2013 Baby Dust

(191 Posts)
Sparkle002 Sun 13-Jan-13 21:33:12

I am starting a new thread anyone care to join me on the journey? smile

makinglemonade Mon 14-Jan-13 19:24:15

Hey I'll have some if its going spare!

TTC for first time. DH and I are both 33. We have been leaving it to chance for a while but this year we are determined to be serious about it. I've been off the pill for 4 years and have a feeling there is an underlying issue. Have tried not to think about it but I think this is the year we stop ignoring it.

My period started today so I'm sure our Xmas shagfest didn't work sad

Sparkle002 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:24:49

Ha ha bearface

Sparkle002 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:26:11

I just came off mine to stating again ready for feb

Bearface Mon 14-Jan-13 19:27:13

Welcome to my boat (inside the Baby Dust boat of course) MakingLemonade. Hand holding optional!

Bearface Mon 14-Jan-13 19:28:16

Ooo that's exciting Sparkle - have you got any DCs already?

roofio87 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:30:28

bearface yeah consultant suggested we try for 6 months and then maybe investigate if it hasn't happened. we're only 25 and my periods have returned to normal so we're hopeful but just got to wait and see!!
I'm all clear of the cancer now and they're hopeful I'll stay that way so we've had the all clear to try!! just depends if the chemotherapy has damaged my eggs,but hopefully not!
trying to just be relaxed and enjoy the whole experience but its hard!! wink

Sparkle002 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:32:38

Bearface no not yet.....first day today

Sparkle002 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:34:29

Making lemonade don't worry 2013 will be yours

Bearface Mon 14-Jan-13 19:35:59

Oh I'm so pleased that you are well again. smile One of my (male) friends had chemo and a testicle removed and he has two bouncing girls both conceived naturally, so there is definitely hope! I know it's hard to enjoy it IYSWIM but maybe as you're at the earlier less jaded like me stages have fun having sex and don't worry about it for a while. Treat it all as practice grin and if you get a Bfp then even better!

Sparkle002 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:37:21

Roofio87 I can't imagine how you must be feeling but I did have a friend who also had cancer 6yrs ago and last year had a little boy so I am sure it will workout for you too

Sparkle002 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:39:17

Are any of you trying the ovulation kit?

I'll join in as well if I can? smile

Just started TTC #2, DS was a total surprise so this is the first time I will be actively trying smile

I think it will be a long while for me tbh. I have a lot of the symptoms of PCOS but because I didn't want children before DS came along, and then was adament I didn't want anymore, I have never been to the GP about it. However, I have decided to wait 6 months to see if we have any luck before going about it because my periods have become far more regular after DS than they were before (used to only have 2 or 3 a year)

Based on my last few periods, I think I am around ovulation now, so will see what happens smile

makinglemonade Mon 14-Jan-13 19:44:16

Thanks sparkle and for starting this thread on a day I really needed to be among like minded ladies

bear we are in the very same boat it seems. I'm fairly clueless about fertile times etc but I'm starting to educate myself. I've no sisters and don't want to tell my friends we are TTC. I've told one friend but she got pregnant the first month of trying so she doesn't really understand.

This is our year ladies wink

Sparkle002 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:45:55

Welcome f....it

Sparkle002 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:47:36

Lemonade you know you can work it out on an ovulation calculator.....if you need help ask ok.

Bearface Mon 14-Jan-13 19:48:24

Well, I'm using ICs for ov kit and I think I had two LH surges this month so not sure a) if I oved at all, b) which one it might have been - the second surge? Had blood test so should be able to find out soon. I think if you are very regular then they help, but if you're not then they aren't very reliable.

Hello Fuckity just wanted to write your name

Sparkle002 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:49:41

I also know what you mean I came of the pill in aug and actively started in sept me and 2 other friend and in dec both ground out they are pregnant.
I had been on the pill for 9 yrs after my first. Now ready for 2nd one

Bearface Mon 14-Jan-13 19:50:44

Blimey lemonade - we are a bit twin-like aren't we?! I have been educating frightening myself loads this past seven months. I do feel more informed about my body now though, even if my body and I are now no longer on speaking terms grin

Mermaid214 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:51:24

Can I join you all? Me and DH TTC since I came off the pill in July 2012 but no luck so far sad I'm 33 and he is 35. No other children. Been using the clearblue fertility monitor but for the last 3 months all I get is high readings with no peaks! It's driving me mad as i don't know if it means i'm not ovulating? Does anyone else have any experience of this please?

Sparkle002 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:52:09

I downloaded a site call ovulation it so far seems to tell me the exact date my period is due? Well this month I'll be testing for ovulation

Sparkle002 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:53:44

Mermaid214 welcome

Bearface Mon 14-Jan-13 19:55:03

Sorry mermaid - I don't really know, but hello to you and welcome.

Got to head off now folks as DH will be in in a bit and needs the flaptop. Bye.

setayharas Mon 14-Jan-13 19:55:27

I'm just using ic opks and taking note of my body(not successfully) but I am pretty sure I ovulated today (cd21 which is quite late)
Been having stomach cramps all month which gp says it do withy nerves from my back as I have a bad back. Gotta go have an ultrasound as iv had a cyst before so really scared that that will show up something that might effect our efforts.

This ttc malarkey is hard work and scary business isn't it

Sparkle002 Mon 14-Jan-13 19:56:21

Bye bearface

Bear grin Type it while you can cos I'm trying to think of a suitably witty NC

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now