's hoping it's the start of a flurry of BFPs for all!

So my bfp won't be til end march (note the pma) , that still counts though, yeah? Don't all leave me! But do all get upduffed...

BumpKitty Thu 07-Feb-13 17:26:30

That's ok thunder you'll have a lovely Christmas pudding like my DD smile

grotbagz Thu 07-Feb-13 17:30:18

thunder mine won't be until then either I don't think!

I was just going to ask as well, do any of you do anything different in terms of diet, supplements, exercise, anything really while trying? And if its not tmi - how often do you dtd around ovulation? Is there a sort of what is better to do?

Zeuxippe Thu 07-Feb-13 17:34:17

Hi grotbagz I'm going to do my best to follow the sperm meets egg plan this time re dtd - should come up first hit if you google. Promises 40% success rate after mc!

SpanishLady Thu 07-Feb-13 17:53:40

I have cut out tea and coffee and alcohol completely, not entirely necessary I know but I feel like I need to take back some control if that makes any sense - Im trying to eat healthily and get good amount of rest (my son kind of sleeps through the night but like last night had us up at 2am) Im trying to be proactive (received an order of OPKs and pregnancy tests today in preparation) and positive eg have stopped looking up miscarriage on the net.

the consultant I saw after my MC agreed I should continue taking my folic acid/vits so am doing that.

Bakingtins - thanks for your advice - I did think it wouldnt be something I'd try alone but then never having had an MC before I had never heard of it so when I saw people discussing it I just wondered

will now read up on what Z suggests!

On the positive front I am so grateful for the lovely friends, family and work colleagues (including my manager who had a cry with me!) - its especially touching to receive support from people who have their own troubles - people can be wonderful.

Also, another silver lining (attempt at grim humour coming up) to occur to me is that I now finally have something in common with Beyonce....

<chuckles> at grim humour- spanish can you not do the bum wiggle too? Uh oh uh oh uh oh....

grot, I've switched to decaff except to one coffee a day- which is much for sleep reasons as others and also because when I do get pg it won't be so noticeable! First time we just dtd a few times around possible ov time- never used opks or anything, just looked at an app. Oh the simple days.

bump I'm aiming for a November bundle first! wink

diyqueen Thu 07-Feb-13 18:12:51

Wow bakingtins congratulations and lots of luck and hope the next couple of months go quickly and well for you.

SpanishLady Thu 07-Feb-13 18:45:42

oh my bum wiggles but I think thats the fat to be honest

JBrd Thu 07-Feb-13 19:23:30

Congratulations Bakingtins, that is fab news! Is it just me or are MN pregnancy announcements just so much nicer? I'm getting very depressed in RL when someone announces their happy news, just had two more friends telling that they're pg again - made my heart ache. But here it's no problem, maybe because it's a bit more abstract? Who knows...

Bzzbee I am in the process of getting my act together to find a new job. I didn't like my current one even before the mc, but decided to stick it out (v. generous mat package and all...), but now I have no desire whatsoever to stay any longer than necessary! I am even contemplating handing in my notice before I have found something else, I dislike it so much! Should've know better and listened to the warnings I was given (but was desperate at the time, and it did look good on paper...).

I'm still waiting for af to turn up, hopefully soon (here's something I never thought I'd say!). I had my ERPC 4 weeks ago tomorrow, and am starting to get twitchy... Not that I'm not enjoying dtd completely randomly and really just for fun for a change grin, but I'd rather get on with it, I'm not getting any younger...

chocolateteabag Thu 07-Feb-13 21:57:17

<late to the party as usual> yay tins!!! so so happy for you!

So my AF has tailed off to a mere dribble. I think it might be the volume of Creme eggs and other chocolate I have stuffed in today. May be the Creme eggs are the secret to keeping AF at bay? maybe I should up them to 2 a day maybe we should have Creme egg related name changes?

Notice the lack of obsessing about implantation bleeding in my post above
<goes back to hourly knicker checks, googling and gently rocking>

IBelieveInPink Thu 07-Feb-13 22:37:17

Choc- that's it. It's my 2 a day egg habit that is keeping my af away! I just need to stop the eggs and she will trot right along where she is supposed to be!!

GardenWorm Thu 07-Feb-13 22:56:37

....you don't think the little swimmers are confused and trying to fertilise the creme eggs do you???? Banish the Creme Eggs, they may be evil (or just misunderstood)

bzzbee Thu 07-Feb-13 23:06:55

Baking gosh you've certainly been through the mill with mcs. Here's hoping this is your year smile

JBrd maybe we can support our respective job hunting here then!
I applied for 3 jobs today, and felt quite buzzed this evening, it's the idea that something might come up, a bit like buying a lottery ticket, if you're not in etc. It's also a very good distraction!

I feel like I have been hanging on in my current job way too long, in the vague hope I might get pregnant. Excellent maternity leave/pay etc. I'm a bit more nervous than is probably normal because the last job I had, I found out I was pregnant with DD one week after handing in my notice. (Total accodent, we werent even trying, the irony!) And I'd been there 8 years. Doh!
But now I think staying somewhere I am not happy is probably not good for me anyway, and probably lessens any chance of a BFP.
And, painful as it is to think about, if I never get pregnant/have another child, it would be a shame to have thrown away any chance of contentment at work as well. It's this "limbo" state (at one point a couple of years ago I didn't book certain sporty holidays in the vain hope I'd be pregnant...what a mistake) of ttc which I sometimes thing is the saddest thing. We just all want to get on with our lives.

It's so cool the impact of Bakings happy news on the thread today, it's really lifted the mood, here's hoping for some more good news from all of you!

Xx

shellshock7 Fri 08-Feb-13 08:47:22

Congrats bakins great to get some good news smile Hope you're doing ok

lucky I'm with you, the bitch got me (sorry thunder but she is a bitch) early yesterday, gutted sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now