First month ttc, anyone in the same boat and want to get excited with me?

(299 Posts)
Sunshine2013Hopefully Thu 03-Jan-13 14:29:50

Hi all, this is my first month TTC after waiting to TTC for 14 months so I am very excited ( and a lil scared). I am 26 and this will b r first baby. So if anyone else is in the same situation, come and join me and we can get excited together! (grin)

Iheartcrunchiebars Sun 27-Jan-13 20:28:05

That sounds very promising! I'm sure it will be a negative for me but have high hopes for you!

hoping2beamum Sun 27-Jan-13 21:03:59

im not sure either...sure we'll see on Thursday anyway...fingers crossed it'll be great news for both of us grin

Suddenly had these horrible cramps come on in both of my thighs & groin but mainly the right one.....not sure what that means...if anything!!

setayharas Mon 28-Jan-13 10:56:38

well no af yet. but she isnt really due until tomorrow. another bfn this morning and any cm i had has dried up so af wont b long sad

getting the most horrific cramps and feel like iv pulled all my lower pelvic muscles so if she is on her way i wish she would hurry up now

Iheartcrunchiebars Tue 29-Jan-13 06:33:31

Got my first twinges of period pain this morning sad

hoping2beamum Tue 29-Jan-13 08:05:23

Try & stay positive iheart when is she due?
All of my symptoms have disappeared apart from the emotional rollercoaster & tiredness so not holding out much hope for Thursdays testing either but trying to stay positive.

How are you doing this morning setay? Hope you're ok & af has stayed away! Xx

Iheartcrunchiebars Tue 29-Jan-13 08:27:26

Friday or Saturday.

hoping2beamum Tue 29-Jan-13 14:50:13

Dont get disheartened iheart....When I came back from the dog walk this morning I suddenly felt like AF was here or definitely near (im not due til Saturday & never have any cramps/feeling like she's coming until the day before she arrives)...so i did some research...a large number of women have felt AF like symptoms and still got their bfp's. Dont loose all hope just yet. Certainly changed my mind set when I read all of the information I could find.

startoftheroad Tue 29-Jan-13 15:23:36

hi all .... can i join ? my name is Becky and i am in my first month of a) - coming off the pill (symptoms are not great) and b) trying to concieve ..... any advice as all very overwhelming and scary xx

setayharas Tue 29-Jan-13 15:34:20

heyyyy im still here! af not shown her face yet and she is due today.

tmi comming here.... i have got sooo much watery cm that i feel like im weeing myself constantly running to the toilet thinking shes here.

dp has hidden all my sticks so no more poas for me this cycle lol

dying for a glass of wine so wish ijust knew either way

setayharas Tue 29-Jan-13 22:02:50

Af got me! I was so sure we'd done enough this month heyho
Onwards to cycle5 armed with my new clear blue fertility monitor,
How's everyone else? Anyone gonna be hanging around with me next month?

ncsmummy Wed 30-Jan-13 06:23:09

Can I join please? This is our first month ttc. AF due 2 Feb.
Symptom spotting so far brings crazy exhaustion all day, headaches, swollen painful breasts, leg cramps and a hunger like nothing I have never known!! lol
Hope everyone gets their BFP soon!!

hoping2beamum Wed 30-Jan-13 11:48:48

Hi Ncsmummy and startoftheroad <waves> Hope both of you get your BFP's soon.

setay im so sorry the witch got you. Onwards & upwards for next month & fingers crossed you get your BFP. Hope you find the cbfm as useful as i did. I found it much easier than temping.

iheart how are you doing today? Hope you're feeling ok.

Dh made me do a test this morning - BFN. sad sad sad (sorry iheart - i know we were meant to test in the morning but DH has no patience) Felt an awful gutted feeling as soon as that second line didnt show. I ued a FRER has anyone else had negetive results with these and gone on to have a BFP? I am only 10dpo so im hoping that it was just too early for me to test. Anyone else test on 10dpo and have a negetive that became a BFP?

If anyone is interested in visulisation & meditation for conception i found a lovely 10 min video on you-tube yesterday afternoon...it made me really relax and i felt very positive afterwards, its helped me today as well after the BFN this morning.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnA7uhyN5ig

setayharas Wed 30-Jan-13 18:31:42

Thanks hoping got quite excited pressing the m
Button this morning it's calmed me down already knowing that I should hopefully get some kind of Run up to ov rather than the obsessive poas then dtd like a maniac lol

Never been one for meditation or visualisation but think I'll give that a go later on the laptop ( just tried to watch it on my phone and dropped my phone in my risoto so gave up on that idea)

I once googled bfn 10dpo and found thousands of stories from people who went on to get a bfp after that so don't loose hope yet! You might not have implanted yet so wouldn't even be producing any hormones to be detected!

FutureMum Wed 30-Jan-13 18:34:57

Hi ladies, TTC number 2, have been trying for six months, any tips appreciated. Number 1 was so easy, but the stressful life I have at the moment is playing havoc with my system (I think.) Either that, or at the ripe old age of 35 I left it all too late...

Iheartcrunchiebars Wed 30-Jan-13 20:40:49

hoping2beamum I have avoided the thread all day because we also caved this morning and did a test and got a BFN. I felt so guilty! We still have a few days left so I hope it's just too early. I won't be able to test now until a week tomorrow even if I do miss my period as I live too far away from anywhere that sells tests!

MY DH husband laughed at me this morning because I think the tests are too harsh. It broke my heart when it said 'Not Pregnant'. I think it should at least add 'Better Luck Next Month' or 'Not Pregnant Sorry'.

hoping2beamum Thu 31-Jan-13 07:38:33

iheart sorry it was a bfn for you too. I completely understand,it's a very hard thing to see 'not pregnant' first thing in the morning, doesn't put you in the best form for the rest of the day does it?! "better luck next time" or "not pregnant yet" would be a lot easier to take in - positive reinforcement! I envy you not being able to test now until next week, I have a cupboard shelf full of tests & wish I didn't. Another bfn this morning. sad how are you feeling in general? I felt af dull cramps all day yesterday but that is strange for me, I never feel her until the night before or the day of. Maybe I'm just all too aware of her now.

setay the cbfm is brilliant, at least you'll know your high fertility and peak fertility days. When the high fertility days come up on the monitor it's not long until your peak (2-3 days) so you'll know exactly when to get busy grin. Thank you for the positive thoughts yesterday, they really helped & I ended up googling the 10dpo bfn and you were right, thousands of people went on to get bfp's after a few days.

Hi futuremum fingers crossed you get your bfp soon. Are you taking vitamin B6 to help you?

ncsmummy Thu 31-Jan-13 07:44:06

Well I had to do it to myself didnt i? Despite af not being due til sat night and the box saying to use the first pee of the day i just had to poas! Of courise it was a bfn! Now convinced that I must have some kind of strange illness to explain all my symptoms instead!! I dont remember bein this crazy with my eldest 2 blush

setayharas Thu 31-Jan-13 07:57:36

Well iv woken up this morning to find that my dear dog has found my Cbfm test sticks from on the table and chewed a few of them to bits (an expensive chew toy) it's a good job he's cute.

hoping2beamum Thu 31-Jan-13 08:08:49

ncsmum so sorry about your bfn. Don't loose hope yet. What dpo are you?

Hahaha setay that cheered me up...lucky for you it wasn't the monitor!!! Could have been a lot worse!

I found some figures girls based on the percentage of women who get their bfp's on the days past ovulation. Hope this helps you all stay positive;

35% 10dpo
51% 11dpo
62% 12dpo
68% 13dpo
74% 14dpo
80% 15dpo
88% 16dpo
92% 17dpo

X

Iheartcrunchiebars Thu 31-Jan-13 10:04:17

This makes me feel a lot better thanks hoping2beamum I ovulated quite late in the month so there is still hope...kind of. xxx

hoping2beamum Thu 31-Jan-13 10:27:03

There is hope until the witch arrives....and then there is next month grin no-one ever tells you it's this hard do they?! We're not out yet though!! All fingers & toes crossed she stays away. Xx

startoftheroad Thu 31-Jan-13 13:45:10

hi all thanks for accepting :-) i never realised it was so difficult to get pregnant x i hope you all have some happy news soon .... i am having a crappy week this week as would have been my period week had i still been on the pill and nothing ... just feel moody and eating for england and still no period .... did anyone else have side effects from conning off the pill ? how long did your cycle take to kick in ??

why is it when you decide you want to ttc that you want it now ?? im impatient and ill never concieve if i dont get my period :-( booooooooooo

londonchick Thu 31-Jan-13 15:44:09

Hiya! Can I join in? I came off the pill in Nov and have had 2 cycles so far - one 32 days and one 37 days. Currently CD5. Just going with the flow for a while but this seems like a lucky thread!!

Iheartcrunchiebars Thu 31-Jan-13 16:37:08

Welcome london chick lets hope this is a lucky thread for you x

hoping2beamum Thu 31-Jan-13 17:11:10

Hi londondonchick welcome! Hope your stay is short & you get your BFP very soon.

startoftheroad I can't offer you any advice with regards to the pill as have never been on it but I really hope your cycle sorts itself out very soon. It must be very frustrating for you. And you're right....no one tells you it's this hard to have a baby...I wish somebody had told us!!

Well AF feels like she's on her way any minute so I am armed with red wine, chocolates & plenty of films for the weekend.

I wish this would all just be so much easier for us all. It's a hard long road isn't it!!

Hoe everyone else is doing ok!! Anyone due to test soon & give us some good news???

Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now