First month ttc, anyone in the same boat and want to get excited with me?

(299 Posts)
Sunshine2013Hopefully Thu 03-Jan-13 14:29:50

Hi all, this is my first month TTC after waiting to TTC for 14 months so I am very excited ( and a lil scared). I am 26 and this will b r first baby. So if anyone else is in the same situation, come and join me and we can get excited together! (grin)

hoping2beamum Fri 18-Jan-13 11:00:40

Hi all <waves> Would love to join you all on this journey if you'll have me! smile

DH and I are trying for our first at the moment, im currently cd13 so due to ov tmrw or Sunday. We are following the SMEP plan...anyone else using this method? also using the cbfm and preseed to give those swimmers all the help they need!

Will keep my fingers x'd for all your BFP's soon....its a nervous and exciting time!

setayharas Fri 18-Jan-13 11:59:18

Hey welcome hoping I haven't done the smepthis month as fell asleep before oh got home on the third day after positive opk but will be bck on itnext month! Aswell as having bought a Cbm yesterday.

I have been using pressed as iv heard some good stuff about it.
I'm 4dpo at the moment and slowly going more mental unno how I'll survive the 2ww this month

Fx for you anyway and welcome again

setayharas Fri 18-Jan-13 12:00:28

Hey welcome hoping I haven't done the smepthis month as fell asleep before oh got home on the third day after positive opk but will be bck on itnext month! Aswell as having bought a Cbm yesterday.

I have been using pressed as iv heard some good stuff about it.
I'm 4dpo at the moment and slowly going more mental unno how I'll survive the 2ww this month

Fx for you anyway and welcome again

secretlytrying Fri 18-Jan-13 12:02:08

definately feeling better not being on the pill!

hoping2beamum Fri 18-Jan-13 13:40:01

Hi Setay thanks for the welcome!

the cbfm is brilliant, hope you find it useful too if you need to use it next month but will keep my fingers x'd for you this month!! the 2ww is a very long 2 weeks isnt it?! you could drive yourself mad looking for every tiny symptom!!

i tried the preseed for the first time last night, im not too keen on it, used the smallest amount (1 on the syringe) but still thought it was far too much...i have been reading a few things on ppl using it after dtd so might try that instead! every little helps smile

Hopefully there will be lots of BFP's on this thread v soon grin

setayharas Fri 18-Jan-13 14:10:12

bit of a tmi qestion but how long before dtd do u use it?
i was using about 2/3 on the syringe about 15 mins before dtd and it seemed ok (i read to give it time to spread out to every nook and cranny lol) maybe thats why i got on ok or iv got a bucket crutch lol

so you might be snowed in this weekend whilst you ov so you have no excuse to not dtd

hoping2beamum Fri 18-Jan-13 14:41:34

I put it in about 45 mins before we ended up dtd as DH got delayed on a phonecall...i was aiming for 15 mins...maybe 45 mins was too long???

hes already been told it will be a busy weekend wink but i dont like putting him under too pressure either as he hasnt had a high sex drive the past few years due to high job stress so im trying to make it as relaxed as possible and forwarning him! he has been very good and obliging though..although i felt sorry for him last night when he was so tired and still didnt complain at my requests!

How long have you been ttc?

LovesTheOutdoors Sat 19-Jan-13 22:58:27

I bet a lot if people are googling the SMEP now...just like me! Sounds interesting, but a bit tiring if I'm honest!

roofio87 Sun 20-Jan-13 15:11:48

anyone else going completely crazy like me reading into every little thing your body is doing?!?! I'm on cd18 and my boobs have defo gone bigger like just before I get my AF,but not due for over a week. also been a bit bloated and crampy. its probably nothing and I normally wouldn't even notice but now I'm ttc I'm obsessed Haha!!

BunnyTamer Sun 20-Jan-13 21:17:29

My AF was due 17th and tested but was a negative despite AF being a no show. Tested today and there was a faint but discernible second line. I'm pregnant! I was 'sure' it would take a long time, with my PCOS and all, and that I was imagining the metallic taste and crampy feelings and stabbing boob pain. But I wasn't, there is definitely someone in there! I hope things go as well for everyone else and thank you for sharing, I didn't feel alone in it all.

roofio87 Sun 20-Jan-13 21:28:50

bunnytamer wow a MASSIVE congratulations!! I'm so pleased for you and hope ur pregnancy goes really smoothly and wishing u lots of future happiness with your baby!! x smile

LovesTheOutdoors Sun 20-Jan-13 23:12:59

Wow that is so exciting!! Congrats!

hoping2beamum Mon 21-Jan-13 08:10:29

CONGRATULATIONS Bunnytamer. Thats wonderful news. Wishing you a very happy & healthy 9 months. grin

setayharas Tue 22-Jan-13 11:23:44

Big congrates bunny spread your bfp luck around!

How's everyone doing? I'm 7/8dpo now and have no symptoms. Hoping that because I'm not stressing and looking for every symptom rather.
Although I am completely obsessed with crea
Soda at the moment(maybe its a craving haha)

Getting a bit bored with waiting though and dunno how much longer I can wait to poas

Hope your all ok

Sunshine2013Hopefully Tue 22-Jan-13 12:23:11

Massive congratulations bunnytamer!!
Wow our first bfp, hopefully the first of many for this thread!

Well I'm 8 dpo today and I'm really in need of a virtual slap round the face - any volunteers? I totally think I'm pregnant, I promised myself I wud b realistic when beginning this journey but it seems I'm just getting reli carried away and I'm just gona set myself up for a major fall!

Anyone else being this mental or is it just me! Lol

hoping2beamum Tue 22-Jan-13 13:12:52

sunshine...im on the same boat as you....this tww is very hard!! trying to keep busy and occupy the mind! every little twinge or feeling & im googling it! i have been given advice from girlfriends with babies to stay away from the website twoweekwait otherwise you will drive yourself insane and convince yourself you are preggers!

im walking the dogs 2 or 3 times a day, going to the gym and baking plenty of cakes/biscuits to try and keep my mind off things!!

when are you due to test?

setayharas Tue 22-Jan-13 19:15:20

I gave in, I tested 8dpo.....bfn but then that's all I expected. I'm such a stupid cow I should have just waited

Oh well off to go swimming And to hear the mates dating gossip, maybe I'll stop thinkin of poas for even ten mins

LovesTheOutdoors Tue 22-Jan-13 20:31:19

sunshine and hoping I am exactly the same! I unfortunately have had a 3week wait, as had a 35 day cycle last month (1st month off the pill) and thought it would be a bit shorter this month as my body is getting pill free. But day 35 is tomorrow, and no AF yet!!! I totally thought I wasn't pregnant a week ago, but now, I totally think I am! Haven't had period pain as I usually do, and had funny waves of light cramping a couple of weeks ago...which could have been implantation right??

Totally TMI, but tried to POAS this morning, but even managed to fail on one of the digital ones...not enough liquid if you know what I mean! Going to try again tomorrow, and will be really disappointed if I don't get a BFP, even though it is only 1st month trying! So glad I'm not the only one going insane though!

Sunshine2013Hopefully Tue 22-Jan-13 21:39:27

Glad I'm not alone girls! grin

hopingtobeamum staying busy is the only way isn't, the thought of ur poor dogs worked to death made me lol!
Af is due next Monday, but dh has an interview for a new job on Tuesday and wudnt want it to distract him so I'm testing on the Tuesday or Wednesday if af hasn't shown up by then? What about u, when u testing?

setay sorry about the bfn but 8 dpo is reli early, ur not out of the game yet!

lovestheoutdoors oh how exciting testing time tomorrow, let us know how it goes! I know what u mean about being disappointed but it is rare to get pregnant on the first cycle so plz dont get disheartened. Altho wudnt it b amazing if we managed to get knocked up in our first month, eeeeekkk! grin

Soooo let's obsess about symptoms. My biggest symptom has been tingly breasts, like pins and needles, any1 else getting this???

SeriousStuff Tue 22-Jan-13 21:44:11

LovesTheOutdoors I'm as insane, believe me. I'm also on cycle 1, TTC1, AF due in 6 days. No idea when I ov-d as had EWCM on a number of days throughout my cycle! Also, good luck tomorrow!

This first month has dragged and am finally letting myself POAS on Friday...I have nothing but admiration for all the amazing women on here who persist for years.

Ladies, when it's meant to happen, it will happen!

roofio87 Tue 22-Jan-13 22:20:06

oh ladies,this 2ww really is a nightmare isn't it!! me and my bf have agreed that every month it doesn't happen we're going to do something we won't do when we're having a baby, like going for a big night out or day trip somewhere like go ape Haha!! thought it might at least give a silver lining to it taking a while!!
but also know I'm going to be disappointed id it doesn't happen!! I can poas on Monday and I can't wait!!!! grin

setayharas Tue 22-Jan-13 22:46:09

Oh I never expected a bfp at 8 days just have so many Internet cheapies I thought what the hell.

So I was swimming and had a massive panic, what of the water got in me and flushed out a fertilised egg haha. I even. Considered getting out until the ex sister in law informed me I was quite ok to swim.

Only thing I'm gettin is creamy cm as a pulling pain both sides of my pelvic area when I was swimminh(probably from my under used muscles)

Iheartcrunchiebars Wed 23-Jan-13 03:56:24

Hi do you mind if I join in? I'm 31 and have just started ttc. All very exciting and terrifying at the same time!

hoping2beamum Wed 23-Jan-13 07:31:09

Hi Iheart <waves> hope you enjoy the chats in here, it helps a lot to know there are others here to talk to!! Fingers crossed you get your bfp soon.

Fingers crossed for you today lovestgeoutdoors , really hope it's a bfp for you. You are right about having so much respect for those who have been trying for a long time, I don't know they do this every month, their strength is incredible & something that is very admirable.

sunshine you've less than a week to go, will keep fingers crossed for you next week. Those sound like positive symptoms you've been having. Do you by any chance monitor your cervix position? I can't find much info on the Internet about how it changes (ie lower or higher) if you have conceived. The only symptoms I've had yet are bloating & gassy tummy & small amount of heartburn in the evenings. AF is due on 2nd feb so I've a while to wait before testing, I'm only 3dpo. The dogs love their walks so they're not too upset that they're getting out so much but Im not sure they will be so tolerant when it goes back to one long walk after the tww lol.

roofio that sounds like a great plan with your oh if it doesn't work this month but fingers crossed it does. I think it's very important to blow off steam after these two weeks. Never ever imagined It would be this hard!!!

Haha setay that made me lol about the swimming. Hope you got to enjoy the swimming in the end. How many dpo are you & when did the creamy cm start after you ovulated?

Iheartcrunchiebars Wed 23-Jan-13 07:35:32

Thanks for the welcome! Fingers crossed for all of us x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now